Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ArchéAgé Béta keys (all taken)  (Read 2215 times)

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
Re: ArchéAgé Béta keys (all taken)
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2014, 09:42:36 pm »

Oh drat, missed a chance at a beta key. :(

Been eyeing this one up as a potential MMO to get invested into as I don't have one at this moment. :P

Perhaps this can be the Beta key thread?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2014, 10:43:07 pm »

I bought one of the founder packs on Steam so I'm in the beta as well :3

I do like the fact that there aren't any set-in-stone classes, and you can change the skillsets around as well. Keeps the whole thing fairly fluid.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 11:45:52 am »

So I managed to get in some time last night.  Combat is pretty much the same as the traditional stuff.  Not far enough to see the 'fun' part of the game yet I reckon.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 02:34:29 pm »

I think the fun of the game comes from the politics and crafting being the main way of advancing at endgame. At least to me it seems like they have taken some of the theories as to why eve online is as popular as it is and are applying it to a standard mmo. Now granted you don't lose your items when you die, but if your using a ship then it can be taken and smashed. The real money maker at end game comes from trade runs which require you to get trade packs and take them across the ocean in a ship. So essentially you would be at the mercy of pirates or have a strong enough group to reach there. To be honest I'm not at that point but I've watched some game play at that point.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2014, 02:55:40 pm »

Been considering this game, but given my hate of missing things, I'd probably want to shell out for the Founder's... and its kind of hard to just throw $150 at a game to try it out. Still, it looks kinda neat!

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 03:00:58 pm »

Look up Bikeman's videos on Youtube. He shows a fair amount of all aspects of the game, but his high sea shenanigans are the most entertaining. Especially stealing from the Kraken. :D
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2014, 05:45:05 pm »

Just dropping by to mention that I managed to be the first sent to jail during this closed beta, a couple hours after launch on the first day. In that section of the Nuian(douchebag humans) start where you get a rowboat and have to cross a small bay, you're told to be careful that cannons may be fired at you and to jump overboard if they are. I was disheartened by the complete lack of cannon fire on my way to the other side and found 3 unmanned cannon, upon further inspection it turned out I could use them and manually aim/lob very small AOE's at players to knock them down for ~3 seconds.

I spent the next two hours playing this fun minigame and severely hindering new players' crossing. People reported my crimes, some dueled me and lost. When I got tired I went in a neutral zone and attacked the first high level player i found to die and go to prison.

Once there I let the faction know I was the first in prison, after which two people from a pvp/piracy guild asked me where it was located, broke into the prison with gliders, and helped me break out by helping with the digging of a tunnel using spoons, I joined their guild after.

If you play this game, be warned, there are a LOT of opportunities to piss in people's cornflakes. Some will find an endless source of entertainment, others frustration.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2014, 05:51:00 pm »

So, the people who are the most likely to be interested in the prison's location know it, you got a first, and you got to show other people that that text does actually have a reason to be there.

Sounds neato.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2014, 07:39:50 pm »

Jury trial stance: 'Stealing' from those who plant anywhere is not a crime.  It is public property.

EDIT: On another note, I probably need to get a new cpu just to play this.  Already runs hot and slow on minimum settings.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 08:41:11 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 [2]