Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Craftknives - Year 4 End - Death n' Death  (Read 12480 times)

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Craftknives - Year 2 End - We Hate Our Queen
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2014, 02:13:42 pm »

He just posted on the Harvestcoast thread that his internet had been out because of electrical problems... I sent him the note about the save but haven't heard back.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

snackfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • biddyfox.com
Re: Craftknives - Above ground succession fortress ( vanilla )
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2014, 06:38:17 pm »

I'm on the job, guys.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2014, 07:35:35 pm »

I'll take a turn.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2014, 07:57:19 pm »

Put me on the list for a turn, thanks.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
  • You have been struck down! It was inevitable.
    • View Profile
Re: Craftknives - Above ground succession fortress ( vanilla )
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2014, 01:07:03 am »

I'm on the job, guys.

That's great! Can't wait what madness is going to happen.

Also guys ( Iamblichos and Skullsploder ) your second turns are gonna be after Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum and Lurker Z's. Hope you don't mind.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 01:15:14 am by KiBoy »
"Ha-ha-halt in the name of the Obeisant Vegetation!  Okay, Princess, you can speak to the Necromancer now."
"A-anou, Necromancer-san, could...  C-Could I have your autograph?"
If you imagine an 8-bit Hinata with elf ears, it gets even more ridiculous ^_^

snackfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • biddyfox.com
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2014, 11:22:40 am »

Craftknives
Spring 128
Overseer: "Snackfox"

1st Granite
Hello, I am Snackfox, overseer of Craftknives in the year 128.
I have lived in Craftknives for one year. For that one year, I have been worried about the security of this fortress.
For one, we have but one bridge and a few traps to defend us. We don't even have a roof. This will not do. We must build a roof.
The animal pen is not protected either. I ordered a door and a rotating bridge (to fool-proofedly lock it) to be built.

A few have reported sightings of a ghost. I ordered our mason to build a coffin. This made me realize that we have a giant jack-of-all-trades stockpile in the middle of our main room. This may have been a good idea when the fortress was still new, but it's still there in the third year, when we should have had enough time to build new buildings for each stockpile. This must be fixed. I will build a few new buildings.

10th Granite

Mayor Onshenèzum has been complaining regularly about her room. I decided to build some statues, to shut her up.

The bridge on the first floor didn't seem to have a lever, so I was about to order one built, then I found a lever on the second floor that seemed to be hooked up to it.

13th Granite

Found a note from the previous overseer. Apparently the bridge wasn't actually hooked up to the lever on the second floor. Figures. I promptly ordered it connected to the bridge.

I have realized; we have no proper alcohol stockpile. We must fix this. I have designated a building to be built to store our booze in.

We've run out of wood. Currently ordering trees to be cut.

I'm going to build what I always wanted to build: an enemy-smasher. The way it works is: make a pen, put in a caged goblin, and pull the lever. A bridge will fall, crushing it! A beautiful method of security, am I right? I call it the Cage-Crusher.

14th Granite

Erush Orrunsigun has turned 13, and is now officially an adult. He will become a mechanic; we need more of them. Currently we only have three.

3rd Slate

Migrants! Great, we needed more mouths to feed.

7th Slate

The snow has melted! Finally.

I've built the statues the mayor wanted. Hopefully it'll stop her complaining.

17th Slate

A kid has been possesed! She grabbed some bones from the corpse stockpile and is working with fury.

The ice has melted.

The Cage-Crusher is done. I've done some research, and apparently that's called an "atom smasher". Huh. The lever for it is in the crypt. I need something to test it on.

22nd Slate

The possessed girl created a dog bone spear, apparently called "Brushdrill". I wonder if we could use it for our military.

25th Slate

I accidentally trapped a few dwarves on one side of the river. I'm currently ordering a bridge for them to cross.

Oh, wait, never mind, they're fine. Oops.

Tested the atom smasher on a baby chick. It works better than I thought. I can't wait to use it on some goblin scum.

18th Felsite

The elves have arrived and are unloading their goods.
And then a kobold attacked. Prepare to be crushed, scum!

He escaped, unfortunately.

Okay, the elves arrived with some wood. Good, we needed it. The elves's hippie-ness is finally helping. Never thought this would happen.

23rd Felsite

We don't really have much to give the elves, as most of the stuff we can afford to give them is in wooden containers. If only the idiots would let us sell them wood…

I tried to give them some clothes, but they didn't like that and made us give them a bar of pig iron. Idiots.

26th Felsite

Goblin snatcher! They're unusually active this year. I sent the military out at her. Die, scum!

She escaped! Dammit! How does the scum keep managing that?!

« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 11:24:46 am by snackfox »

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2014, 08:41:27 pm »

Kill ALL the goblins.  Just don't mess up his floors and statues  :)

No worries on the postponed turns... the more the merrier.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2014, 11:07:08 pm »

So, I was wondering what kind of end-game goal this fort needs, and only one thing comes to mind so far: Assassinating the queen. I'm pretty sure all overseers agree with me. :P
"Ha-ha-halt in the name of the Obeisant Vegetation!  Okay, Princess, you can speak to the Necromancer now."

snackfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • biddyfox.com
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2014, 07:57:44 am »

Yup.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2014, 10:20:56 am »

Yes, after that big let-down Iamblichos the dwarf would probably drop an iron statue on her from 20 z-levels up  :)

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2014, 10:53:57 am »

If that statue is of the queen, or even worse, an elf, then we got a plan.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2014, 12:20:47 pm »

We don't really have much to give the elves, as most of the stuff we can afford to give them is in wooden containers. If only the idiots would let us sell them wood…
You don't have to select the whole wooden containers to move goods to the depot (or you can even move them in wooden containers if it's faster, though you may not want to take the chance they see it, so just select the individual stuff from the container to be sent to the depot without the container itself). It's a little more tedious, and you have to absolutely check each item that it doesn't have anything made of wood, so it's up to you if it's worth it.

Question: Is channeling (to a lower level or even an upper one) considered against the thread's Queen's rules, may she burn in Armok's fiery (arm)pits?
After all, technically, we'd just dig our own level, except the roof off and the ceiling away. Is the Queen going to have a problem if I make a 20-level high room from 20 levels below ground, build some up-down stairs between them, then my successors decide they should be each made indwafidual rooms?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 12:47:48 pm by Lurker Z »

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2014, 01:09:39 pm »

Yeah, I don't think we're allowed to build anything underground...?

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2014, 11:33:16 pm »

Yeah, I don't think we're allowed to build anything underground...?

Yep, sorry. Queen's orders.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2014, 04:54:36 pm »

Ah. I read that rule more carefully now. So no walls/pillar if one opens up a cave, no traps?...
We might die at the first cavern...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8