Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Suggestions for AoE Buffs of human stages  (Read 1148 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Suggestions for AoE Buffs of human stages
« on: July 01, 2014, 02:37:24 pm »

Title says it all, I'm looking for ideas what to give the stages. The setup is as follows:

Idea: Stage (empty).         manage a show => become show manager giving AoE effects.
 - Warlock   magic show      
 - Succubus   burlesque show      
 - Kobold   comedian      
 - Orc      show fight      
 - Drow      shadow play      
 - Goblin   troupe         
 - Human   bard         
 - Elf      singer         
 - Dwarf   storyteller      
 - Gnome   tech exhibition      

But what kind of buffs to give humans that walk by? I want it to work like the dwarven music/tavern. One worker stays on stage, buffing everyone who is in line-of-sight with some special effects. The orc show fight could add likes_fighting or nofear, while the human bard/band could raise speed a bit (people move faster when they listen to fast music), and the burlesque show could give good thoughts / remove bad ones.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for AoE Buffs of human stages
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 02:52:19 pm »

Idea: Stage (empty).      
 - Warlock     magic show         no sleep no breathe     (slightly mind altering effect for the masses)
 - Succubus  burlesque show    vomit + no eat / drink  (what.. my eyes! they cant unsee!)
 - Kobold     comedian        removes bad thoughts  (aww poor thing)
 - Orc     show fight        likes fighting / enrage   (fk yea kick him in the jimmy!)
 - Drow     shadow play        sleep + bad thoughts + ??? (why... why am i watching elves?)
 - Goblin     troupe        gives Bad thoughts + move faster (not as long as elf, insert not as bad as elf person/band here)
 - Human     bard           moves faster (minor duration, its a good beat yeah?)
 - Elf        singer        vomit + move faster (for longest, insert favorite band / person joke here)   
 - Dwarf     storyteller        sleep + adds good thoughts (lots of stories!)
 - Gnome     tech exhibition     Good thoughts (who doesnt get hopefull at the future)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 04:41:29 am »

It will be a cultural influence to your humans. They can get a signature feature from the race for a while.

First all, all of those should remove minor bad thoughts. If they are partying, major thoughts can also be removed (PARTIED_OUT counter). That would make sense to support parties with a stage show.

- Warlock : undeads are put down on sight
- Succubus : one of the race's minor interaction
- Kobold : You cannot add trapavoid, so a stun immunity maybe.
- Orc : Prone to rage, likes fighting, strength boost
- Drow : (I don't know where drows really shine)
- Goblin : No sleep + no drink (or something else? goblins are not very developed)
- Human : all kinds of mental boosts
- Elf : agility boost
- Dwarf : Alcohol dependence + trances
- Gnome : A skill roll boost (they are trying to tinker at work)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 04:47:17 am »

I cant do prone to rage or alcohol dependence. These dont work with CE_ADD_TAG if I remember correctly.

The drow are good with spiders, silk, and good melee fighters with knives/swords, and poisoners. and they live underground, so maybe immunity to the human anti-cave-adaption.

The warlock one would be hard to do, because no worker would run the reaction if corpses are on sight. ;)

How would you go and add good thoughts? I certainly need dfhack for that, so the worker on stage gets an interaction that gives everyone in sight an interaction that is self-targetted which triggers SyndromeTrigger, running a script that adds good thoughts. Just need the script. ^^ Or something fancier with FOV command.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 05:18:16 am »

Adding thoughts would require a script a FOV script. It would generate the thought and insert it into the target's list and with luck, df would not crash.

I cannot think of something good for warlocks. Their feature are quite specific and seeing a magic show does not grant you the right to throw slade boulders. Perhaps you can add a short term NOEMOTION.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 05:26:08 am »

On the other hand, it could just animate all dead around it. Something like old habits die hard...