Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2189 2190 [2191]

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2763605 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #32850 on: March 21, 2024, 11:08:22 pm »

I've been watching Baki, and its just so stupid and nonsensical, the entire plot simply doesn't make sense. But that makes it a fun unique series, it certainly has more character then generic isekai anime 500.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32851 on: March 22, 2024, 03:32:48 am »

Dungeon Meshi episode 12 was amazingly entertaining.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Travis Bickle

• Bay Watcher
  • *paranoia intensifies*
    • View Profile
« Reply #32852 on: March 23, 2024, 12:36:59 am »

I should really get back into anime and watch the shows from the 2000s that I still haven't seen. Styles and tastes seem to have changed enough that shows after the first few years of the '10s don't really do anything for me; they just don't scratch the same itch. I think Houseki no Kuni may have been the most recent show I've seen that I can honestly say was worth my time.
Cum his qui oderunt pacem eram pacificus.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32853 on: Today at 04:47:35 am »

I never watched Baki, but I do like these youtube videos by MARIMOMO MORIMO that pay homage to Baki:
 My Dad Is My Hero! (Animation)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsSXgbtLFK4

I have read manga by Paru Itagaki, the daughter of the author of Baki. It was such a fun journey to read Beastars.
Hopefully I get around to reading more of her work. I think I'm in the middle of reading unofficial English translations of Beast Complex volume 2, probably the 1st volume of Sanda, and somewhere in the middle of Bota Bota. I sometimes stop reading a series for a year or more before working my way back through them.

A 2000s anime I really liked was Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor. I haven't heard anything about a season 3 for Kaiji, so it looks like I have read the manga to find what happens next in the story.
Max avatar size is 80x80
Pages: 1 ... 2189 2190 [2191]