Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 70

Author Topic: Explorers of the Angaeron, Chapter Two IC Thread: I Suck At Updating  (Read 46516 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

OOC Thread.
Spoiler: OP (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 12:39:53 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile

"So..." Sacha said as she stared off into the sea taking a small amount of pleasure from simply watching the waves as the wind caused her hair to sway "The old man's dead... You know, I had kind of figured it would have happened a bit differently than it did." Sacha cast a glance at Darwyn.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 11:48:59 am by Nerjin »
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

"There be no place for regrets in a life well-lived, Sacha." Beolas gave Darwyn a hearty slap on the back, "He was a good man, aye?"

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"There be no place for regrets in a life well-lived, Sacha."

"There are always regrets Beolas. Usually by the living. I'm sure Treehugger here will say it's just the cycle of life, but I'm sure that he, deep down, wanted to spend some more time with the old man. Especially since a few more hours may have gotten him some gold pieces instead of a job."

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

(PTW, don't mind me.)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Darwyn, who had been staring out at the ocean, jumped slightly at the slap on the back and quickly focused on what was being said.
"Cycle of life, indeed." He spoke, as he usually did, in a faintly-distracted tone of voice. "How did he die, anyway? I had been fishing with Marina when I heard the news."

Marina, of course, was the porpoise that hung around the two islands, usually within sight of Darwyn's shack.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"How did he die, anyway?[/color]

"I never saw the body but I heard he was skewered after catching a swordfish. Sort've ironic from the island's best angler." Sacha said before giving a small snort "Honestly I'm sorta surprised it didn't happen sooner considering he always went fishing alone. Although..." Sacha was quiet for a few moments "Why didn't they try to bring the old man to you before he died I wonder? You have a spell that handles that sort of thing yes?"
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 09:42:42 am by Nerjin »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Darwyn stroked his beard for a few moments, thinking at Sacha's question. Finally, he responded.
"Healing magic could have cured his wounds, yes, if he were brought to me in time. But getting impaled is no small injury even for a young fit man, and he was quite old. It is possible that death was almost instantaneous." He shook his head sadly. "I cannot perform miracles."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((That would be some hell of a swordfish.

I will keep his method of death secret until the time has come.))
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sacha was quiet for a moment or two before she ventured to continue "Still, he's left us this nifty boat. We can get off this island and accomplish his life's dream right? The whole ocean can be ours! Think of the possibilities! I love it here, but we can finally get out of this backwater and see something new!" Sacha seemed to calm herself after a few seconds "Um... You know. For his memory?"

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

Oleg, who was staring at the ocean in contemplation while the others were conversing, lifts his head at this.

Aye. Wit' all respect for your loss, Darwyn, I doubt he would have left us the boat if he didn't want us ta get usin' it. 'Sides, this could be very...be-ne-fi-ci-al ta us, t' see the world more, I mean.

He frowns, struggling with a particular thought.

A boat be...is meant fer sailin' the seas, and maybe so are we. A chance to see, now.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I'll go where you guys go. I'm tired of the same island all the time. If you guys left I wouldn't really have a point for staying anyways." Sacha says with a shrug as she turns her attention back to the sea.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Darwyn frowned.
"Does anyone actually know how to use a boat like this?"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Darwyn frowned.
"Does anyone actually know how to use a boat like this?"

"I can. Well... Maybe. I was training to be an angler for quite a while. I don't know if the aspects of a fishing vessel apply to this thing but... It's a start right?"

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Suddenly, everybody is blown into the ocean by a powerful gust of wind and drowns as the sleeping characters are bitten by incurably poisonous snakes. The end.

((Sounds like a Knowledge check to me!))

Well, let's start with Oleg and his training in Geography. ...Natural one.
Untrained checks now.
Darwyn... 6 + 2 = 8. Nothing.
Sacha... 9 + 1 = 10.
Beolas, 15-2 = 13.

Beolas and Sacha both recall some simple ability with sailing, as they had learned from a sailor who visited the island about ten years ago. (Both of you now have a +1 misc modifier for "knowledge: the ocean"-- in fact, everybody add that to your skill lists.)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 01:04:00 pm by Tawarochir »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 70