Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.  (Read 16759 times)

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2014, 05:33:44 pm »

Using dump zones seems like the only way to get specific items into a specific stockpile. I imagine it would be possible to set them up and activate/deactivate the zone as needed but the former idea is likely much simpler to implement.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2014, 09:50:50 pm »

using dumps would work fine, but the overseer is probably going to have to keep track out of game somewhat, but I don't see why it wouldn't work
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2014, 07:05:04 am »

Hey guys. Once again I am forced to abstain from gaming for some time. Please go ahead and start without me( if you didn't yet. Can't read history atm.). I will catxh up in the future. If you want me to post smth. In the OP - drop me a pm. I'll try to be around once a week briefly.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2014, 06:02:18 pm »

Sorry for my absence (if anyone noticed or cares) my internet is intermittent at the moment.
I suppose I should take responsibility for this in tele's absence if no one objects.  At this point i'm considering just starting and fixing things as we need to as we go, because getting this started is dragging out.
I will probably do so tomorrow.  Any final concerns from anyone?
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2014, 04:21:43 pm »

Sure, I have no final concerns. Best we get started before something comes up and removes more of us.
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2014, 07:09:54 pm »

indeed.  have to postpone this one more day regrettably, but that's it I swear!

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2014, 08:30:43 pm »

Lol, sure it will, it is always "one more day".

Edit: Though take whatever time you need, no rush I guess.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2014, 10:03:10 pm »

I suppose I should take this opportunity to ask PCs what they would like to do with the opening season.  Anyone who doesn't choose to do anything will contribute to general fort wellbeing/management activites (basically just keeping the food and drink up), if you want you can wait to decide until we have the site and inspect it a bit (i'll leave it unpaused when i first embark just to scope out whats up)
of course only the first seven who signed up can arrive in the first wave (sorry) but kalkor gemstrike will presumably arrive without too much delay, so you can decide ahead of time what you want to do anubis.
Cain: undecided
Teledwarf: undecided
Neblime: undecided
Elorf: unedecided
Zargoth: Run after animals
Keroe: help with basic tasks
Rigor Gazcubor/sal: undecided
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 09:11:35 pm by neblime »

Hahayeah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2014, 02:49:48 am »

Well, If it could be accomplished, Could my char be put in a squad and sent to kill any kind of animals? We don't have a hunter right? Besides, It would be excellent axedwarf practice for him. Also I wont be on for a while until this late saturday so you can decide things for me until I come back.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2014, 04:18:34 pm »

I suppose, given my skills, I'll help with construction and food as needed. But yeah, surveying the area and picking an embark would be best.

I forget, is there a channel for the introduction of traditions, or do we wait for the first parliamentary meeting?
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2014, 07:04:11 pm »

I was thinking we could do that at the end of each season to avoid people changing their traditions at any time, resulting in quite a bit of difficulty for me to keep track of influence.  When the first season ends we can all add our traditions and vote on others and so on.
Genning the world now! will post our embark up soon
edit - apologies in advance to some of you who i cant get all the skills for, as you may or may not know you can only level up a skill 10 times on each dwarf at embark, so some skills will be 1 or 2 levels below what you requested
also, it seems you can't see what gods people worship on the embark screen either, but that works better for our purposes anyway
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 08:15:45 pm by neblime »

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2014, 08:50:54 pm »

There they were, seven dwarves.  All from disparate backgrounds, with different skills and aspirations.  Some identified themselves as members of the local dwarven kingdom, the Girder of Dents.  Some had belonged to another, almost forgotten kingdom, and another, surely forgotten fortress. nonetheless they all stood together now, ready to start a new chapter of dwarven history, at this place, "Stilltools".  Strike the earth!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Teledwarf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elorf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zargoth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Keroe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rigor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cain (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Neblime (click to show/hide)
A screenshot of the whole embark (those hills only go up 2 z levels each)
There is plentiful clay and sand in both those hills, many trees and surface plants and a couple of deer hanging around.  We do have an aquifer (and very deep soil so probably multi layer) but I plan to get through that with dwarves who aren't doing anything better asap.
The starting area of the group (i thought this was a proper river  ::) ):
so, does anyone else know what they want to do? I'll probably start playing later today/tomorrow
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 08:57:13 pm by neblime »

kero42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2014, 05:06:46 am »

Well that's a nice little spot. I suppose our first decision should be to designate where we would like to live. We have two hills to choose from if we want to live in a ground level cave, and a huge selection of land. If we are going aboveground, then I sort of favour either the middle of the "V-bend" or somewhere in the expanse south-west of it.

In other news, I'll be going back to my character screen to amend the new gender of Keroe (who incidentally wishes she had brought another goat in efforts to consecrate the site in the name of the primordial god of blood).

Edit: When you have a spare moment, could you check the relationship screens to see what god's exist in our civ? It doesn't matter IC who worships who, but it seems a good time to check. Or you could post the save so I can look at these things myself.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 05:12:30 am by kero42 »

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2014, 07:30:55 am »

sorry about the genders, on the embark screen you just get what you're given and can't choose >.<
as for accomodation I was thinking of just getting a communal wooden peasant dormitory dining room and meeting hall up for now

Ye Gods!
I don't see why you want to know who worships who as, like you say, that's all decided IC anyway so as far as im concerned no one worships anyone at this point (choose if you like)
but here it is
Teledwarf: Mothdast and Domas Limarsazir
Cain: Id Thabostvush and Ostar Rashkadol
Keroe: Olom
Rigor: Lurit Kilrudrisen and Akim Izeg Lorsith
Zargoth: Domas Limarsazir and Lurit Kilrudrisen
Neblime: Mothdast and Lurit Kilrudrisen

kero42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2014, 08:43:14 am »

Oh, I don't mind the genders. And I just wanted to see what one's existed in universe, and accessing the character relations is the quickest way.

Anyway, thanks. Suicide and Jewels, and a Cave Fish God? Neat.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 08:46:13 am by kero42 »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17