Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 720 721 [722] 723 724 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1550249 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 10101 bits and counting
« Reply #10815 on: June 02, 2020, 10:25:38 am »

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2020/05/5g-conspiracy-theorists-sell-350-usb-stick-to-fight-electric-fog/

A $350 “anti-5G” device is just a 128MB USB stick, teardown finds

5GBioShield uses "quantum nano-layer technology" to restructure reality itself.

Believers of 5G conspiracy theories have apparently been buying a $350 anti-5G USB key that—not surprisingly—appears to just be a regular USB stick with only 128MB of storage.

As noted by the BBC today, the "5GBioShield" USB stick "was recommended by a member of Glastonbury Town Council's 5G Advisory Committee, which has called for an inquiry into 5G." The company that sells 5GBioShield claims it "is the result of the most advanced technology currently available for balancing and prevention of the devastating effects caused by non-natural electric waves, particularly (but not limited to) 5G, for all biological life forms."

The product's website charges £283 for a single 5GBioShield, which converts to nearly $350. That's what it costs to get "protection for your home and family, thanks to the wearable holographic nano-layer catalyser, which can be worn or placed near to a smartphone or any other electrical, radiation or EMF emitting device."

The USB stick apparently doesn't need to be plugged in to anything to work its magic. "It is always ON and working—that's why we used quantum nano-layer technology," the company says in an FAQ.

Fortunately, you can use 5GBioShield without disabling your Wi-Fi. The USB key doesn't block Wi-Fi signals, the company says. Instead, the product "transmutes" the signals and "harmonizes all harmful frequencies into life affirming frequencies."
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 10:30:08 am by Reelya »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10816 on: June 02, 2020, 10:41:34 am »

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2020/05/5g-conspiracy-theorists-sell-350-usb-stick-to-fight-electric-fog/

A $350 “anti-5G” device is just a 128MB USB stick, teardown finds

5GBioShield uses "quantum nano-layer technology" to restructure reality itself.

Believers of 5G conspiracy theories have apparently been buying a $350 anti-5G USB key that—not surprisingly—appears to just be a regular USB stick with only 128MB of storage.

As noted by the BBC today, the "5GBioShield" USB stick "was recommended by a member of Glastonbury Town Council's 5G Advisory Committee, which has called for an inquiry into 5G." The company that sells 5GBioShield claims it "is the result of the most advanced technology currently available for balancing and prevention of the devastating effects caused by non-natural electric waves, particularly (but not limited to) 5G, for all biological life forms."

The product's website charges £283 for a single 5GBioShield, which converts to nearly $350. That's what it costs to get "protection for your home and family, thanks to the wearable holographic nano-layer catalyser, which can be worn or placed near to a smartphone or any other electrical, radiation or EMF emitting device."

The USB stick apparently doesn't need to be plugged in to anything to work its magic. "It is always ON and working—that's why we used quantum nano-layer technology," the company says in an FAQ.

Fortunately, you can use 5GBioShield without disabling your Wi-Fi. The USB key doesn't block Wi-Fi signals, the company says. Instead, the product "transmutes" the signals and "harmonizes all harmful frequencies into life affirming frequencies."
it makes me sad that people will believe this, buy it, and co Vince others to buy it too. At least this isn’t being sold as a medicine and preventing people from getting medicine...oh wait...never mind, the 5G corona conspiracy theory is still a thing.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10817 on: June 02, 2020, 10:53:03 am »

I mean, magnetic bracelets and reichi and various diets such as keto exist.

Speaking of, Id love to know peoples opinion of these.  Im not saying they dont work.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10818 on: June 02, 2020, 11:05:16 am »

I mean, magnetic bracelets and reichi and various diets such as keto exist.

Speaking of, Id love to know peoples opinion of these.  Im not saying they dont work.

Keto diets aren't anything magical.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketogenic_diet

But they clearly have a use for that particular diet, and less reason that just anyone should follow them.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 11:10:43 am by Reelya »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10819 on: June 02, 2020, 11:19:09 am »

It's an odd set of trends along with stuff like gluten-free. People think because some people need to avoid gluten that it's super bad for you or something. Having a good diet isn't just eating things from a specific list and never eating things from a different list, it's going to be different depending on you and your body.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10820 on: June 02, 2020, 11:26:48 am »

Lots of Nordic folks are actually fairly gluten intolerant, according to research of the last decades or so. It just never gets acknowledged by our food culture.

Apparently it's a genetic deficiency of ours. Had to minmax our selves to get that sweet sweet lactose tolerance trait I guess.

So anytime you see one of those white supremacists trying to make milk a hate symbol kind of things, just respond with a picture of somebody throwing rice to highlight their genetic inferiority
Love, scriver~

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10821 on: June 02, 2020, 11:30:50 am »

It's always been the "INFUSED WITH COPPER!" compression braces and sleeves that always get me...

No, skin contact with metallic copper is NOT going to magically alleviate your pain.  Depending on what your actual underlying condition is, the compression of the brace/sleeve MIGHT help, but you should not substitute it for a doctors evaluation and prescribed regimen (like the gymnastics chicka in the following video. "they said it would't get better and that I should quit, but I refused!" and all that).  (But BOY-- if you listen to the commercials, its ALL THE COPPER BABY-- jeeze, what is wrong with people?)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10822 on: June 02, 2020, 03:44:57 pm »

Funny thing is, the material list for those things is usually just 100% cotton. I do have a few pairs of those socks though, and they are pretty comfortable to wear at work where I'm on my feet the entire shift.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10823 on: June 02, 2020, 03:48:29 pm »

If theyre comfy then theyre worth buying, imo.

I just dont see how copper makes them more comfortable.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10824 on: June 02, 2020, 04:41:39 pm »

If theyre comfy then theyre worth buying, imo.

I just dont see how copper makes them more comfortable.

It doesn't, but it does double the price, even when it isn't present.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10826 on: June 04, 2020, 12:12:01 am »

It's always been the "INFUSED WITH COPPER!" compression braces and sleeves that always get me...

No, skin contact with metallic copper is NOT going to magically alleviate your pain.  Depending on what your actual underlying condition is, the compression of the brace/sleeve MIGHT help, but you should not substitute it for a doctors evaluation and prescribed regimen (like the gymnastics chicka in the following video. "they said it would't get better and that I should quit, but I refused!" and all that).  (But BOY-- if you listen to the commercials, its ALL THE COPPER BABY-- jeeze, what is wrong with people?)

Yeah, no, my neurologist told me to go ahead and wear my batting gloves/MMA gloves when my nerves go berserk. The pressure gives them something to do and calms them down. No copper needed! (People who sell this snake oil shit should be dragged out into the street and shot.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10827 on: June 04, 2020, 06:54:39 am »

*The people who sell that snake oil should be punished in a sane and appropriate manner.

I'm thinking public humiliation would be a good choice. Disincentivizes the bad behavior while also getting the word out that products like that are bogus. Without any murder.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10828 on: June 04, 2020, 06:58:25 am »

It's simpler than that. Make them have to provide funds into a trust fund to pay refunds to anyone who bought the product that does not do what it advertises.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10829 on: June 04, 2020, 07:19:05 am »

I have to admit that would probably work.
Pages: 1 ... 720 721 [722] 723 724 ... 879