Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DFhack Createitem problems  (Read 2663 times)

Ghosthound

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
DFhack Createitem problems
« on: August 20, 2014, 08:19:31 am »

Hello,

I have recently discovered DFHack and all the wonders it is capable of, and whilst experimenting with it in a new fort, I thought I'd try the createitem command.
I thought I'd try with some cloth, as it seemed like a pretty basic place to start. I managed to create a number of pieces of wool cloth, by the command "createitem CLOTH CREATURE_MAT:sheep:HAIR".

However, the dwarves totally ignored it as a usable resource. They would happily dump it, but would never take it to a stockpile or anything. It wasn't designated as a forbidden item.

What am I missing?

Alluvian_Est-Endrati

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENGRAVERY:MISGUIDED]
    • View Profile
Re: DFhack Createitem problems
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 08:30:37 am »

You have to capitalize SHEEP. Also don't forget to put a number of units to create at the end of the command. I attempted: "createitem CLOTH CREATURE_MAT:sheep:HAIR 1" and got the message: Unrecognized material!

However when I tried: "createitem CLOTH CREATURE_MAT:SHEEP:HAIR 1" it worked fine, and the item was hauled off to a cloth stockpile just fine.
"I’m going to keep bloody gambling! Bloody, bloody gambling and drinking! Where’s my bloody drink? Anyone want to gamble for it?”

Send in the Clowns: &.&

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 08:46:28 am »

Specifying the number of items is not necessary - it defaults to 1.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Ghosthound

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 08:50:21 am »

Sorry, should have made myself clearer.

The item is created (I had forgotten to capitalize the 'sheep' in my post, but not in the dfhack client), but the dwarves ignore it. I currently have a mostly empty cloth stockpile and the newly created piece of cloth just sitting in the middle of a corridor being trampled on.

Ghosthound

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 09:01:26 am »

Actually, just tried it on silk cloth and it worked fine. I must have been doing something wrong. Thanks for the help though :)