Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Sappho's Great Big Bundle Clear-Out Giveaway  (Read 26429 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Sappho's Great Big Bundle Clear-Out Giveaway
« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2014, 02:19:38 pm »

She's holding back tears, folks. All this applause is clearly more than she expected.

Everyone, please start hunting for someone who wants that Joe Danger game. As we continue, I'm sure there will be other games on that island as well, and I don't want them to go homeless!

You guys are awesome. Games are awesome. Everything is awesome. And I apologize for that link.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2014, 08:32:11 pm »

A day late, but thank you Sappho! The mystery shall not go unsolved!
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

thobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2014, 09:08:56 pm »

Oh a prize! Thank you very much for the generosity.
Signature goes here.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2014, 02:19:00 am »

|She's up bright and early today, folks. She looks confident. She clearly went to bed at a more reasonable time last night. Let's hope she doesn't get cocky and overdo it.

Wussup GAMAAAAAHHHHHHHSSSS?!?!?!?

Is she... Is she flashing the metal sign? This doesn't look good, folks. The crowd is not really responding. There are a few people here and there reluctantly returning the sign, but they look a little embarrassed. Alright, she seems to have realized her mistake. She's clearing her throat. Let's see if she can save this event, for all our sakes.

Um, I mean, uhh... Good morning, everyone. Welcome to the giveaway.

And now she's bowing in the Japanese style. Still not quite on the mark, but it's being a lot better received than the last attempt. I think maybe she should move on and just hand out some free games. She's opening the envelope now. The big moment has come.

In the category Broken Sword: Director's Cut, the winner is... aenri!

Aenri is taking the stage. He's accepting the game. He looks pretty happy, folks. He reaches for the mic, ready to say a few words... And Sappho pulls it away! Wow! She is not giving up that microphone for anything. Alright, aenri is leaving. He seems satisfied enough with the game. Sappho has calmed down a little. She looks ready for the next one.

In the category Waking Mars, the winner is... BlindKitty!

I believe this is BlindKitty's second win in this competition. Still wearing that signature cat mask, we're actually not positive about this user's gender, but they're approaching the stage anyway. What's this? They've crouched down on the other side of the podium? They seem to think they are hidden. What are they doing? Is that... Are they trying to ambush Sappho? Ah, but she sees the end of the mask sticking out. She's confronting them. BlindKitty is spooked, folks! The ears are back, the hair is standing on end... The kitty is leaping! It's got the game! And BlindKitty is gone, folks! Long gone! I didn't realize a kitty could move so fast, ladies and gentlemen. That was impressive.

In the category Q.U.B.E., the winner is... choppy!

Choppy struts his way up to the stage. He's posing a bit before accepting the game. He's trying to get the crowd riled up, but they already seem a little jaded after Sappho's earlier attempt. Alright, he's got the game now. He's looking at the microphone, but Sappho's eyes are looking like BlindKitty's were a few moments ago. I don't think he's going to risk it.

In the category Ku: Shroud of the Morrigan, the winner is... notquitethere!

No big surprise there, as he was the only one who showed any interest in the game. Notquitethere slinks toward the podium. He looks pleased. He looks very pleased. He's smiling at Sappho. She's gripping that microphone tightly, just in case he gets any ideas. He's reaching out gently for the game. She passes it to him cautiously. He takes it slowly, so as not to startle her. They smile at each other. And this one seems to have passed without incident.

And finally, in the category Ultonius: A Tale of Petty Revenge, we have two copies to give away, and two entrants, which means that both Boksi and Il Palazzo each get copies! Get up here, guys!

They're running up to the stage! And music is starting to play! They each take their copy of the game. They're grinning madly. What's that, now? They're exchanging conspiratorial glances up there. What is going on? What's this? Sweet Armok, they're dancing! They've prepared some sort of choreographed dance, and they've integrated the games as props! This is fantastic! The crowd is going wild! They're loving it! Sappho is loving it, too! She looks excited, folks, she looks very excited. And she's-- Yes, she's joining in! Oh, but she's making a few wrong steps there. Ladies and gentlemen, I don't believe she was in on the dance preparations. Boksi and Il Palazzo are looking a little annoyed. But, wait a minute... Wait a minute! Is that Aenri, BlindKitty, and Choppy sneaking back up to the stage? They've got the microphone! They've got the microphone, everyone! Sappho hasn't noticed yet. She's noticed! The music is fading out! The winners have escaped with the microphone! Sappho is not happy, ladies and gentlemen, not happy at all. I think maybe we'd better cut this one short before someone gets hurt. Come back tomorrow, folks, for the next five winners, and hopefully some tranquilizers for our host!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2014, 02:53:30 am »

Oh goodness I got the references xD

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2014, 04:42:02 am »

Good news, everyone!

I've given in to my weakness once more and purchased the Pretentious bundle on Groupees. (It's actually got some nice games, and some excellent music as well.) As usual, there are a few games I either already have or don't want, so I have added the following three games to the list:

Borderzone
This one is the first game I've ever seen on Steam with 100% negative feedback. It looks just awful. Be sure to sign up! You can always give it to that relative you don't really like when Christmas time rolls around!

Making History II: The War of the World
This one looks like a good quality game for those of you who like this sort of war strategy thing. I don't want it! Someone take it!

T.E.C. 3001
I have this game already! It is fun. Run! Get stuff! Jump over things! Move fast! Who doesn't love these things? Virtual Reality!

Sign yourselves up, friends. Do it for justice.

Tronak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2014, 06:15:37 am »

Wow, I didn't knew Making History II: The War of the World existed. Now I want it. Sign me for it please  :P.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2014, 06:52:39 am »

Dead certainty is the best kind of luck. One thousand thanks.

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2014, 10:51:46 am »

When Sappho comes home after announcements, she finds somebody sitting in the kitchen. With a mask. And a microphone on his lap.

Just came to say thank you, without all those hungry gamers around.

He gets up and gives her the microphone back.

In case you will need it later.

She can't see it under the mask, yet somehow she knows that he smiles. And it is a pleasant smile, not the terrifying one.

You deserve a great many thanks for what you do here. And yet, I didn't come here without my own interest in mind, unfortunately. But since I see nobody willing to go get Hyper Gauntlet, I could get this one. It will find some love this way.

He waves and gets out through the window, and leaves her a very, very nice sandwich on the table, in case she is hungry after all that giving away.
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 10, 2014, 10:59:38 am »

Well, I'd never heard of T.E.C. 3001 before, So I'll put in for it.

Also, this has been great to read so far Sappho. Keep up the good work :D
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 10, 2014, 01:35:17 pm »

Making History II: The War of the World sounds pretty cool. Mind if I sign up for it too?

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #101 on: July 10, 2014, 01:43:36 pm »

Signups have been recorded. Microphone has been buried in the backyard. For safe keeping. *shifty eyes*

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2014, 03:00:06 pm »

Hooray, I have gaem!
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2014, 01:48:02 am »

BEGIN DAILY GIVEAWAY

Pleasant time of day to all, and welcome to the giveaway. We will be giving away five games today, and we pledge that we will not discriminate based on age, race, color, gender, sex, orientation, country of origin, first language, favorite color, taste in music, eye color, hair color, weight, or any other factor. Names will be drawn at random, using the tools provided at random.org, generally acknowledged to be a neutral, disinterested party.

The first game is: Virus Jigglin' Fever (Desura)
As of yet, no user has come forward to request this game. As such, it will be relocated to the Island for Temporarily Owner-Challenged Games, from which it will be redistributed as quickly as possible.

The second game is: Deity Quest (Desura)
The winner of this game is: Boksi
They may redeem the game as soon as they sign the affidavit declaring that as a player of Deity Quest, they do not intend any offense towards religious or non-religious groups of any kind, and that the game is being used purely for wholesome entertainment.

The third game is: Hyper Gauntlet (Desura)
The winner of this game is: BlindKitty
They may redeem the game as soon as they sign the affidavit declaring that as a player of Hyper Gauntlet, they understand that this Video Game contains fast-moving images and bright colors, and they do not hold either the developer of the game or the organizer of this giveaway responsible for any seizures or nervous breakdowns suffered as a result of playing.

The fourth game is: 6180 The Moon
As of yet, no user has come forward to request this game. As such, it will be relocated to the Island for Temporarily Owner-Challenged Games, which is not intended to reflect poorly on the game, and where it will be cared for in the most taxpayer-friendly manner available.

The fifth game is: Noir Syndrome
The winner of this game is: choppy
They may redeem the game as soon as they sign the affidavit declaring that they have no intention of using the game as a training mechanism for film-noir-style gangstery or any other illegal activities, and swearing not to shoot anyone in real life, even gangsters, cause those dudes would straight up kill them for that shit.

END DAILY GIVEAWAY

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2014, 02:03:57 am »

Um, could I enter for Virus Jigglin' Fever please?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13