Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Do you make any changes to the MASTERWORK Raws before playing?  (Read 6788 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Do you make any changes to the MASTERWORK Raws before playing?
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2014, 08:53:04 pm »

They dont exist, its hardcoded. No one can alter those.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2014, 08:55:35 pm »

it was worth a try anyways lol, thanks for the quick reply meph.

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2014, 11:11:39 pm »

I think I will try brown and black sand, and add them in a future update. dark green is a bit... well. It certainly fits with the grass, but I dont recall ever seeing green sand lying around.

Changing the color scheme to make green darker would also be a solution. I might have to think about that, to make it closer to the grey/brown/black of the other pebbles/ground tiles.

I just thought I'd put on my geologist hat for a moment and point out that, while rare, green sand is certain a real thing. You basically have to start with ultramafic intrusive igneous rocks like dunites or peridotites that are high in olivine content. These are mantel rocks, mind, so they aren't exactly common, but in Hawaii for example you can find some green beaches.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2014, 08:50:50 am »

Those reactions are almost certainly hard coded. [Or confirmed, as Meph has done.]

I haven't used workflow myself, but you might be able to use that to get something close to automated. Milk->cheese would be easy (basically a workflow that "if milk exists, make cheese"), but I'm not sure about milking. If there's a timer function ("every X months|seasons|etc, do Y milking reactions" where Y is the number of milkable creatures you have), that might suffice.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2014, 03:12:33 pm »

I make one change to the raw files. I change Longland grass from BIOME:GRASSLAND_TEMPERATE to BIOME:NOT_FREEZING.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Rimbinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2014, 03:16:52 pm »

Not sure if correct section but how to correctly add a new reaction to a workshop in an existing save? ... editing them works fine, but then I make new one it does not appear in workshop's list. I do permit it in entity files, anything I am missing ? or do I need to generate new world after adding new reactions ?

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2014, 03:45:17 pm »

You're not missing anything, you simply can't add new entries to an existing save like that. They'll show up after a regen.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2014, 06:20:32 pm »

I used to make sure the goblins had a variety of suitable weapons and usually change thier profession names. Since it seems they have access to weapons other than flails and whips and (cross)bows now, I don't need to do the former. The latter... Yeah, that generally still needs to be done. Macegob is way less of a mouthful than beat-ya-up.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]