Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.  (Read 16756 times)

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.
« Reply #210 on: August 20, 2014, 03:02:53 pm »

At this point one is enough. I will probably want to look at making another one sooner or later so that I can make a peon collect clay for me but I think I would like to wait until magma is reached. Also as a miner it really shouldn't be a problem for me to get some type of rock or ore for the construction.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 21, 2014, 05:39:00 am »

sorry for my lack of attention to this, real life is calling, hopefully i'll have another update within 2 days
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 21, 2014, 08:33:35 am »

okay thank you for updating us neblime
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 21, 2014, 06:29:52 pm »

sorry for my lack of attention to this, real life is calling, hopefully i'll have another update within 2 days
Is no problem, actually was having trouble keeping up at the previous pace.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 25, 2014, 06:08:29 pm »

sorry for the delay!  update later today!
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 25, 2014, 06:13:34 pm »

Ooh, are the children adoptable? I don't think I have any.
yep, adoption rules aren't really established for the newish rules, but i'm happy to say it just works like hiring an NPC, i.e. you pay 1 influence someone can pay 2 influence to get him off you etc, until he comes of age at which point he becomes family of whoever "owned" him at the time (also I suppose if an adopting parent dies the child can become his PC)
Could you upload the save so I can plan my rooms out?  I think it will be easier this way.
will do after this update
cain, you don't have to pay again for your npcs, your influence is bound into the permanently, but if someone pays more influence than you have for 1 particular NPC they have the highest "bid" so to speak on that npc, so to get them back you need to pay more than the other person (but as per that you have to pay 4 influence in the first place to get him off sal)

Also you can't make bronze, we have no tin
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 06:52:23 pm by neblime »

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 25, 2014, 08:37:58 pm »

Diary of Neblime Zangethad, 1 Granite
despite the tireless efforts of our miners to provide more bedrooms, our dining room is getting particularly crowded, especially with all these children that seem drawn to our settlement
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
all of us would be grateful if someone could also provide a new and improved dining room, preferably underground.
In mid opal, I heard strange sounds coming from the room kalkor has mined out for himself
followed by furious demands for silk cloth.  A tunnel to the caverns was built and some cave spider webs collected.  The result, i feel, was worth the risk
Spoiler: worth 104,400 (click to show/hide)
the jeweler who constructed it pledged its ownership to Kalkor.
We summarily walled up the caverns, and I am glad we did! soon afterwards a great beast was spotted from the upper stairs
it appears it has no way to reach the surface or other parts of the settlement, but it remains in the cavern.
a few goblin snatchers reappeared, but were chased away by our two brave marksdwarves, elorf kindly designed a kiln for rigor, and cain's right hand man started practicing his swordplay.  to what purpose I wonder?
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 26, 2014, 01:19:02 am »

The design for the memorial hall was intended to be for when I played on my own and was meant to be expandable across an entire layer so the central area was intended to be the central staircase. In this case I don't think that will work so respecting the pattern/distance between pillars it can just be mined out.

Things I still want to work on

Discover magma.
Smooth halls.
Keep grunts a chopping and burning but also take into consideration tree reserves. Try to ensure there will be logs should they be needed. Either leave the trees alone and have the wood cutter gather clay or chop and store.
Anything else I have started and not finished.
Do any mining work you deem necessary to ensure a stable fort. ie,any work necessary to prevent bad thoughts.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 26, 2014, 06:44:14 pm »

End of 101 meeting
I will of course continue peasant work, but in the meantime we must elect a new overseer.
I woud like to nominate myself, for the same reasons as last year.  Many more migrants may come and we need to focus on communal efforts for the meantime.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 26, 2014, 07:15:45 pm »

My my, a year already, voting Neblime, why fix what isn't broken. Actions remain the same, I probaly have a fair amount I am yet to finish.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 26, 2014, 10:25:49 pm »

I will continue to aid the fortress!

I just gained 2 influence for doing nothing 0.0  Yay for artifacts!

P.S. are we past the aquifer yet?  Don't upload and I will just build elsewhere
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 10:27:34 pm by RabidAnubis »
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 26, 2014, 10:28:07 pm »

oh SORRY i forgot about the save anubis.  yes we are past the aquifer, since spring of 101, the problem was just i decided to put your throne room too high up, so it intersected with parts of the aquifer deeper than where i had penetrated.  There's plenty of space deeper, I just assumed you wanted as close to the entrance as possible for accessibility (let me know if this is not so ) .  I will upload the save in a few hours (can't do it now as i'm not at home)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 27, 2014, 03:48:42 am »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9533
here is the save anubis, and anyone else concerned

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 27, 2014, 10:42:21 am »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9535

Updated the file with my new palace to save you grief.  Here is a screenshot as well in case you have already countinued.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 29, 2014, 12:17:29 am »

not that I have any problem with being overseer again but I would like the votes of more than just cain before I continue!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17