Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 598 599 [600] 601 602 ... 665

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: 10101 bits and counting  (Read 540272 times)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 9244 snickers and counting
« Reply #8985 on: August 06, 2018, 05:16:44 am »

The fact that they are yellow is naturally more important than the actual material.
No. They appear as "insulated gloves" if you color them yellow, but they do not insulate if you just colored them yellow. I learned it the hard way when someone gave me "free insulateds". I was low on health and went into crit and died. Trolling at its finest.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Did you know that cats that have mysteriously disappeared from home can come back after a few months without warning?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8986 on: August 06, 2018, 05:56:11 am »

The fact that they are yellow is naturally more important than the actual material.
No. They appear as "insulated gloves" if you color them yellow, but they do not insulate if you just colored them yellow. I learned it the hard way when someone gave me "free insulateds". I was low on health and went into crit and died. Trolling at its finest.
[/joke]

You can also recolor insulateds to hide the fact that you're running around with insulated gloves. I was a bit of a derp though, and picked red for my first time doing this. Red has special flavor text where they come out as "red insulated gloves", rather than actually hiding anything.

And there are of course other gloves that are naturally different colors and that insulate against electric shocks just as well as the traditional yellows. Doesn't change the fact that getting hit by a mid-air electrical arc should in no way be less damaging just because you're wearing rubber hand protection.

...how the hell does grounding even work on a space station anyways?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8987 on: August 06, 2018, 06:38:53 am »

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8988 on: August 06, 2018, 06:42:53 am »

[/joke]

You can also recolor insulateds to hide the fact that you're running around with insulated gloves. I was a bit of a derp though, and picked red for my first time doing this. Red has special flavor text where they come out as "red insulated gloves", rather than actually hiding anything.

And there are of course other gloves that are naturally different colors and that insulate against electric shocks just as well as the traditional yellows. Doesn't change the fact that getting hit by a mid-air electrical arc should in no way be less damaging just because you're wearing rubber hand protection.

...how the hell does grounding even work on a space station anyways?
When I was playing a purple lizardperson, I colored the gloves purple and nobody noticed because they had the same color as my hands. SS13 is full of little tricks like that.

I also had fun hiding banana peels under large and innocuous items such as fire extinguishers and toolboxes. People didn't notice the peels until they slipped.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Did you know that cats that have mysteriously disappeared from home can come back after a few months without warning?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8989 on: August 06, 2018, 07:29:30 am »

Try and get your hands on some 0 potency banana peels. They're absolutely miniscule, so you can hide them under nothing more than a sheet of paper. Additionally, since the slip power is determined by potency, the slip they provide is so weak that the person never actually falls down... But it does play the sound and anyone walking over the peel will immediately hurl whatever they're holding out in front of them as if they had slipped.

EDIT: Actually relevant to the thread:
Quote from: Those who know, know
Kronar's blade sang! Not a catchy tune, but it got stuck in a few peoples' heads.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8990 on: August 06, 2018, 06:34:02 pm »

Somebody necro'ed an old thread, and the image doesn't display anymore:

Fix is in place:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks, I see why people come to these forums for help now.

Gee, thanks for your "help". :P
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. Was this inevitable (Y/y)?

Cinder

• Bay Watcher
  • This machine kills fascists.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8991 on: August 06, 2018, 07:01:10 pm »

EDIT: Actually relevant to the thread:
Quote from: Those who know, know
Kronar's blade sang! Not a catchy tune, but it got stuck in a few peoples' heads.
๋Jellena better ready her axe 'cause she got competition.
If you teleport to your bed, it's alcohol.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8992 on: August 07, 2018, 03:34:16 am »

Somebody necro'ed an old thread, and the image doesn't display anymore:

Fix is in place:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks, I see why people come to these forums for help now.

Reminds me of the time in India when I met a hammer.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • The brochure sure didn't mention any of this shit.
    • View Profile

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody cared who I was until I found Sub-Wikis
    • View Profile
« Reply #8994 on: August 09, 2018, 09:59:23 am »

Broken 'helpful' images, the cousin of "I PM'd you the solution" and "nvm I fixed it"
Also the brother of fixes that were hosted only on Megaupload
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8995 on: August 09, 2018, 10:46:28 am »

Broken 'helpful' images, the cousin of "I PM'd you the solution" and "nvm I fixed it"
Also the brother of fixes that were hosted only on Megaupload

I've been looking at some issue reports on GitHub recently. Gotta love when people file an issue titled "(X) is broken to shit, fix it" and the report body is just "See title".

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8997 on: August 09, 2018, 11:05:54 am »

OK may have started as an 1800's meme
I always knew Oklahoma was just a big joke...

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8998 on: August 09, 2018, 11:07:10 am »

Not that OK, OK as in Okay  :P (I couldn't tell if you knew that and were joking, or if you are being serious)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8999 on: August 09, 2018, 11:21:26 am »

Not that OK, OK as in Okay  :P (I couldn't tell if you knew that and were joking, or if you are being serious)
I am always serious.

Seriously funny, that is...

...Yeah, I once had a waiter ask me if my girlfriend and I were expecting, because I was making so many dad jokes.
Pages: 1 ... 598 599 [600] 601 602 ... 665