Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Xenonauts: Get the community edtion! v.24 out! Download Andron it now!  (Read 23050 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Xenonauts: Ceasaned to Perfection
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2014, 10:36:38 am »

Frikkin Andron Terror Missions. What the hell am I supposed to DO here, damn it? T_T

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2014, 10:52:36 am »

Frikkin Andron Terror Missions. What the hell am I supposed to DO here, damn it? T_T
Rockets tend to work, but I don't get much from the resulting destruction and i probably lose a guy or some anyway. :-\
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2014, 12:01:13 pm »

For the terror missions I think the idea is having alot of LMG upgrades waiting for them, along with waiting for them to come to you.

And greatorder, remember that armor lowers vision range in all but the buzzards case.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2014, 03:30:40 pm »

For the terror missions I think the idea is having alot of LMG upgrades waiting for them, along with waiting for them to come to you.

And greatorder, remember that armor lowers vision range in all but the buzzards case.
Not necessarily LMGs; but waiting for them, yes.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2014, 03:39:25 pm »

And with luck you will have civvies next to your ship to keep themselves alive.
Highly Opinionated Fool

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2014, 03:42:25 pm »

I might be wrong... but I noticed that civilians tend to walk to your dropship and hide there. at least the ones close enough.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2014, 03:46:10 pm »

Are vehicles worth it? My game I've just started bringing out lasers, and I'm wondering whether it's worth trying out a laser IFV.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2014, 03:54:37 pm »

Once you get the laser cannon the vehicles start shining, since they can take several of the tougher early midgame enemies out in one hit. Before that though, I'm not sure, I suppose the rocket launcher is useful too, but you dont really want to blow a lot of enemies up early on because you want their equipment for research.

Idk if I'm cripling myself by only leveling 6 xenonauts tho, that strat worked sort of fine in xcom, so I assume it should be ok for now. I really need to make more foxtrots tho. It seems a squadron of two condors + one foxtrot can take out most things.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2014, 04:25:01 pm »

Haveing extra trained troops is still a good idea.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2014, 07:35:57 pm »

I find I tend to cycle troops anyway due to injuries.

Also:  I love vehicles!  They are awesome.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2014, 08:08:10 pm »

I like Fire in the Hole a lot. It didn't quite make sense that a tiny alien ship could take a missile, scream out of the sky, and crash in the middle of a city without suffering *some* hull damage. My shotgunners are enjoying the more claustrophobic interiors, too, especially on some of the more open maps with less buildings and tight alleyways.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2014, 08:29:25 pm »

In the "Iceland Incident" (the game's backstory as told by the in-game encyclopedia) they talk about how humanity hit the first UFO they encountered using 6 nuclear ICBMs.  It crash landed intact into Iceland.

Not sure a few smaller conventional missiles and the ground would be enough to tear a significant hole in a UFO :P
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 11:07:14 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2014, 04:45:04 am »

So, I'm still very early in the game, but I'm loving it to bits. I've just learned how incredible machineguns are, both infantry and vehicular. They absolutely annihilate everything, and the hunter armoured car is amazing for scouting/no-risk assault. I don't know how many times I've killed the flying drones with that thing.

I also learned that androns are (apparently) unaffected by stun batons and stun gas. Three hits with the baton and a stun grenade and the sucker still shot my shield guy, at which point I focused all fire on him and ended up obliterating all the terrain in his immediate vicinity.

I also discovered that rocket launchers come loaded with a HE missile, which is a pleasant surprise because that means my guys carry an explosive shell and a stun shell at the same time.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2014, 04:48:33 am »

Androns can't be stunned. They don't even have a Xenopedia article for a captured Andron, so even if the game glitched and gave you a live Andron, you'd get nothing out of it.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2014, 04:49:33 am »

Yeah, Androns are impossible to stop beyond riddling them with [INSERT WEAPON CLASS PROJECTILE HERE]. At least I could never beat them with a stun baton enough to KO them, which makes sense for robots. I don't think they can be suppressed, either, which makes fighting them that much more fun.

edit: ninja creepin' 'round here.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8