Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 694 695 [696] 697 698 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1547689 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 10101 bits and counting
« Reply #10425 on: February 15, 2020, 11:16:06 pm »

I really just wanted something where the women would actually approach *me* first, rather than having me make every single move. And so far, Bumble is the only one that offers that.

I mean, sure, I haven't gotten any matches in two days... But I'm not betting the farm on it either. A gal whole-ass looked at me tonight, so I'm pretty clearly ahead of the game IRL anyways.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10426 on: February 16, 2020, 01:01:22 am »

matches take time on the 'slower' services.  First you have to prove youre not a flaker/spammer.  Then some sites actually filter your profile from others based on how many hits you get or on recent activity.  Finally, its random based on when/how people use the site.

Bumble isnt usually for hook ups, so people arent checking daily.  Least, I didnt.  Try using it more during times you dont usually use it.  A few swipes here or there.

Profile pics matter.  A lot.  Consider getting/taking some nice solo pics that are not selfies, and maybe even a few of female friends and you, but you erase the friend's face.  Keep in mind that you can do quirky/personality, but this person doesnt know you from the guy next to you so they lack all context for whatever you do.

And on bumble especially, your job/education speak for you.  The chicks ultimately pick you, and thus they have to go through the monotony of all the meatheads in button downs, all the shy guys want the girl to move first, all the everything.  Its not as easy as it sounds - its an actual chore that people often lack the commitment to perform.  Sometimes its easier for them to establish a simple filter.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10427 on: February 17, 2020, 07:52:49 am »

Hehe studies are now confirming that Uber and Lyft have created more road traffic, not reduced it.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10428 on: February 17, 2020, 08:02:13 am »

Its not as easy as it sounds - its an actual chore that people often lack the commitment to perform.  Sometimes its easier for them to establish a simple filter.
It's almost like they have to do the same shit guys need to go through on other platforms! I've also run across a couple Bumble profiles where the text says "You should start the conversation". Um... Honey. That's specifically impossible.

But it's fine, I'm not going to actually put any weight on using Bumble, so I'm not particularly invested in what does or doesn't come out of it. It's mostly just to experiment with the concept, and now that I've seen how hysterically money-grubbing the app itself is I have no interest in putting myself into it heavily.

Not the worst I've seen, though... I used to be on a dating site a number of years back where profiles couldn't message each other at all unless one of them was a paying member. God that place was a shithole...

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10429 on: February 18, 2020, 08:34:32 am »

So I've gotten back into online/app dating, this time via Bumble because I really don't want to hurl myself into spambot shotgun
Never paid for services tho, so maybe when you put some skin in the game you get exponentially better results.

Twice as many bots, guaranteed!

matches take time on the 'slower' services.  First you have to prove youre not a flaker/spammer.  Then some sites actually filter your profile from others based on how many hits you get or on recent activity.  Finally, its random based on when/how people use the site.

Bumble isnt usually for hook ups, so people arent checking daily.  Least, I didnt.  Try using it more during times you dont usually use it.  A few swipes here or there.

Isn't Bumble also (one of) the site(s) that matches expire after 24 hours? Seems like some good design when it's not a daily-use app.

Hehe studies are now confirming that Uber and Lyft have created more road traffic, not reduced it.

We know that, but councils aren't going to admit their mistakes and give back the lobbying money.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10430 on: February 18, 2020, 01:03:49 pm »

Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10431 on: February 18, 2020, 01:20:47 pm »

Isn't Bumble also (one of) the site(s) that matches expire after 24 hours? Seems like some good design when it's not a daily-use app.
It is! The lady gets a notification about the match, and then they have 24 hours to send a message otherwise it goes bye-bye.

Of course, generally speaking they're going to have more than enough matches to work with at any given time, so the idea of time pressure kinda falls a bit flat.

Speaking of, I got a match just yesterday! First out of 100 or so profiles swiped through. I don't think anything's going to happen on that front, but the interaction was at least polite and cordial, which is a refreshing change!

EDIT: Someone tried inviting me into some closed group on Facebook, but you're supposed to answer some questions before your "membership" can be approved by the page admins. The first question (and the only one I saw, because I am generally entirely uninterested in joining random groups that nobody's talked to me about previously) was "Do you believe in making a difference for climate change" (with far worse grammar in the original Norwegian), with the options "Yes, I think it's real and we can do a better job for the environment" and "No, it's all just hysteria".

The question allowed for selecting multiple answers.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #10432 on: February 19, 2020, 12:16:12 pm »

It is! The lady gets a notification about the match, and then they have 24 hours to send a message otherwise it goes bye-bye.

Of course, generally speaking they're going to have more than enough matches to work with at any given time, so the idea of time pressure kinda falls a bit flat.

Speaking of, I got a match just yesterday! First out of 100 or so profiles swiped through. I don't think anything's going to happen on that front, but the interaction was at least polite and cordial, which is a refreshing change!

EDIT: Someone tried inviting me into some closed group on Facebook, but you're supposed to answer some questions before your "membership" can be approved by the page admins. The first question (and the only one I saw, because I am generally entirely uninterested in joining random groups that nobody's talked to me about previously) was "Do you believe in making a difference for climate change" (with far worse grammar in the original Norwegian), with the options "Yes, I think it's real and we can do a better job for the environment" and "No, it's all just hysteria".

Was the group Multiple Personality Disordered Unite?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10433 on: February 19, 2020, 12:21:54 pm »

...I was about to say no, but the group just recently changed its name from "People's movement against the anti-climate hysterics" to "Medicine against climate change", so I think the group page itself may have Dissociative Identity Disorder.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #10434 on: February 19, 2020, 06:02:59 pm »

...with the options "Yes, I think it's real and we can do a better job for the environment" and "No, it's all just hysteria".

You know what you need to do.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10435 on: February 19, 2020, 06:05:57 pm »

People's movement against the anti-climate hysterics

PAATACH for short.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10436 on: February 19, 2020, 09:52:43 pm »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10437 on: February 20, 2020, 05:00:44 am »

The Wizardry clone/knockoff "Wandroid" includes Google AdMob as a trap on doors and chests. I'll probably never play it again, let alone pay for the full version, but it gave me a chuckle and the developer has my respect.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #10438 on: February 20, 2020, 08:59:51 am »

« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 09:53:06 am by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10439 on: February 20, 2020, 09:41:09 am »

Saw that one as well.
Dwarves sure lack of self-preservation awareness.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 11:44:44 am by Ultimuh »
Pages: 1 ... 694 695 [696] 697 698 ... 879