Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 860 861 [862] 863 864 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1549907 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile

I have this same conversation often about Chinese cinema - it's really one of those things where there's plenty of great stuff out there, which is overshadowed by all the aggressive advertisement for low effort, high turn-around schlock.

Recently got into I Think You Should Leave on a friend's recommendation - which is right up my alley as dumb stupid fun.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

fastfood joint forgot the ' on "we're hiring", I'm just like... so what, the masquerade has been broken oh noyou only hire on full moons, how's this work exactly

... anyway, it wasn't much but it was a chuckle
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

fastfood joint forgot the ' on "we're hiring", I'm just like... so what, the masquerade has been broken oh noyou only hire on full moons, how's this work exactly

... anyway, it wasn't much but it was a chuckle

It's actually not the front that's hiring, they need more people in distribution. Specifically, they need more workers for their werehouses.

Yes I know that's not how it's spelled, but we all make sacrifices for comedy

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gotta be careful when working in a werehouse as you don't want to be inside when it changes back.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

I’m pretty sure the “were-“ part means man, so how does one become a werehouse?

I fell into the wall yesterday and proceeded to bounce off it and graze my knuckles on the other side of the narrow hallway, should I be worried?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't bother messaging him guys. He's already turned now. And new ones don't grow their WiFi yet.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

I don’t think there is anything to worry about, fellow human! My host- I mean, I am perfectly well, and have no problems with growing WiFi… because that is not a human thing to worry about, of course!

Now, can I interest anyone in cake next to my gravel driveway? … anyone at all?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

That sound when a cat with zoomies and a slippy-ish floor interact, where a pattapattapatta noise goes through the house followed by a distinct *thump*.
Ask not!
Ask!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile

Keep remembering Northernlion's Let's Play of Beyond: Two Souls

Peak egg, the bit that makes me laugh most is coming across a tyre with a load of knives in it and him saying "Ah, I see you found the ol' suicide tyre!"
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This was also in my recommends recently. Sensible chuckle for sure.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

the flow just right

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

man, rip mf doom

... still haven't gotten around to actually listening to any of their stuff, but the fellow was a legend.
Ask not!
Ask!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To experience it all again...a true dream. Born Like This is a great starting album, but his quality is pretty good across the board.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Technically yesterday, but... Barbie.

I went in to the movie cautiously optimistic for it to be a brain-dead, silly romp with a bunch of nonsense around everyone being called Barbie or Ken.

I was absolutely not expecting the emotional absurdist tour-de-force that caught me off-guard at every turn and pulled near-constant cackles out of me, interspersed with eye-moistening feelings it had absolutely no business eliciting. Nor was I expecting the references to 2001: A Space Odyssey, The Matrix, or Pink Floyd: The Wall.

Completely blew all expectations out of the water. Sure, part of that is probably the wine talking, but still.

Additionally... I feel like anyone saying that it was a one-sided misandrist man-bashing fest wasn't paying attention... It portrays a surprising number of male issues I really wasn't expecting to see legitimized in a Barbie film of all places. Very impressed all around. Film's a lot better and more intelligent than it has any right to be.
Pages: 1 ... 860 861 [862] 863 864 ... 879