Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: To Kill a Psion: Chapter Two: The Raid on the Queen's Tourney. IC thread.  (Read 14413 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OOC Thread.

This tale, like many others, starts in a tavern. Tonight, the Dirty Goat is completely full of inexperienced but hopeful adventurers, mercenaries, warriors and and every other name that up-starts use to identify their brand of violence for hire.

They are all here for one reason, and one reason alone: to join the Hunt. Hence, tensions are just as high as hopes. Nevertheless, a bard is doing his best to keep spirits light, a job made much easier by the copious amounts of booze everyone is consuming.

Next to your tankards sit your badge of admission to tomorrow's tourney. You were lucky to receive this; almost three thousand applicants were denied admission to the 800 head pool of contestants. You'll also have to be lucky to progress far; the first day of the tourney is made up of three tiers of harsh elimination rounds. You'll be pitted against a random opponent or opponents in a battle till surrender or unconsciousness. If you win, you'll do it again, against someone who did the same thing. If you're lucky enough to progress that far, you will have your final battle the next day. Victory there wins you a slot in the next phase.

Tomorrow, you will show up for placement depending on your party size. The options go from solo to a five man team, which also determines your opponents (solo fights solo, three fights three, etc.).

The question is, for most of you, do you do battle alone or do you find allies to stand beside you?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 02:52:32 am by My Name is Immaterial »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: To Kill a Psion: Chapter One: The Queen's Tourney. IC thread.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 07:08:44 pm »

Ilev looked around the tavern, searching for those that he might join in a group with. Although he trusted his faith and his arm could see him though any mortal challenge faced, he was wary of the potential that he would have to face mages in the upcoming bouts. A mage on his own side would not go amiss, and someone who could watch his back could not possibly be a bad thing.

I'm going to look for anyone who looks like a magic user and also looks like they might be looking for companions. If I find one I'll go over and introduce myself as "Iley 'PathSeeker' Nuaugamkea."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 07:38:06 pm »

Guilhayl indulges in his ale, presumably sitting next to Mutt.

I'm going to sit here and presumbly get boozed up.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 09:03:46 pm »

Mutt sat next to his master, glowering into his beer. He glanced at Guilhayl.

"Is it going to be just us, or are you going to get some other flunkies?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 09:08:43 pm »

X'ithzol stands up, tucking his badge into one of the many pouches he wears, and moves out of the dark corner he was sitting in, moving through the crowd and suspiciously eyeing those he passes.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 09:11:18 pm »

"I'll find somebody."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 10:19:43 pm »

Iley Nuaugamkea:
You scan the crowd, and spot two men sitting at the bar. The one on the right may carry himself and a spear like a fighting man, but his hat is peaked like a mountain top from your distant homeland, indicating his status as a mage. The one on the left is too infirm to be a slave, regardless of the fact that he carries himself and dresses as one. The way he speaks is tinged with intelligence.

You tap the mage on the shoulder.
"Good day, good sir! I am Iley 'PathSeeker' Nuaugamkea, here for the tourney. Would you care to join forces in tomorrow's contests?"

Guihayl Aber:
A massive finger taps your shoulder, and you turn to see a Goliath's abdomen. When you look up, he offers his hand to shake.
"Good day, good sir! I am Iley 'PathSeeker' Nuaugamkea, here for the tourney. Would you care to join forces in tomorrow's contests?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 10:20:07 pm »

((Deepest apologies, but ptw))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2014, 10:44:27 pm »

((Deepest apologies, but ptw))
((You are welcome to RP as NPCs if you want.))

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 10:48:06 pm »

Mutt eyes the hulking goliath up and down. His face remains expressionless, though inside he's judging whether or not he could take the brute down if he reacted violently to knowledge of his psionhood.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 10:53:16 pm »

Mutt:
A few Energy Rays to the chest equals one dead Goliath and a bar full of pissed-off, heavily armed and violent psion hunters suing for some practice.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2014, 07:47:21 am »

So he could take him down if he had to... good to know. Mutt waited for the wizard to speak.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 10:09:38 am »

"Hmmmm..."

Sense Motive check: 9. Bah.

"Why not? Welcome aboard."

Guilhayl shakes his hand.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2014, 10:50:07 am »

Pathseeker shook the hand of the mage and pulled up a chair to his table.

"It is nice to meet you. May I have the pleasure of your name? And, perhaps the name of your, er. Companion?" Pathseeker said as he looked questionably towards Mutt.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2014, 10:56:10 am »

I am Guilhayl Aber. I am a wizard. This is Mutt.

((Quick DM question: my character should probably know from experience; how would people react if I informed them that Mutt is a captured psion?))
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19