Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 714 715 [716] 717 718 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1559597 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 10101 bits and counting
« Reply #10725 on: May 15, 2020, 01:36:36 am »

The following exchange on Facebook:   

Quote from: Commenter
Nobody said you did....

Quote from: OP
WELL I DIDNT

Tell your clown ass homebois to take their rice burners down the street. That bozo with the cajon too. Menil exhibit lookin ass

Soon as you get your improvisational jazz crew off my block we can talk homeboy.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10726 on: May 15, 2020, 07:31:52 am »

The following exchange on Facebook:   

Nobody said you did....

WELL I DIDNT

Tell your clown ass homebois to take their rice burners down the street. That bozo with the cajon too. Menil exhibit lookin ass

Soon as you get your improvisational jazz crew off my block we can talk homeboy.

Uh, what? What was the Original Post about?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10727 on: May 15, 2020, 09:35:30 pm »

In the US, instead of spending money on people who needed it, we celebrated doctors CORVID by flying warplanes over major cities. This joking response...maybe went too far? Or got the best joking response back.

https://twitter.com/KyleClark/status/1261043600399319040

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10728 on: May 16, 2020, 01:20:51 pm »

In the US, instead of spending money on people who needed it, we celebrated doctors CORVID by flying warplanes over major cities. This joking response...maybe went too far? Or got the best joking response back.

i don’t understand why this is funny, risking war is not a joking matter. I understand that Austria was in WWI, so maybe that’s the joke?

I don’t think flying warplanes over places we aren’t warring with is a good idea, he’ll, I don’t think warring with places is a good idea either. War wastes time, resources and lives. When will humans learn that cooperating with others is more beneficial than war? Will we ever learn? Or are we doomed to forever war against each each other until AIs get in charge and stop us from warring since we can’t seem to stop ourselves from warring? This response should go in a different thread probably, but where?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10729 on: May 16, 2020, 01:33:26 pm »

It’s funny because, while they were a significant power, Austria-Hungary doesn’t exist anymore, and it sounds like something Trump would do in spite of that fact.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10730 on: May 16, 2020, 02:28:13 pm »

i don’t understand why this is funny, risking war is not a joking matter. I understand that Austria was in WWI, so maybe that’s the joke?

I don’t think flying warplanes over places we aren’t warring with is a good idea, he’ll, I don’t think warring with places is a good idea either. War wastes time, resources and lives. When will humans learn that cooperating with others is more beneficial than war? Will we ever learn? Or are we doomed to forever war against each each other until AIs get in charge and stop us from warring since we can’t seem to stop ourselves from warring? This response should go in a different thread probably, but where?

Gallows humor?

Also, war engages and gets rid of excess proles who would otherwise consider revolting or otherwise bettering their lives, which is a benefit to the ruling class, who make decisions about things like starting wars. I'll let you work out the when will we stop wars question on your own from there.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #10731 on: May 16, 2020, 02:28:59 pm »

A dwarf fortress book:

"Mating: Principles and Practice."

Edit: I looked into it.

"Written on the item is a manual entitled Mating: Principles and Practice, authored by Fewetha Skinwinds. It concerns the reproductive behaviour of creatures. The writing has rare but particularly exquisite turns of phrase and it contains some asides related to the author's preferences. Overall, the prose is masterful."

It's 1500 Dwarfbucks in the first caravan to my fledgling fort. I'm gonna buy it.

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10732 on: May 16, 2020, 02:45:54 pm »

Its a pillow book!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10733 on: May 16, 2020, 03:49:58 pm »

A dwarf fortress book:

"Mating: Principles and Practice."

"Written on the item is a manual entitled Mating: Principles and Practice, authored by Fewetha Skinwinds. It concerns the reproductive behaviour of creatures. The writing has rare but particularly exquisite turns of phrase and it contains some asides related to the author's preferences. Overall, the prose is masterful.”

Whwt kind of research did Fewetha put in to discerning their preferences in the principles and practice of the reproductive behaviors of creatures?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10734 on: May 16, 2020, 04:04:46 pm »

Read it and you can find out! In great detail and masterful prose!
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10735 on: May 16, 2020, 05:55:27 pm »

'The woman wants to be told what to do, to have somebody show they are in control'

'When you break off a relationship, do it quick - like its a band-aid'

'When you first meet a woman, touch her shoulder and neg her'
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #10737 on: May 17, 2020, 04:12:15 pm »

By God.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This just gets better. My copy is now lost....

I must source the original!

Edit: I used legends to find the location of the original. It is in my own civilization, so I can't raid it. But I looked through the site's artifacts.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think... the Dwarves of Earthenumbra are the foremost scholars of sex on the Continent of Soaking.
My favourite is sidecrush. Like, is that a girl who you crush on when your main crush is busy? I'd have to read it to find out...

Edit Edit: I have read through Fewetha's Legends entry. She is 250 years old. When she was 2, she was attacked by the Minotaur "Burnjudged the Lustful Comet." It gave her a black eye but she escaped. Later, she relocated to Earthenumbras and began working at the library. She is an incredibly talented scholar of animals, having written books on dissection of animals, animal societies and predator-prey relations. Her entry is dominated by "she broke up with..." and then "she became lovers with...". She wrote two books on mating.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 05:27:49 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10738 on: May 17, 2020, 05:56:08 pm »

The Journey Into Position.

I also like Modestchills. “Oh that sounds fun what is-“ “THE THEATER OF BLOOD!”

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 714 715 [716] 717 718 ... 879