Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 799 800 [801] 802 803 ... 807

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: 1223237 views lol  (Read 1255034 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 1223237 views lol
« Reply #12000 on: October 26, 2021, 02:07:24 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12001 on: October 26, 2021, 02:22:48 pm »

Yeah, but this guy in particular is far-right for the US. I could go into it, but that's not the right thread.

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #12002 on: October 27, 2021, 11:02:00 am »

It does stress how stretched the ideological fabric behind such words has become, however. In the Dresden Files, magical curse rituals are published far and wide because the more often they are used the less force they have, until they become meaningless.

Curses such as 'fascist' have lost much of their power because they're leveled against nearly anyone. The same is true of 'racist' and 'homophobe' and 'misogynist'. From personal experience, I was called racist many times circa 2016. Not because I condemned anyone or judged according to colour or race, but because I voted out of the European Union.

Which is unfortunate, because the term 'racist' means little to me now. I don't trust it without utilising independent research.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12003 on: October 27, 2021, 11:10:24 am »

We had our own here, bourgeois.

We got yelled "Bourgeoisies!!!!" when protested, on foot, against the goverment, from a guy on one of the biggest, fanciest pickup trucks I have ever seen.

It was grounded into a mere slur against anyone not agreeing with the ruling mafia. Oh also fascist of course, even when they are like a dictionary example of fascism.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 11:12:00 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12004 on: October 28, 2021, 01:43:24 pm »

I apparently woke up on my hyper-curious side today. So I embarked on an epic journey to the depths of Turkish Web. I saw cringy memes, clickbaity videos, and alot of other stupid stuff.

But let me be honest, this journey wasn't random. Before all my lazy spelunking, I was of course looking at what American Televangelist crowd was up to, like any self-respecting heathen. After I snarked for about 15 minutes, I began to wonder if there were other, more relatable things to snark.

So I found my way to my destination. It did not dissappoint. It is like what you Muricans have around there, but even bolder in its willfull ignorance and strawmanning. Oh, and there was Islamic rapping, too. In the flavor of Christian rock or Jesus pop. The music was decent, though. A for the effort.

I couldn't help but imagine the following scenario;

And there stood Magmacube, with a shit-eating grin, among the crowd of the unassuming faithful. Spoken to, yet will never be seen.

"lol", said Magmacube. "lmao".
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest.
Embrace your inner cube of magma
Now that Halloween approaches, we must rebrand impostor syndrome as amogus pocus

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • Itís shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12005 on: October 28, 2021, 09:49:31 pm »

LW used to post clips of an Islamic TV station or news show, the name of which escapes me, being unapologetically anti-Semitic and misogynistic and homophobic, and probably other awful things too.

But yeah, hatred doesnít change much regardless who expresses it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12006 on: October 29, 2021, 12:02:58 am »

Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #12008 on: October 29, 2021, 02:14:44 pm »

What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12009 on: October 29, 2021, 06:47:08 pm »

You do have to realize that in the muslim world, throwing a shoe at someone is THE worst possible insult and offense thinkable.
Like, if we think in the western world that raping and killing someone's family is bad, throwing a shoe is culturally worse in the muslim world.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

Enjoy the freedom to explore the limits of your constraints

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • Itís shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12010 on: October 29, 2021, 10:13:07 pm »

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12011 on: October 30, 2021, 10:11:48 am »

While I can understand and Messi or whoever is in charge migth have looked into it a bit better is also a two way avenue. Its not the fucking 14th century anymore, they have internet and can look into cultural differences too, and they can also understand that insulting was the least of the intentions there.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12012 on: November 01, 2021, 05:34:28 am »

LW used to post clips of an Islamic TV station or news show, the name of which escapes me, being unapologetically anti-Semitic and misogynistic and homophobic, and probably other awful things too.

But yeah, hatred doesnít change much regardless who expresses it.
Khemri TV is the new Memri

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12013 on: November 04, 2021, 03:07:44 am »

While I can understand and Messi or whoever is in charge migth have looked into it a bit better is also a two way avenue. Its not the fucking 14th century anymore, they have internet and can look into cultural differences too, and they can also understand that insulting was the least of the intentions there.
A celebrity and his PR team not bothering to research your culture is a bit insulting too. Like, think of it this way, it's like if you have this guy who has been hanging out at your house for like a couple weeks, and he says that he's really enjoying his time hanging out with you, but then as a gift he treats you to an all-you-can-eat shrimp buffet. You have the signs "I have deathly shrimp allergies" hung all over your house which he could've seen in the past few weeks.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #12014 on: November 04, 2021, 05:41:41 am »

Ehh, not really. The shoe thing seems kinda obscure.

It's like having someone in your house for a few days and expecting them to know that you only brush your teeth with a certain toothpaste. Obvious to you. Not so much to them.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 799 800 [801] 802 803 ... 807