Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1541237 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 10101 bits and counting
« Reply #10575 on: March 24, 2020, 06:08:59 pm »

We're the biggest best most respected and most best big country, of course. Everyone wants to be us and respect us.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10576 on: March 24, 2020, 06:24:50 pm »

Well, you know, I think they forgot how a virus spreads.  Through population and trade.

Also, if the vector were not literal breathe and snot and rather a bird, rat, or w.e. we may have seen a different story.

Besides, in terms of ability to respond to a pandemic this isnt really wrong; though it discounts the country's willingness to  . . . . 'triage'.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10577 on: March 24, 2020, 08:44:27 pm »

Last night I was playing Call of Duty: Warzone, in the "plunder" mode which basically just entails wandering the map looting, robbing and doing missions for cash.   
Hopped into a car with one of my teammates, who immediately began driving erratically, speeding around in huge, seemingly aimless loops as I fired my gun out the side. Then we sped off towards the sound of distant gunfire, where a variety of red dots were clustered on the map. Hilarity ensued.   

My buddy managed to run over not two but three enemies in our quick jaunt through the battlefield, and I even managed to get a kill from the passenger seat. Then, as we got out to loot someone a moment later after making our escape, a big flatbed truck flew through out of nowhere, horn blaring, and pulped us both like some sort of cosmic cudgel of karma.
I don't think I have ever laughed so hard at Call of Duty, of all things.   

Later on that same teammate found another car and stopped for me to hop in - then accelerated out of my reach just as I was about to do so. So began a ridiculous game of vehicle tag that went on for an absurdly long time, with him driving in circles and me trying doggedly to catch up or cut him off somehow.
Not sure how that ended, maybe enemies showed up or we finally got bored, haha.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10578 on: March 25, 2020, 12:26:46 am »

While I was playing Ultima 7, some guards in Moonglow got their paths crossed. Rather than stepping around each other or turning around, they both sat there yelling "Halt! Stand away! Step aside!" at each other, standing as close to each other as two NPCs in the game possibly can. This went on for longer than it should have as I just stood there waiting for the situation to fix itself, and it never did.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10579 on: March 25, 2020, 06:58:34 am »

While I was playing Ultima 7, some guards in Moonglow got their paths crossed. Rather than stepping around each other or turning around, they both sat there yelling "Halt! Stand away! Step aside!" at each other, standing as close to each other as two NPCs in the game possibly can. This went on for longer than it should have as I just stood there waiting for the situation to fix itself, and it never did.
you can fix it, kill one of the guards

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10580 on: March 25, 2020, 12:49:38 pm »

Last night I was playing Call of Duty: Warzone, in the "plunder" mode which basically just entails wandering the map looting, robbing and doing missions for cash.   
Hopped into a car with one of my teammates, who immediately began driving erratically, speeding around in huge, seemingly aimless loops as I fired my gun out the side. Then we sped off towards the sound of distant gunfire, where a variety of red dots were clustered on the map. Hilarity ensued.   

My buddy managed to run over not two but three enemies in our quick jaunt through the battlefield, and I even managed to get a kill from the passenger seat. Then, as we got out to loot someone a moment later after making our escape, a big flatbed truck flew through out of nowhere, horn blaring, and pulped us both like some sort of cosmic cudgel of karma.
I don't think I have ever laughed so hard at Call of Duty, of all things.   

Later on that same teammate found another car and stopped for me to hop in - then accelerated out of my reach just as I was about to do so. So began a ridiculous game of vehicle tag that went on for an absurdly long time, with him driving in circles and me trying doggedly to catch up or cut him off somehow.
Not sure how that ended, maybe enemies showed up or we finally got bored, haha.   

I like it when there are 2 or more correct ways to play a game. These are both the right way to play.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10581 on: March 26, 2020, 02:06:57 am »

I believe Sanderson used the same example in the Writing Excuses podcast. You listen?

Nope, sorry, I don't listen to podcasts. My time to listen to stuff is on public transport and I find that the background noise is too annoying for audiobooks or podcasts, so i stick to music. I think the Indiana Jones example is just a common one that people come up with because it's something people of all ages would be familiar with and it's fairly easy to dissect.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #10582 on: March 26, 2020, 07:51:39 am »

It's a good podcast - maybe an idea for self isolators.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10583 on: March 26, 2020, 08:27:44 am »

I was reminded of the video of celebrities singing Imagine, and one person's response "Whoever wrote that song should be shot."

I can't figure out if it's funnier if they knew or if they didn't, but it's a good stupid response anyway.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10584 on: March 26, 2020, 11:10:43 am »

Who wrote Imagine and why did the commenter want him or her to die?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #10585 on: March 26, 2020, 11:16:02 am »

John Lennon of The Beatles. He died by being shot.

A lot of people hate the song Imagine. I'm not sure why, I don't feel strongly for or against it.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10586 on: March 26, 2020, 11:17:19 am »

A lot of people hate the song Imagine. I'm not sure why, I don't feel strongly for or against it.
oh

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10587 on: March 26, 2020, 11:53:58 am »

As far as I can tell, it's partly "let's not celebrate an abuser (Lennon)" and partly "all that they celebrities can do is sing a song instead of doing anything to help."

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10588 on: March 26, 2020, 12:52:42 pm »

As far as I can tell, it's partly "let's not celebrate an abuser (Lennon)" and partly "all that they celebrities can do is sing a song instead of doing anything to help."

I think songs can actually really help raise the public consciousness and sway public emotion about a particular issue. But Imagine is pretty meaningless word filler with not much depth or feeling behind it. Yes, Mr. Lennon, it would indeed be better if world hunger didn't exist. Thank you for telling us.

Also, yeah, the guy was an abusive asshole for a good portion of his life, so hearing this stuff coming from him is a bit rich.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10589 on: March 26, 2020, 01:34:02 pm »

Whats the terrifying thing, is it the picture being so big or is it that stuff costing 15 monies?

Yeah, how do we scale images in links. I know there is supposed to be a way, but I'm not aware of one.
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 879