Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Sappho's Great Big Bundle Clear-Out Giveaway  (Read 26130 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Sappho's Great Big Bundle Clear-Out Giveaway
« Reply #150 on: July 22, 2014, 05:37:33 am »

Die, zombies! Die! Think you can destroy my home? Think again! Muahahahaha!

Sappho looks up from the Minecraft window, distracted by a stray thought.

Zombies... Zombie attacks... Hmmmm....

AH! The ZOMBIES!

We have a special mission today. Three more games are getting on the boat to the Island of Unwanted Games: Hunter's Trophy 2 - America, Sinister City (Desura), and Rush For Glory (Desura). But we have received intelligence that the zombies have organized an ambush at the docks.

Zombies... Organized... This does not bode well.

We must protect the games as they get onto the boat.

I have two special assignments for this mission. First of all, we'll need a Deep Eclipse (Desura) to distract whoever is behind this attack. Aenri, are you up for the job?

Then, after we kick all the zombie hindquarters and set them all on fire, we'll need a Loot Hero (Desura) to gather up the gold pieces, weapons, and feathers they'll surely drop. BlindKitty, this will be your job. Take it seriously!

Sappho polishes her diamond sword and dons her diamond armor, slipping a flint and steel in her back pocket. Let's go kick some undead posterior.

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 22, 2014, 12:38:00 pm »

As the darkness starts to flow over the land with eclipsed sun, the strange, yet oddly familiar shape shows up on the hill not far from docks. For a casual observer, it might look like a disfigured horse... But it reality, it is a jet-black panther, with two huge bags strapped to its back, and a saddle with a short, young women sitting in it. The panther has a blindfold over the eyes, yet its face seems intelligent, or at least sapient. Its rider holds a long stick with a little net on the end, and as ship closes up to the docks, she opens the bags.
They are ready to loot.

And very grateful for the game, Sappho!
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 22, 2014, 02:32:32 pm »

Could you please put me in the running for Borderzone, if it isn't already too late.  Thank you.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 23, 2014, 12:34:22 am »

Sappho, please withdraw me from Eador: Masters of the Broken World.  Let stabby and Giglamesh fight to the death for it!!!  TWO MEN ENTER, ONE MAN LEAVES!!!  /thunderdome  @_@

I will face the peril of the Island of Unwanted Games!  I am not afraid, gameskeeper, ask me your questions!  /cleese

Please add me for: Battle Group (Desura), Sinister City (Desura), and Rush for Glory (Desura).

Thanks!  :)
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2014, 05:06:36 am »

The zombies have amassed for a major offensive. The survivors have held them off long enough for the last refugees to get on the ship for the Island of Unwanted games, but they are starting to falter. The overwhelming numbers of the enemy, and their resistance to pain and death, have given them the upper hand.

There are still many hours until dawn. There is nowhere left to run, no place left to hide. Here is where we make our final stand.

Three survivors vie for leadership. In the end, it is the Unity of Command skill he obtained in the Stalingrad Campaign which pushes Stabbymcstabstab to the front.

"We will need strategy to defeat this enemy!" he cries, his voice carrying over the battle-scarred faces and flickering torches in the night air. "They have numbers. They have strength. But we have our BRAINS! And no matter how many of them they eat, they will never be able to match our intelligence!"

A ragged cheer rises from the crowd. Our brains. That is what they want. But these brains are ours.

"The seer Sappho has consulted the gods of Are En Gee, and they have spoken. Choppy must patrol the Borderzone. He will take with him the Cubetractor, our greatest defensive weapon.

"Meanwhile, Miauw62 must prepare the Antichamber, the secret weapon we have been developing underground since the Awards Show Disaster of a week or so ago, when the virus was released and this whole mess got started. The chamber must be ready when the zombies arrive!

"When tonight's battle is over, we will be like the fabled kings of Eador: Masters Of a Broken World! Especially you, GiglameshDespair, whom the gods of Are En Gee have chosen to lead the reconstruction efforts. It will be a difficult job, and it will involve dealing with a lot of nasty rotting corpses, maggots, and other such unpleasantness. But you've got the stones to do it! Whether you like it or not!

"But the fight is not over yet. Join together, hack and slash and burn! For the future! For the children! For the games!"

Prepare yourselves, survivors. Tomorrow will be the last day of final drawings. Starting the following day (Friday), I will draw ALL of the games from the Island of Unwanted Games which have been signed up for already. At that point, it will become first come, first served. Anyone who wants one of the Unwanted games may have it immediately, with the limitation that you may take no more than THREE games for yourself. On the other hand, you may take as many as you like for other people, and they need not be members of Bay12. All games must go, and all of them need loving homes!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 23, 2014, 11:39:01 am »

Thanks for doing this!
(I'm really terrible at thank-you notes :V)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2014, 01:19:25 am »

The battle was intense. Wave after wave of zombies came at the survivors, but in the end, intelligence prevailed. With ingenious weapons and traps laid in strategic locations, the few were able to drive back the many.

Over the clamor of gunshots, shouts, and falling corpses, one voice rang out clear: "We are Making History this night! This is truly the War of the World!" It was Tronak, who was setting fire to the nearest undead.

As the first rays of dawn broke over the horizon, the last of the zombies fell. Cheers of victory could be heard all around the globe. The menace had been defeated! And now it was time for the long and messy job of cleaning up the mess.

The T.E.C. 3001 robot, an invention of Stabbymcstabstab, was employed to collect and stack the corpses. It took nearly a day, but the bonfires lit up the sky. Even as night fell and the instinctive fear of the darkness arose in every survivor, these bright beacons of re-death brought them comfort and hope. The worst truly was over.

In the weeks that followed, the survivors tried to start anew. A new Out of the Park Baseball club, headed by TripJack, was one of the first signs of normalcy.

Around the corner, the first restaurant, Cook, Serve, Delicious!, was opened by Iceblaster.

Bit by bit, normalcy returned. It would be many years before the world would be the same again, but maybe that was for the best. The survivors hoped that humankind had finally learned not to engineer highly contagious deadly diseases for use as biological weapons, especially during game giveaways. At least for the foreseeable future, the scientists would have bigger fish to fry, anyway.

Meanwhile, mostly forgotten and hidden away in the windowless bunker that had become her new home, Sappho sat in front of her computer on a Thursday night, anxiously pressing the F5 button on her keyboard. In her arms she cradled a dirty, broken microphone.

Passers-by sometimes claimed to hear strange sounds coming from that bunker, like ghostly feedback. But people just rolled their eyes at them, patted them on the shoulder, and said, "Suuuure you did." It had been a difficult war, after all. A little ringing of the ears was nothing to worry about.

Tronak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2014, 04:56:23 am »

Well, seems I'm the largest ham here  :P.

THAAAAAAAANKS!!!!! Sappho.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 24, 2014, 10:02:04 am »

Thank you!

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 24, 2014, 12:09:20 pm »

Thanks!
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 24, 2014, 01:46:07 pm »

:)

Thanks for the game!

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #161 on: July 25, 2014, 03:50:06 am »

Ladies, gentlemen, and all survivors: the battle is not yet over. The world is being rebuilt, but there are still many homeless games. What's worse, the Island of Unwanted Games is being demolished to make way for a bypass. We must therefore find homes for ALL games as soon as possible, lest they get crushed and buried by bright yellow bulldozers.

The following games have been adopted already. Many thanks to the kind-hearted souls who took these games out of the cold and into their homes and hearts.

Joe Danger 2: The Movie: SpiredWarrior (as decided by the gods of Are En Gee)
Virus Jigglin' Fever (Desura): Gamedragon
6180 The Moon (Desura): Naxza
Battle Group (Desura): aristabulus
Sweezy Gunner: sjm9876
Sinister City (Desura): aristabulus
Rush for Glory: aristabulus

There are still many more games that need homes. Ask around. Ask your friends. Ask your enemies. Ask your parents. Ask your children. Ask your friends' children. They're young; they don't know any better.

Each day I will spotlight a few games, but you can ask for any games you wish. Remaining games are First Come, First Served at this point. They need not go to Bay12 members any longer. Anyone who wants them is welcome!

-=Today's Spotlights=-

Beatblasters III - Action, platforming, rhythm game. Reviews say it has a nice soundtrack, though the controls might be a bit tricky.

Luminosity (Desura) - Arcade game where you block off areas to trap space blobs of some sort. Looks like fairly simple fun. Has a decent rating on Desura.

Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe (Desura) - A shufflepuck tournament in space! Has good reviews and looks fun. I actually have this one already, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet, so I can't offer a personal opinion.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #162 on: July 25, 2014, 09:29:59 am »

Some people have tried to find the Fountain of Youth... Alas, they could only find the Fountain of Infinite Games while exploring the Twelfth Continent!

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 25, 2014, 11:40:08 am »

Thanks Sappho!  I promise the games will be fed and sheltered, cared for like my own flesh and blood.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

SpiredWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 25, 2014, 12:17:15 pm »

Thank you Sappho. And again, congrats to all the other winners.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13