Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43

Author Topic: Chronicles Of Aprilia: The Apocalyptic Era (D&D 3.5 Maptool) - Now recruiting  (Read 43830 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Chronicles Of Aprilia: The Apocalyptic Era (D&D 3.5 Maptool)
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 06:57:50 pm »

EDIT: Wait, did you just make the elves a Species of Hats with being pansexual?

No, omnisexual, as in "anything that moves, or doesn't". At one point the elven race was down to about thirty individuals, and since elves CAN breed with anything, they DID breed with anything. At this point, the only reason the elves don't have a high population is that they keep picking fights.

Also, I never viewed Aprilia as a particularly "immoral" nation, more as one where the morals are grounded in completely different places. The "legal murder" applies only to people capable of defending themselves, and isn't that different from the dueling codes of yesteryear, although less formal. Their tolerance for cannibalism, like their sexual mores, comes from their longstanding association with and influence from the elves, most of whom settled in Kri'Stak over the first dozen centuries or so of the Empire. Cinnabar is the one that I deliberately cast as somewhat immoral.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014, 07:08:11 pm »

My only issue with it is that it seems like you're saying that every elf is like that without err. If you simply meant the vast majority, then okay.

This may partially be because I'm probably going to be a Gray Elf. Though I don't know if having a Bard and a Beguiler in the same party is overly redundant or anything.

If not a Beguiler, then probably either a Scout of some sort. Hmmm. Difficult to decide, since I don't like playing the 'true' primary spellcasters much, and there's no Tome of Battle.

Is homebrew allowed if we present it to you and let you make changes to it as desired?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2014, 08:22:27 pm »

I'va already approved one homebrew class on Gitp, so feel free to bring it up.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2014, 08:35:32 pm »

It's not done yet, and I noticed issues with it, but basically everything is more or less set for it. Already have most of it written up, too. Just needs looked over, suggestions made, things changed to your like, and of course to have everything finished up and smoothed out.

Spoiler: Manavoid Templar (click to show/hide)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2014, 08:54:00 pm »

That seems like a serious mix of being underpowered and overpowered. Most of the abilities are pretty bad overall, while the capstone is ludicrously good, even if you get it a bit late.Has there been any playtesting done on it? I think I understand the concept, but as written I don't see it being functional even if you completed the missing sections.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2014, 09:11:37 pm »

Aye, which is why changes need to be made to it. To make him more about tanking the magic and negating stuff than being unable to use magic items or have them used against him.

The antimagic field, even just a 10-foot one, is overpowered then? I mean, he'd be fucked by a Stormtrooper or Lockdown build, most times, as far as I can tell.

Also; thus the balancing notes. No playtesting has been done so far, as I haven't gotten to play enough.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2014, 08:52:44 pm »

I'm in, gonna read up more in a sec. I'm posting from a public library; I won't have internet to do a whole lot until the 8th. If there's a session before then, I can try to make it work.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2014, 09:11:08 pm »

I think the first is actually going to be on the 8th, so you should be fine.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2014, 01:31:18 am »

Wow, I never really got to play in a campaign of yours Shonus, but I've heard only good things, so I'll try to come up with a char. maybe a bog-standard sword-and-shield knight? There were a couple shield feats I wanted to try out...

edit: I'm assuming standard equipment of weapon and armor? Also, exactly how detailed of a background do you want?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 01:44:33 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2014, 02:28:16 am »

I, umm, am not sure if I would still be able to connect and stuff. I am sort of vaguely thinking of a kobold sorcerer, probably either focusing upon rays or necrotic cysts. But I am not doing so well right now so I might take a while to get involved, if at all, so I regret that I will be very noncommittal at this juncture. Kobolds do not seem to have a strong presence in nondraconic society. It may be fun to have a bit of a superiority complex about draconic culture while also desperately trying to disguise myself to seem as nonmagical and humanoid as possible. Perhaps pursuing some sort of grudge against goblins that they were unable to satisfy in their homeland...

Sheet:http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=745843
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 09:00:48 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2014, 02:37:21 am »

Ok, very,very preliminary, but here's Denzel. I have a basic backstory in my head(father is a soldier who taught him a hammer-and-shield-based fighting art, now he want's to fight too), just need to fill out the details, descriptions, and maybe mod my equip based on what we are allowed to have starting out(I don't remember the starting packages off the top of my head, so I just went with anything 100g or less)
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2014, 03:34:32 pm »

Fighters get 6d4 starting gold. I can roll this for you, or you can use the average result of 150. Your current equipment has a value of only 115.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2014, 03:52:23 pm »

Just to clarify, for anyone who is as easily confused as myself, that is 6d4x10
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2014, 04:39:55 pm »

Yeah, found the values. I'll take the average, since that's more than enough for what I need(I can get a steel shield instead of a wooden shield)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2014, 04:44:20 pm »

From the looks of your build, spikes might not be a bad idea.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43