Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Sappho's Great Big Bundle Clear-Out Giveaway  (Read 26142 times)

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sappho's Great Big Bundle Clear-Out Giveaway
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2014, 05:40:36 am »

wow i have won twice so far. thank very much for the games.
and can you please add me to

Epigenesis
Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory
Borderzone

plus playing with the mic is very fun.

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2014, 06:54:02 am »

Thank you very, very much! Also, I'd like to be scratched from Gun Metal list - I've already received more than fair share (and alas, I'm in for one more game that is non-loved by anyone besides me), and I'd be happy to improve the odds of the other contender to that title (to 100%, no less). :) I think I'm safe to say that not only I am, but we all are very, very grateful for that giveaway. :)
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #107 on: July 12, 2014, 02:04:31 am »

Ajustments have been made to the list. The next round of games are ready to be drawn.

She's approaching the podium. Her posture is good. She looks fairly confident.

For my first game, I'll be giving away Nosferatu.

She has the envelope. It's not sealed. This should be an easy start for her today. She gracefully lifts the flap and removes the card with the winner's name on it.

The game goes to choppy.

Some applause from the crowd on the smooth first giveaway. Let's see what the next one has in store.

My next giveaway will be Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory.

This envelope is sealed, now. The difficulty shoots up quite a lot in these cases, not sure how she's going to handle it... Ah, and it seems she was expecting this. She's got a letter opener! She inserts in smoothly, good cut across the top of the envelope. That was very gracefully done, and she hasn't missed a beat.

The winner is: choppy.

There's some stirring in the crowd. That's two games in a row. The judges are conferring. Has there been a mistake? They're going over the sign-up list. Sappho is waiting patiently for their verdict. She doesn't look worried at all, folks. Ah, the judges have reached a decision. It appears choppy was the only one interested in either of those games, so it's perfectly in accordance with the rules that he win twice in a row. I'm sure we're all relieved to hear that. No foul, and Sappho doesn't look surprised at all. She's taking the next envelope without any hesitation.

The next giveaway will be A New Beginning.

We have to note for our audience that this game is listed with a question mark next to it. That means it's unknown whether the key will actually be valid. We certainly hope it will be. Alright, she's inserting the letter opener, and-- no! She's dropped it! She's dropped the letter opener, everyone, and it's clear from the look on her face that this was NOT intentional! It has clattered away and right off the stage. She's looking nervous, now. That is going to cost her big time. Is she going to go after it? No, it looks like she's decided to use her finger! It's a bit rougher than the letter opener, but she's got the envelope open. Here's hoping that doesn't knock her out of this giveaway altogether.

The winner is Il Palazzo.

Again, not a surprise, as he was the only entrant. Sappho's face is looking a little red, there, as she takes the next envelope. She still doesn't have the letter opener, and she's going in with the finger again. This is not looking good. The edge is very rough, several small scraps of paper have fallen to the ground, and-- oh my gods, she's ripped the envelope. It's a small rip, but still, it does not seem likely that she's going to get through this with her reputation intact.

The winner of A-Train 8 is Bouchart.

Bit of a breach of protocol, there, as she did not announce the game before opening the envelope. This has been a rough day for Sappho. Fortunately, we're down to the last game, and it will all be over soon. She's got the final envelope. She's trying to slip her finger in, but it's not working. This one is sealed down tight, no gaps whatsoever. She's looking pretty panicked up there. She's grabbing at it frantically, but she can't get a grip. Sweet Armok, now she's using her teeth! She's got a corner in her mouth and she's just desperately trying to get the damned thing open. We can see the judges shaking their heads. It's all over for Sappho. Finally, the envelope has torn, and... It was a trick! It's not an envelope at all! It's just a piece of paper printed to look like an envelope! The judges are laughing. They seem to think this is very funny indeed. Sappho seems to have gotten the message now. She's not pleased at all.

There is no winner for Beatblasters III. No one has signed up for the game, and it has been moved to the Island of Unwanted Games.

The judges are still laughing. Several of them are wiping away tears. Uh-oh, Sappho is headed over to the judges' table. She looks angry, folks, she looks very angry. She's picked up the fallen letter opener on her way and... Sweet Armok, no! Uhh... I think we need to cut. We'll be back tomorrow, and thanks for watching.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2014, 01:42:02 am »

Dear Diary,

I'm so confused, I don't even know where to begin. You know those nightmares I get all the time, where I rush off to get where I need to go, then arrive to discover that there's no one else there? You know that feeling I always get, that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, when I'm the only person in a room or on a tram or something, and I worry that I'm not supposed to be there?

When I arrived at the arena this morning to give away the next set of games, I was prepared for a huge backlash over yesterday's... incident. I definitely didn't expect the judges to show back up again, after our little "encounter" with the letter opener. I never expected that the whole place would be... empty.

I had to turn the lights on myself. The door was even locked. And no one was waiting outside. Not one fan, not one protester. Not even today's contestants.

Naturally, I'm afraid I'm not supposed to be here today. I would say that maybe we're taking Sundays off, except the first giveaway was last Sunday! It doesn't make any sense.

So maybe the powers that be have decided to cancel the giveaway. But wouldn't they have let me know? Wouldn't there be people here cleaning the place up, at least? The whole thing is so eerie. Like an episode of the Twilight Zone.

Well, I tell you what, Diary: I'm not going out like that. To hell with this arena. I've still got their microphone buried in my backyard, and I'm gonna dig it back up and take to the streets. I will march all over this great city, proudly declaring the winners and handing out their games! I will not be stopped!

Epigenesis will go to choppy, because that guy has a thing for games no one else wants!

Gun Metal will go to USEC_OFFICER, because of the generosity of BlindKitty!

Luminosity (Desura) will be moved to the Island of Unwanted Games, for great justice!

Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves will go to GiglameshDespair, victorious in the draw!

And Airship Dragoon (Desura) will go to USEC_OFFICER, because of reasons!

That's right, Diary! I'm giving out these games, and no one can stop me! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2014, 01:52:26 am »

-
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 02:30:01 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2014, 02:37:57 am »

>:

Sappho. That is so-... :'(
You're turning into an evil giveaway overlord!
So touching...
Love the narrative, also grats to the new owners!

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2014, 02:52:38 am »

*cackles maniacally* ; )

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 13, 2014, 02:54:21 am »

thanks Sappho. and i checked out your youtube channel and it is looking pretty good.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2014, 06:04:02 am »

Huzzah, games!
Thank you, sappho.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 13, 2014, 07:46:51 am »

I'd like to stick in an application for Volt please :)

And Sappho has a youtube channel? Sweet! Anyone got a link?
Stumbled upon it in the LPs thread. You should stick it in your sig :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:37:03 am by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 13, 2014, 04:28:06 pm »

Aw yes. Many thanks, Sappho! And, uh, since I've already two games mind taking me off the giveaway list? Don't want to be too greedy... Oh, who am I kidding, I totally do.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 13, 2014, 11:05:06 pm »

Holy headfuck, that's a lot of games. PTW.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2014, 05:51:07 am »

List updated. Youtube channel is here, but there's very little on it right now. I'm not doing it for fame and fortune, just for shits and giggles. I take requests, and I'll update my signature soon to include both a link to the Youtube and a link to my Steam profile so you can see which games I have.

Today is a big day for giveaways, but I'm a little bit too exhausted to make it interesting today. Very little sleep last night, early morning appointment at the tax office. So I'm just gonna throw these out there. You can just imagine that I'm holed up in a bunker somewhere, hiding from the zombies, and sending these out via flashes of light in morse code, because damn it, the games must be given away! If we fail, the zombies win!

Bionic Dues goes to uber pye!

Telepath RPG: Servants of God (Desura) goes to notquitethere!

Guns of Icarus Online: Collectors Edition goes to Moogie!

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 goes to Iceblaster!

And Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe (Desura) goes to the ISLAND OF UNWANTED GAMES.

Thanks for playing, everyone! See you all tomorrow! If the zombies don't get me first...

EDIT: And USEC_OFFICER, if there's a specific game you'd like to take yourself off of, let me know, but don't feel guilty about winning a lot of games. There are a LOT of games to be given away. I'm leaving you on for now. : )
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 05:55:39 am by Sappho »

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2014, 08:52:51 am »

I won a thing! :D I had no expectations; Luck is my dump stat.

The key worked, currently downloading the game. Thank you, Sapphy! :)
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2014, 11:17:18 am »

We musn't let the nazis zombies win!

Also thanks for the game :3
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13