Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 736 737 [738] 739 740 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1545821 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 10101 bits and counting
« Reply #11056 on: August 03, 2020, 03:57:52 pm »

Here are some classic chatbots for you NG, I never liked Cleverbot, it just sucks and should be deleted. Racter is the best and was developed in 1984. Cleverbot is really garbage-tier. Even those old bots will remember your name, and other details in between statements. You ask Cleverbot it's name twice and it'll say two different things, there's no persistence at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft6waw4fQ-I
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 03:59:55 pm by Reelya »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11057 on: August 03, 2020, 08:16:41 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #11058 on: August 03, 2020, 10:27:01 pm »

Don't forget Mitsuku! It's pretty smart, if a bit silly at times. I sometimes just say nonsensical things to it when I'm bored to see how it responds. Unfortunately its responses to most things are fixed.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11059 on: August 03, 2020, 11:13:24 pm »

I dont know, it feels pretty bad when the chatbot starts contradicting itself or arguing for the sake of it.

it seems like all chatbots do this.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11060 on: August 03, 2020, 11:20:22 pm »

Yeah, they're not that much fun. That's why I still prefer Racter to interacting with any other chatbot I've seen. At least Racter is entertaining. Racter remembers bits and pieces you told it and then throws them into conversation later in another context, so it has the advantage of coming off as a right smart ass.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11061 on: August 03, 2020, 11:29:37 pm »

The chatbots all have the same basic weakness.  They all focus on single line responses, rather than leverage more modern advances in machine generated text.

Take for instance, modern AI DeepFakery

Chatbots try to leverage human interaction to steal real human output, and incorporate it as a distraction. A real human is an opinionated piece of shit. (no, I mean always. Humans inherently develop cogitative biases, as this is how our neural architecture functions.) Chatbots are all over the place, because they do not discriminate which human pieces of shit they leverage from.  This is why Tay ended up becoming a raving lunatic red-piller after Reddit got ahold of her.  As a consequence, their lack of consistency gives them away as chatbots.   The better approach is to have a biased (based on their training data, just like a real person) generative AI that is built on the deepfakery tech, that is combined with a natural language parser.  It could then use simple language tactics (again, like real people), like "I have no idea what you are talking about" or "I find that unlikely" to subject matter or words that have low incidences in its training set. 

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11062 on: August 03, 2020, 11:37:17 pm »

What I'm expecting is that chatbots will continue to suck for the near future but at some point someone will come up with a clever way to leverage GPT-3 or similar into a much more convincing chatbot, but one that still really doesn't "know" what it's talking about, it just fakes it's way through it more believably, to the point that it might be usably fake for most purposes.

Just feed GPT-3 the entire conversation and ask it what comes next, it could even have predictions of what you're going to say next, and you could rig it up to do things like "i really thought you'd say <thing> there" and spit out it's prediction of what it thought you'd say according to the GPT-3 modelling.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 11:40:16 pm by Reelya »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11063 on: August 03, 2020, 11:42:40 pm »

Yes, pretty much that.  With it improving as GAN assisted text generation improves, and as natural language parsers improve.

Bonus if you use the antagonistic network end of the GAN to process the human inputs, and use the confidence scores from that to better shape the text generated by the Generative network in the response.

This way you could double-down on the bias that ends up baked into the AI, and produce a chatbot that has strongly represented backfire effect in full force.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11064 on: August 04, 2020, 04:14:56 am »

it could even have predictions of what you're going to say next, and you could rig it up to do things like "i really thought you'd say <thing> there" and spit out it's prediction of what it thought you'd say according to the GPT-3 modelling.

Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11065 on: August 04, 2020, 04:52:32 am »

He captured my favourite trick!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11067 on: August 04, 2020, 03:53:43 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft6waw4fQ-I

I'll just note something I missed before in the video I linked, but the sheer amount of words the mom and son in this video don't know how to pronounce, or that they're even words, including Helene, seltzer, Stalin and hyperbolas.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 04:04:34 pm by Reelya »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11068 on: August 05, 2020, 02:11:20 pm »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile