Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Sappho's Great Big Bundle Clear-Out Giveaway  (Read 26134 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Sappho's Great Big Bundle Clear-Out Giveaway
« Reply #165 on: July 25, 2014, 02:11:42 pm »

Whoo! Cheers Sappho :D
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 25, 2014, 03:48:35 pm »

Thank you!

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #167 on: July 26, 2014, 06:27:59 am »

Your thanks are all well and good, but what about the rest of these poor games? They still need homes! The yellow bulldozers are waiting! Bypasses have got to be built, you know!

=-Today's Spotlight Games=-

The Body Changer (Desura) - Swap bodies! 3d Adventure! Polished, unique stylized graphics! Puzzles and Action! Good ratings and reviews on Desura!

Bad Bots - Fast-Paced Indie Retro Action Platformer! Mow down waves of evil robots! Lots of explosions! Save the world!

Rush Bros - It's a "Music Reactive Platform Racing Game." Multiplayer! Competition! Steam Trading Cards, Achievements, and Controller Support! Bright colors! (Note: This is one of the games I'm not 100% sure if I already used the key or not. Still, worth a shot!)

Come on, people. I can't lie down in front of this bulldozer forever.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 26, 2014, 08:14:16 am »

Well if no one else wants it, I'll put in for Slip. That's my good deed for the year :P
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 26, 2014, 10:02:33 am »

Huh. The Body Changer seems really interesting. Mind if I grab it? Gunmetal was a hilarious disappointment by the way. It was so short I finished it in less than two hours.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #170 on: July 27, 2014, 02:45:38 am »

USEC_OFFICER and sjm9876, your generosity will not be forgotten. Slip and The Body Changer will go home with you today, loyal to the last in gratitude for your rescue from bulldozery death.

There are still a lot more games to go, friends. I've updated the games list in the second post with links to every game. Please make your choices soon. I've been lying in front of this bulldozer for days and I REALLY need to use the bathroom.

-=Today's Game Spotlight=-

Alien Zombie Megadeath - With a name like that, how could you say no? It's a platform shoot-em-up with lots of alien zombies and explosions. What more could you ask for?

Discovery! A Seek and Find Adventure - Have you ever wanted to play a hidden object game show? YOUR DAY HAS COME! Statistically, women are more likely to play hidden object games than men. Gentlemen: Add this one to your library to impress the ladies, or gift it to a female friend you wish you impress. Or just play it, smashing stereotypes like the manly man you are.

Paranormal State: Poison Spring - It's a hidden object / logic puzzle game based on a fake reality TV series. Guys. It's too terrible NOT to play. Get Fraps running and record your romp through this game and you'll become a YouTube star in no time!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 27, 2014, 04:11:27 am »

Sappho
Discovery! A Seek and Find Adventure - Have you ever wanted to play a hidden object game show? YOUR DAY HAS COME! Statistically, women are more likely to play hidden object games than men. Gentlemen: Add this one to your library to impress the ladies, or gift it to a female friend you wish you impress. Or just play it, smashing stereotypes like the manly man you are.
The hidden object game takes what is the worst aspect of point and click games, hunting the pixel, and makes it the game's primary mechanic. It's like making a text adventure based around trying to guess the verb, or a AAA game based around long loading screens.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #172 on: July 28, 2014, 04:55:44 am »

Sappho
The hidden object game takes what is the worst aspect of point and click games, hunting the pixel, and makes it the game's primary mechanic. It's like making a text adventure based around trying to guess the verb, or a AAA game based around long loading screens.

So... Are you volunteering to adopt it then? : )

I might have to make a hall of shame at the end of this. Games so terrible that I literally could not give them away!

Pretty much all of the games have been featured at some point, now. It's up to you guys to help me find homes for them. Is there any way to search Steam profiles to find someone with the game on their wishlist? Or can anyone think of another place on the internet where people might want some free games (and aren't picky about whether they're really good games or not)?

This is what we have left!

Beatblasters III
Luminosity (Desura)
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe (Desura)
Bad Bots
Rush Bros (?)
Alien Zombie Megadeath
Discovery! A Seek and Find Adventure
Paranormal State: Poison Spring
DIVO
Evy: Magic Spheres (Desura)
The Race For the White House (Desura)
Zack Zero
Subject 9
8BitBoy
Hunter's Trophy 2 - America (Desura)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #173 on: July 29, 2014, 01:05:27 am »

Naxza, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother's condition. Naturally, I cannot think of a better home for 8BitBoy. A loving home for a game in need is really what we strive for here.

In fact, if you see any other platformers on the list he might like, he can have those as well. The community seems to be running out of steam, and there are still many homeless games that need love. You can keep them somewhere until he finishes one game, then present him with another. You will be the greatest brother there ever was.

Until you run out of games, after he has grown accustomed to receiving them from you regularly. At which point you will instantly become the worst brother of all time, your good deeds all forgotten. This is a price you will have to pay.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 30, 2014, 12:21:21 am »

If you would like to find a good home for two games currently orphaned to my possession, Crusader Kings 2, and Spec Ops: The Line, I would not be adverse to either gifting them to you or simply handing them out myself, given sufficient interest. They've been sitting in my Inventory for a while now, and none of my friends seem to be interested.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 30, 2014, 12:41:18 am »

In the case I will apply for that Crusader Kings 2 of yours. :P

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 30, 2014, 02:21:25 am »

Hmm.

Crusader kings 2 sounds nice, though I must ask:

Which DLCs do you have with it or is it the base game? Regardless, I am in.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #177 on: July 30, 2014, 04:02:20 am »

To be honest, I'd rather not have to manage any more games. I'm really trying to get rid of the ones I have left so I can move on. : ) If you want to advertise for a game you have to give away, that's totally fine, but I'd ask you to manage the giveaway yourself. I'm in crunch time for some writing projects I have going for work, so I don't want to spend too much time on this now.

There are other giveaway threads, though, and of course you can always start your own! : )

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 30, 2014, 04:20:04 am »

Oh alright. I'll take Paranormal State. I looked at the description and it looks like it has a story and other puzzles and things so maybe I should play the game before making sweeping judgements.

I completed the Telepath RPG, it turned out it was just a sort of long prelude and you had to pay to get the full game. What I did play of it was quite fun.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 30, 2014, 04:43:32 am »

To be honest, I'd rather not have to manage any more games. I'm really trying to get rid of the ones I have left so I can move on. : ) If you want to advertise for a game you have to give away, that's totally fine, but I'd ask you to manage the giveaway yourself. I'm in crunch time for some writing projects I have going for work, so I don't want to spend too much time on this now.

There are other giveaway threads, though, and of course you can always start your own! : )

Alrighty then, I'll make my own. Shouldn't be too hard to manage, figure I can use random.org's random number generator and assign each person a number, rather than paying for the "lottery" service.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13