Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1545458 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 8582 chuckles and counting
« Reply #8432 on: February 22, 2018, 06:53:34 am »

New meme development complete.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #8433 on: February 22, 2018, 01:26:58 pm »

this was really dumb, but it made me laugh. I was talking with my friend and she told me I was the physical form of the satanic panic in the 80's, I play d&d, I listen to a lot of metal, I play heretic too much (she said doom, but heretic is better than doom), and I'm actualy a satanist.
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8434 on: February 22, 2018, 07:25:50 pm »

Did you go to daycare though? Remember, most actual legal cases were about satanic daycare centers, not D&D or metal.

The sad thing is that people were still in prison based on bullshit satanic daycare-related charges from decades ago until very recently, and there are others still in prison on similar satanism-related charges. It's funny, I guess, but in a "how fucked is society?" sort of way. Even if the crime you've been convicted for is physically impossible or ludicrously improbable, it's very hard to get a retrial.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 08:11:31 pm by Reelya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8435 on: February 23, 2018, 03:11:42 am »

There are advertisements for Photobucket in Tinypic's captchas.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #8436 on: February 23, 2018, 12:35:28 pm »

Did you go to daycare though? Remember, most actual legal cases were about satanic daycare centers, not D&D or metal.

The sad thing is that people were still in prison based on bullshit satanic daycare-related charges from decades ago until very recently, and there are others still in prison on similar satanism-related charges. It's funny, I guess, but in a "how fucked is society?" sort of way. Even if the crime you've been convicted for is physically impossible or ludicrously improbable, it's very hard to get a retrial.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I did go to daycare (I live middle of nowhere Illinois so what I went to was the closest thing to a daycare that was available), about the D&D and metal thing I was thinking more along the lines of the propaganda that made about them (the big metal is satanic and stuff like dark dungeon)
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8437 on: February 23, 2018, 03:24:26 pm »

Yeah, there's another Chick comic about the music industry, where a nice Christian rock band get seduced by their new manager, Lou Cifer. Very subtle messages in the Chick comics.

However, the scary part to realize is that when, in Dark Dungeons, the teacher gets the girls hooked into a secret underground coven in the school ... that's not any sort of exaggeration: if you look into the big satanic daycare cases, that's the exact kind of thing people thought was going on. Mr Chick wasn't some random loon: almost everyone believed that shit back then. I've even read some articles written in the early 1990s where a journalist wrote (paraphrasing): "how the fuck did we all believe that shit? Seems so crazy now ... "

Yeah, so the 1980s were a dystopian Lovecraftian hellscape ... if you believed the mainstream media that is.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 03:28:41 pm by Reelya »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #8438 on: February 23, 2018, 03:36:02 pm »

...the teacher gets the girls hooked into a secret underground coven in the school...

Wait. Is this Bible BlacK?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8439 on: February 23, 2018, 03:42:58 pm »

If you haven't read Dark Dungeons then you need to get onto that, the full comic is here (it's a short booklet). However, remember when you read it, that it's not a parody, this is an actual Christian anti-D&D publication.

https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.asp

EDIT: Also the one on rock music. It's not as classic as the D&D one but there are a couple of laughs:

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0034/0034_01.asp

EDIT: The halloween one is good, too

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1053/1053_01.asp
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 04:08:17 pm by Reelya »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #8440 on: February 23, 2018, 03:58:00 pm »

Damn, a lot of this Chick tract stuff is just hilarious

What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8441 on: February 23, 2018, 04:47:32 pm »

in Dark Dungeons, the teacher gets the girls hooked into a secret underground coven in the school
Think you're conflating the original comic with the parody short film. The comic never really explains who Mrs. Frost is or why the kids join the group in the first place.

My favorite Chick tracts are his Islam ones. He bought into a bunch of ridiculous conspiracy theories about Muslims, including:
- They were a front for the Catholic Church to destroy the "real Christians"
- Allah was actually the m o o n g o d of pre-Islamic Arabia and Muhammad brainwashed everybody to forget about the other ones (?) or something like that
- The star and crescent is proof of this
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8442 on: February 23, 2018, 04:50:28 pm »

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8443 on: February 23, 2018, 04:56:03 pm »

in Dark Dungeons, the teacher gets the girls hooked into a secret underground coven in the school
Think you're conflating the original comic with the parody short film. The comic never really explains who Mrs. Frost is or why the kids join the group in the first place.

My favorite Chick tracts are his Islam ones. He bought into a bunch of ridiculous conspiracy theories about Muslims, including:
- They were a front for the Catholic Church to destroy the "real Christians"
- Allah was actually the m o o n g o d of pre-Islamic Arabia and Muhammad brainwashed everybody to forget about the other ones (?) or something like that
- The star and crescent is proof of this
For the record the star and crescent was due to the ottomans using it as their symbol and controlling most of the middle east and having a huge influence on Islam. Also its actually the evolved version of a mongol bow symbol.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8444 on: February 23, 2018, 05:05:30 pm »

For the record the star and crescent was due to the ottomans using it as their symbol and controlling most of the middle east and having a huge influence on Islam. Also its actually the evolved version of a mongol bow symbol.
They only adopted it in the 18th century, actually. Of course, it had been a popular symbol in different shapes (mainly vertical) before this, but I somehow doubt Chick was aware of that

the tract in question (note the wonderfully exploitable second panel)
Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 879