Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1546868 times)

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 8582 chuckles and counting
« Reply #8445 on: February 23, 2018, 05:06:48 pm »

For the record the star and crescent was due to the ottomans using it as their symbol and controlling most of the middle east and having a huge influence on Islam. Also its actually the evolved version of a mongol bow symbol.
They only adopted it in the 18th century, actually. Of course, it had been a popular symbol in different shapes (mainly vertical) before this, but I somehow doubt Chick was aware of that

the tract in question (note the wonderfully exploitable second panel)
Officially, it was predated by a similar yellow on white crescent. I actually did research into this awhile back. May I recommend not using Wikipedia as a source for flag information.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 05:09:09 pm by redwallzyl »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #8446 on: February 23, 2018, 05:20:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8447 on: February 23, 2018, 05:31:33 pm »

in Dark Dungeons, the teacher gets the girls hooked into a secret underground coven in the school
Think you're conflating the original comic with the parody short film. The comic never really explains who Mrs. Frost is or why the kids join the group in the first place.

Nah, i'm not really familiar with the film, I read the original one in print back in the 1990s. The woman is referred to as "Ms Frost" rather than by first name, which I always took as clearly meant to indicate that she's a teacher, and they're highschool students, especially given the whole satanic daycare thing back then. The people in the film changed it to being college students however, but they clearly thought the same thing, that it was a connection through the education system.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 05:34:40 pm by Reelya »

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8448 on: February 23, 2018, 05:39:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"The standard of the Kayihan Khanate, founded by Osman Gazi (Osman I) in western Anatolia. It is said the symbol on the standard goes back to the seal or tamgha of the ancestral Kayi tribe."

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_of_the_Kayihan_Khanate_(c._1326).svg

Its a stylized bow and arrow.

not English but:
https://lv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamga
This is what a lot of eastern European symbols are evolved from.

I think the star is byzantine influenced and in general influenced its reuse.

I collaborated with someone who helped me with a rather deep dive into the subject some time ago. Info on the subject is super hard to find.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 05:41:36 pm by redwallzyl »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8450 on: February 24, 2018, 12:28:09 am »

Heh, I just read the anti-abortion one:

Apparently, the dad only gave a fuck once he realized that the father goes to hell along with the mother.

And apparently, finding Jesus is more important than not killing your baby.

However, that opens up an interesting dilemma. If you abort your child then they end up in heaven with a 100% certainty, and you can pray your way up later. Isn't it therefore more optimal to always abort?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 12:41:00 am by Reelya »

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8451 on: February 24, 2018, 06:36:24 am »

Watching the anime Drifters, with the plot being that famous historical figures (Drifters) are dragged into a fantasy world at the moment of their deaths, and they use their skills to do great things and fight evil people dragged from history trying to destroy the world (Ends) and so forth.
The main empire was constructed by "Father" around 50 years previously (who then disappeared), someone unnamed up to this point, with the aid of Count-Saint Germi (now the most powerful noble in the empire), a flamboyant fabulous transexual.

Anyways, the empire has fallen into dissaray through strategic errors and complacency and its demise is now inevitable. So thats enough backstory I wuppose, on to the amusing part.
Main Character: "Why did you help Father create such an bad empire? Are you really a End?
Count: "No, I'm a drifter. How dare you say the empire is evil, its a great empire you idiot."
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 06:44:37 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8452 on: February 24, 2018, 11:02:26 am »

Heh, I just read the anti-abortion one:

Apparently, the dad only gave a fuck once he realized that the father goes to hell along with the mother.

And apparently, finding Jesus is more important than not killing your baby.

However, that opens up an interesting dilemma. If you abort your child then they end up in heaven with a 100% certainty, and you can pray your way up later. Isn't it therefore more optimal to always abort?
There is something wrong with that baby.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8453 on: February 24, 2018, 03:17:26 pm »

"If you ask Christ into your heart, you will see your baby in heaven"

In the context of abortions.  That is terrifying.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #8454 on: February 24, 2018, 03:32:00 pm »

idk about you guys, but I can't wait to see a non-sentient wad of anus tissue after I die
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #8455 on: February 24, 2018, 03:39:13 pm »

Presumably heaven would be full of people at the height of their health, or what the height of their health would have been had they survived long enough. Otherwise the place would have an awful lot of dying elderly in it.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 04:23:00 pm by AzyWng »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #8458 on: February 24, 2018, 08:48:30 pm »

I am so glad I found this thread.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #8459 on: February 24, 2018, 11:37:33 pm »

Faith makes some people create some weird ass shit. And I say that as someone who still counts as faithful. O.o
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 879