Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Do you make any changes to the MASTERWORK Raws before playing?  (Read 6787 times)

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Do you make any changes to the MASTERWORK Raws before playing?
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2014, 05:29:12 pm »

if it would be possible, could anyone direct me to how to change the raws for changing the upgrade leather, chitin, etc to automatic?
The file you want is DFINSTALLDIR\Dwarf Fortress\raw\objects\reaction_masterwork.txt, where DFINSTALLDIR is wherever you unpacked the Masterwork archive. You hit CTRL+F and look for "tanner", then scroll down until you find the reactions you're interested in and add the [AUTOMATIC] token to them, just before the [SKILL:<skill>] token. The result when you're done should look something like this.
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:BOIL_LEATHER]
[NAME:Upgrade leather I (boil in oil)]
[BUILDING:TANNER:CUSTOM_O]
[REAGENT:A:1:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:NONE:NONE][ANY_LEATHER_MATERIAL] [REACTION_CLASS:LEATHER_EXOTIC]
   [REAGENT:oil:150:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [UNROTTEN]
      [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SOAP_MAT]
   [REAGENT:oil container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [CONTAINS:oil]
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
      [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:SKIN_TANNED:NO_SUBTYPE:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL_TOUGHLEATHER:LEATHER]
[PRODUCT:85:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:oil:NONE][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:oil container]
[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:TANNER][AUTOMATIC]

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2014, 03:42:33 pm »

I've started adding a reaction to the gemcutter that turns a large gem into a rough gem.  Which makes gnomes my favorite people, since they bring large bloods of armok and such, though I set them to show up very late to balance a little.

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2014, 11:52:51 pm »

I make one of the corner tiles a blocking tile on all the magma workshops.  Running with "harder smithing" off defeats the purpose if magma elementals can come along and burn up the area.  Maybe make this change dependent on the harder smithing flag?

The previously mentioned idea of turning off ash production as a by product of smelting due to workflow issues reminded me that the ore processor reactions spitting out blocks gets messed up when using workflow to limit blocks.  A more proper fix might be to change workflow to stop a job only if all of the results hit their limits.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2014, 05:06:15 am »

I make one of the corner tiles a blocking tile on all the magma workshops.  Running with "harder smithing" off defeats the purpose if magma elementals can come along and burn up the area.  Maybe make this change dependent on the harder smithing flag?

If you want no magma elementals in your forges, instead ofbuilding straight above the magma sea, pump the magma up a level through a grate. It's indestructible from below, so the local wildlife won't come up through it.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2014, 06:47:31 am »

If you want no magma elementals in your forges, instead ofbuilding straight above the magma sea, pump the magma up a level through a grate. It's indestructible from below, so the local wildlife won't come up through it.
I create a cistern then create a thin passageway to that cistern for magma to enter from and after it's filled I channel a square out above it and have it designated as a pond thus creating a sealed magma cistern via obsidian casting.

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2014, 01:50:10 am »

Broseph> What is your RAW info for potatos? Id love to add that to my fort, preferably available on embark.

I only usually tweak little things, like the value of amethyst (my favorite gemstone), or adding "pet" to coyotes and giant coyotes.. nothing huge.

On vanilla RAWs I edit out animal men.. thats a bit of a pain, but i hate animal men -_-
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2014, 11:09:47 am »

Code: [Select]
[PLANT:VEGETABLE_POTATO]
[NAME:potato][NAME_PLURAL:potatoes][ADJ:potato]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:2]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[EDIBLE_RAW]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]
[PICKED_TILE:244][PICKED_COLOR:6:0:0]
[WET][DRY][BIOME:NOT_FREEZING]
[VALUE:2]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:DRINK:PLANT_ALCOHOL_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:vodka]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:vodka]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling vodka]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:7:0:0]
[EDIBLE_RAW][EDIBLE_COOKED]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[DRINK:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:DRINK]
[SPRING][SUMMER][AUTUMN][WINTER]
[CLUSTERSIZE:5]
[FREQUENCY:10]
[PREFSTRING:earthy flavor]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SEED:SEED_TEMPLATE]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[SEED:seed potato:seed potatoes:6:0:0:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]

Whether or not they're available on embark is pretty random. If my civ didn't have potatoes I'd copy everything under [VEGETABLE_POTATO] and replace the raws of another plant.

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2014, 08:07:36 pm »

Thanks!
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

xxseuzxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2014, 05:27:59 pm »

the sole change i have made to the raws was increasing the number of eggs several animals produce.
so then i can have a gigantic surplus of saltwater crocs,or unleash dozens of raptors

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2014, 07:14:27 am »

Not really a change I make but a change I'm looking to make:

I embarked on a savage biome and want to get rid of the flies without regenning the world. However, it seems that no matter how I change the raws for flies and acorn flies, they still keep spawning.

So far I've tried removing their brain and lungs, setting population to 0:0, frequency to 0, removing biome tags, changing biome tags to freezing (embark biomes are hot/scorching), setting homeotherm to 1 or 14000.

My understanding is that removing the creature from the raws entirely won't work, but the plan is to either modify tags so they no longer spawn, or kill themselves immediately on dying, but they still spawn and flit around.

It's not really the negative thoughts I'm trying to avoid, but rather the possibility of things disappearing randomly because of their rotting. Other vermin are less of a concern because vermin killers, which can't target flies.

Suggestions?

somebears

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2014, 09:19:48 am »

Not really a change I make but a change I'm looking to make:

I embarked on a savage biome and want to get rid of the flies without regenning the world. However, it seems that no matter how I change the raws for flies and acorn flies, they still keep spawning.

So far I've tried removing their brain and lungs, setting population to 0:0, frequency to 0, removing biome tags, changing biome tags to freezing (embark biomes are hot/scorching), setting homeotherm to 1 or 14000.

My understanding is that removing the creature from the raws entirely won't work, but the plan is to either modify tags so they no longer spawn, or kill themselves immediately on dying, but they still spawn and flit around.

It's not really the negative thoughts I'm trying to avoid, but rather the possibility of things disappearing randomly because of their rotting. Other vermin are less of a concern because vermin killers, which can't target flies.

Suggestions?
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Cheating#Enemy_race_dies_in_a_pink_cloud

Also remember to change the raws in the save folder, not in the data/raw folder

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2014, 11:44:21 am »

I change the names of breedable animals to have 'M' and 'F' to help see the gender of the animal in lists that don't display it.  Makes it easy to cull 90% of the males but only 40% of the females.
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2014, 06:14:33 pm »

ok guys i may have a big suggestion here, but it might have also been brought up before. My new fortress has 5 fisher dwarves and they are all fishing frequently, i was wondering if there would be a way to mod in the ability to turn the fish into a higher consolidated product, like maybe fish sticks or fish filets. i know theres already a process fish job, but it would add a bit more purpose for the fisher dwarves (IMO)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2014, 06:25:58 pm »

Yes, thats possible. Its a bit tricky, but certainly possible with raw modding.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2014, 08:23:52 pm »

could someone point me in the right direction please? im looking for the reactions that are used in the farmers workshop, i want to have milk creature, make cheese, etc all automatic but i cannot find the right reaction file
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4