Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1546232 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 7630 laugfs and counting
« Reply #7530 on: June 20, 2017, 12:07:51 am »

I set the sugar container on the corner of the stove where it immediately began falling. I notice this and quickly catch it on the way to the floor, luckily none got spilled. Right as it settles in my hand, a triumphant fanfare begins playing on Mom's show in the other room. Did... did I just level up?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7531 on: June 20, 2017, 12:20:32 am »

You are now level 2. Congrats, what will you spend your perk point on? :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7532 on: June 20, 2017, 12:35:54 am »

Inhale Taco Bell lvl2
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7533 on: June 20, 2017, 05:03:06 am »

In-depth, long-winded theological discussions in the Youtube comments on occult-themed psychedelic rock/doom videos.   
Nepeta Leijon X3: "I'm guessing the soda Mark drank was fanta, even if they blurred out the logo"
..50 replies later..
Jonathan Gilman MD: "Answering from the perspective of one who has learned that He keeps his promises. Every. Time.

I see your point, and from that perspective, I wouldn't be too excited either.

But as it happens, your fears are entirely unfounded - great news!

Question: where do you suppose your hopes and dreams come from? You were created as a unique person, to be moved and motivated in certain ways. Typically, as you follow the path toward those things, you will find your “calling.”

If that answer is a little fuzzy, how about this? You are also created to live forever, ultimately with a glorified body on the New Earth. Everyone there will have work to do (refer back to the Garden of Eden), but it will be pleasing to you - something you will have been made for. And whatever you learned here in Boot Camp (this life) is what will have prepared you for that life.

If these verses are unfamiliar, look them up. They speak to your concern, beautifully:

“We shall reign with Christ.”

“I go to prepare a place for you.”

“Fear not, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom.”

“For I know the plans I have for you; plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a future and a hope.”

“If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!”

“but just as it is written, THINGS WHICH EYE HAS NOT SEEN AND EAR HAS NOT HEARD, AND WHICH HAVE NOT ENTERED THE HEART OF MAN, ALL THAT GOD HAS PREPARED FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM.”"
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7534 on: June 20, 2017, 05:09:29 am »

A mod I installed for MGSV: TPP added a side-op in the Lufwa Valley Mansion.

The side-op flavor text mentioned an immensely dangerous technology that must be captured or destroyed.

I died several times trying to get the tech. I finally cleaned the place out, and I then noticed something in the middle of a room.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I picked it up.

Side-Op complete.

Morbidslinky (the creator of  the mod) tricked me.
Perhaps it was a reference to this box? http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-647
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7535 on: June 20, 2017, 08:02:28 am »

It's a mod for a Metal Gear Solid game.

The cardboard box is iconic in that series.

Besides, I used the box right afterwards and didn't get killed, so probably not an SCP reference.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #7536 on: June 20, 2017, 10:17:06 am »

In MGS-verse, simple cardboard boxes are regarded as invaluable equipment, like towels in the hitchhiker's guide.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7537 on: June 20, 2017, 01:01:26 pm »

I noticed that the "Reviews" section for Undertale on Steam is composed entirely of vaguely negative comments followed by a perfect score.

Quote from: Destructoid
The puzzles aren't particularly impressive.
10/10
Quote from: PCInvasion
I have a couple of issues with the user interface.
10/10
Quote from: The Jimquisition
If there's a criticism to be had, it's that sometimes Toby Fox doesn't know when to let a joke go.
10/10

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #7538 on: June 20, 2017, 01:09:42 pm »

I think the idea there is that "This is the only thing we can think of, we're grasping at straws to find a complaint"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #7539 on: June 20, 2017, 02:10:54 pm »

Or that, in the case of a perfect score, a comment which displays something even minor against the game is more useful than one that just further affirms the score already given.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7540 on: June 20, 2017, 02:19:24 pm »

I found a name tag here at work that says shoes, so I put it on my shoes. Simple moment of silliness that made me giggle intensely.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7541 on: June 20, 2017, 04:46:22 pm »

In-depth, long-winded theological discussions in the Youtube comments on occult-themed psychedelic rock/doom videos.   
Have you seen the purely random politics rants that have nothing to do with the video?
I'm sure I have, but I find it far more amusing when such strange discussions spawn from intense (over-)analyzation of the actual subject matter of the video itself, rather than just springing up out of nowhere. Just about everyone carries around a bunch of political baggage and is ever poised and ready to dump it all over people these days, after all.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7542 on: June 20, 2017, 05:34:03 pm »

In MGS-verse, simple cardboard boxes are regarded as invaluable equipment, like towels in the hitchhiker's guide.

The bizarre thing?

There are delivery points for cardboard boxes.

The enemy (I assume, since no civilians are present) uses them with no questions. Even if they have seen the (various) cardboard box trick(s) before.

Also, you can't kick the clumps of mini-cardboard boxes to break them the way you can with wooden crates. This proves that the box is, and always will be, superior.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7543 on: June 20, 2017, 05:44:51 pm »

Cats around the world would agree that cardboard boxes are awesome and the best place to hide.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 879