Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1543150 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 10101 bits and counting
« Reply #10230 on: January 02, 2020, 02:44:56 pm »

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 09:21:37 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10232 on: January 06, 2020, 03:04:04 pm »

Whoever translated the written text in Bubblegum Crisis to English does not appear to have known Japanese, or didn't expect people to be able to read anything when they pause. All of the important information about people on computer screens is stuff like "name, occupation, list of a dozen songs." Also, one guy (a scientist) has a jumpsuit that just says "Nobel Prize for Science" across the back.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10233 on: January 06, 2020, 03:27:10 pm »

The opening logo for this is someone dressed up as the Paramount Logo Girl while Star Wars: A New Hope music plays in the background. This is the sort of thing people make as parodies in 2019, and it's all straight-faced.

I would like to call attention to this scene

All I can say is that the ability of mustache ninja to keep a straight face while wearing a hoodie made of water camo and fighting ninjas is superhuman.

I am fairly sure that there are scenes where mustache ninja is talking to another middle aged white american guy, and they are obviously speaking english, but they still dubbed it.

That's probably because Goddfrey Ho's many movies were mostly made by cut-and-pasting random footage from his earlier movies and mixing them with found footage from other obscure asian films. So he was just re-using scenes and had to redub them for the plot. That American ninja guy ended up in dozens of Ho movies that he was never paid for because of the reused footage. So Goddrey Ho has a problem respecting copyright, and that wasn't just the fact that most of his movies are just the name of a better-known movie with "Ninja" on the front. "Ninja The Protector" is his version of "The Protector" (Jackie Chan) to give you an idea. He used to also outright steal unlicensed songs for the soundtracks and steal footage from other movies along with having a problem respecting the need to pay the people he hired to be in the movies.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 03:36:23 pm by Reelya »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10234 on: January 06, 2020, 03:55:48 pm »

Sounds like some fukken' classics to me!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10236 on: January 08, 2020, 02:15:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I assume everyone knows Grover House, even though it's probably 3 people on here.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10237 on: January 08, 2020, 02:43:02 pm »

I am not surprised, i forgot why the USA is against Iran in the first place
I don’t think I know Grover House, the only Grover I know is the one from Sesame Street, and I don’t think that is that Grover’s house

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10238 on: January 08, 2020, 03:03:02 pm »

The issues with Iran (and much of the middle east) are intimately tied to our historical foriegn policies with Syria.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syria–United_States_relations

Another good (if somewhat.. pointed, and agenda driven) bit that is on topic here is the documentary HyperNormalization.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh2cDKyFdyU

Basically, Assad has a vendetta against the US, because of our bullshit foreign policies.  His father, and how him, are embroiled in the consequences of producing suicide bombers and fomenting terrorism. 

Syria is tied very closely with Iran, as they are politically buddy-buddy in a great many ways.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93Syria_relations

This is why the military commander that got blown up is such a hot issue for Iran. The general was deeply involved in the various "Insurgency" operations those two countries have been cooking up.

https://apnews.com/a0557de2499d53eb9d298bbea35bb9d8

Now, not that I want to be seen as advocating for this kind of vendetta based nonsense, but killing soliemani was a very geopolitically dangerous thing.  Sure, the guy was essential to the two nations' mutually shared agendas in the region, and was actively involved in all the terror operations there.  However, he was also essential to both of those countries military operations, and killing him is kicking two nests of very angry hornets.  This is how Iran gets deeper in bed with Syria, IMO-- Since now the US's foreign policy approches have given Iran reason to go full vendetta against the US as well.

Nearly a century of bad policy in the middle east is ready to come home to roost in a very big and profound way. 

I sure hope the cheap gas was worth it. /s

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #10239 on: January 08, 2020, 03:22:31 pm »

Going even further back, the CIA was responsible for the overthrough of prime minister Mosaddegh back in the 1950s (reasons being oil and communism) and strengthened the rule of the Shah.

The Shah would be later overthrown in 1979 and replaced with the Islamic theocracy in charge today.
As the theocracy came to power, a hostage crisis ensured when a large group of Americans in the local embassy was taken captive for over a year.

Basically, Iran and USA have had beef with each other for a long time   
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10240 on: January 08, 2020, 04:52:45 pm »

Going even further back than that, Iran was for a time split between the north being a quasi-protectorate of the Russian Empire and the south being a quasi-protectorate of the UK, long before Mosaddegh nationalized the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company and was removed by the CIA. For about 150 years it was a meme in Iran to blame everything on the British.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10241 on: January 09, 2020, 10:39:50 am »

Dammit, I got so close, I was watching the Futurama with the tentacle love thing and the humans hiding in one of the robots legs as the bots sat in a blast furnace.

Missus asks if they ever did something like that and I deadpanned "yeah, actually in the middle ages the dutch used to pipe cow farts into a box with a person in it before lighting fires underneath it, which is where the term dutch oven comes from" but I cracked on the last line and couldn't hold in the giggles.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10242 on: January 09, 2020, 10:59:22 am »

I didn’t know that was how Dutch oven became a term

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10243 on: January 09, 2020, 11:03:34 am »

I didn’t know that was how Dutch oven became a term
:-X

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_oven

Theyre literally a covered pot that hangs over a fire.

The cow farts thing is a reference to the joke about smelly farts and/or the sexytime act.

P:
Spoiler: wikipedia, you rascal (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 11:08:13 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10244 on: January 09, 2020, 11:10:38 am »

In at least US jockular parlance, "Dutch Ovening" somebody, is getting their head under the blanket, then blowing a loud and nasty fart under it, forcing them to smell it.

It gets the name from having a lid that is held down-- Dutch ovens (the actual cooking instrument) can either be hung over a fire, or buried under hot coals, depending on how it is being used. The cast iron lid keeps cooking substances (and heat) in-- and embers, coal ash, and other contaminants out.  In the jockular reference, the blanket holds the flatus IN, like a lid.
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 879