Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 695 696 [697] 698 699 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1549369 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 10101 bits and counting
« Reply #10440 on: February 20, 2020, 04:25:28 pm »

...with the options "Yes, I think it's real and we can do a better job for the environment" and "No, it's all just hysteria".

The question allowed for selecting multiple answers.

You know what you need to do.

My invitation got denied. No feedback as to why. I'm sure I can't imagine a reason.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10441 on: February 20, 2020, 04:47:22 pm »

I want to get off Mr. Kruggsmash's wild ride

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10442 on: February 21, 2020, 08:00:38 am »

...with the options "Yes, I think it's real and we can do a better job for the environment" and "No, it's all just hysteria".

My invitation got denied. No feedback as to why. I'm sure I can't imagine a reason.
Did you submit multiple answers to the yes or no question? If so, that’s probably why

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10443 on: February 21, 2020, 09:21:43 am »

It's almost like they have to do the same shit guys need to go through on other platforms! I've also run across a couple Bumble profiles where the text says "You should start the conversation". Um... Honey. That's specifically impossible.

Yeah, I warned you about that. I still think they're joke accounts, though. Too common not to be.

...I was about to say no, but the group just recently changed its name from "People's movement against the anti-climate hysterics" to "Medicine against climate change", so I think the group page itself may have Dissociative Identity Disorder.

Splitters!

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #10444 on: February 21, 2020, 09:45:09 am »

Did you submit multiple answers to the yes or no question? If so, that’s probably why

I'm assuming that's what he did, deliberately.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10445 on: February 21, 2020, 10:02:41 am »

...I was about to say no, but the group just recently changed its name from "People's movement against the anti-climate hysterics" to "Medicine against climate change", so I think the group page itself may have Dissociative Identity Disorder.

Splitters!

It gets better/worse! This whole thing got kicked off by another Facebook group titled "People's movement against the climate hysterics", a denial group that gained enough popularity and Facebook adspace that a news outlet mentioned them, at which point the floodgates burst and everyone started actually paying attention to them.

This led to the foundation of opposition groups, such as the aforementioned "People's movement against the anti-climate hysterics" (a more accurate translation, looking back at it, would actually be "against the climate deniers"), which didn't do so well... Probably partly because of how close their name was to their opponents, which might be why they introduced the questionnaire for membership (and then eventually went for the name change).

Now that things have really kicked off though, there's a new opposition group in town that's trying to gain more members than the denial group! The aptly-named "People's movement against the people's movement against the climate hysterics". The two are now squabbling massively, and the member counts are actually kind of merging together because people from the one group keep joining the other group in order to troll them or act as "moles" to learn their secret plans.

It's... Yes, it's exactly as stupid as it all sounds.

I'm assuming that's what he did, deliberately.
Yes. They made a poor system, I poked the poor system in its weak spots, and somehow that's my fault. Some people!

(And yes, both my choices in the questionnaire and my reactions here have been for comedic effect)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10446 on: February 21, 2020, 11:18:24 am »

This whole thing got kicked off by another Facebook group titled "People's movement against the climate hysterics",

I keep imagining Climate's uterus just floating around somehow.

Is good. Stress has been very much affecting my sleep, so I need laughs.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10448 on: February 22, 2020, 03:00:46 am »

It's almost like they have to do the same shit guys need to go through on other platforms! I've also run across a couple Bumble profiles where the text says "You should start the conversation". Um... Honey. That's specifically impossible.

Yeah, I warned you about that. I still think they're joke accounts, though. Too common not to be.

Or could be cut and paste from their profiles on other site.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10449 on: February 22, 2020, 12:05:53 pm »

A Facebook friend posted a status with a link and a caption of "...ooof".

Facebook, seeing this, then decided to automatically translate "ooof" into "Dagnabbit"; saying it was translated from Arabic.

Considering the individual communicates exclusively in either Norwegian or English, I have no idea where they pulled that from.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10450 on: February 22, 2020, 01:23:05 pm »

Facebook, seeing this, then decided to automatically translate "ooof" into "Dagnabbit"; saying it was translated from Arabic.

Considering the individual communicates exclusively in either Norwegian or English, I have no idea where they pulled that from.
Dagnabbit, the bots are at it again!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10451 on: February 22, 2020, 02:33:35 pm »

To be fair, few would; Al-Oof is among the more insular parts of the region, and consequently little-known.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10452 on: February 22, 2020, 02:44:43 pm »

To be fair, few would; Al-Oof is among the more insular parts of the region, and consequently little-known.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10453 on: February 23, 2020, 02:53:09 am »

It's near another place that's hard to find, el ousif

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #10454 on: February 23, 2020, 03:54:02 am »