Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1546074 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 8900 chortles and counting
« Reply #9000 on: July 27, 2018, 04:59:13 pm »

Well yeah, English likes to be awkward. You can row a row of boats while rowing, but nobody will quite know what you mean.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9001 on: July 27, 2018, 05:03:18 pm »

Well yeah, English likes to be awkward. You can row a row of boats while rowing, but nobody will quite know what you mean.

Well, until they get into a row that is.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9002 on: July 27, 2018, 05:15:08 pm »

The rowing rowers rowed while they they rowed by the rowing rowers

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9003 on: July 27, 2018, 05:28:33 pm »

Bill Burr explained his idea for genocide, and while it was absolutely hilarious...

... I kinda think someone should do it.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #9004 on: July 27, 2018, 10:57:48 pm »

""We found that when one person called the other a Nazi, the subject’s mind was immediately changed, no matter what topic was being discussed, almost every time,” a Purdue rep told reporters. “More respectful tactics like trying to listen to the person’s perspective, using logic, appealing to emotions, pointing out fallacies, or merely agreeing to disagree were almost totally ineffective, but as soon as any of the subjects played the Nazi card, their dialogue partner was almost instantly swayed to their way of thinking.”

“The data is clear: calling someone a Nazi is a persuasive, compelling way to communicate ideas,” he added.

According to university researchers, screaming at the top of your lungs that the person you are conversing with is “literally Hitler” is similarly effective."

"Trump affirms belief in inerrancy of Trump"

"Satan claims responsibility for kale"

"Ken Ham Ejected From Theater For Yelling ‘WRONG’ Every Time ‘Jurassic World’ Actors Say ‘65 Million Years’"

From that article: "Reports confirm Ham was charged with disorderly conduct and faces jail time of up to 6 literal days."

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9005 on: July 27, 2018, 11:56:32 pm »

"Ken Ham Ejected From Theater For Yelling ‘WRONG’ Every Time ‘Jurassic World’ Actors Say ‘65 Million Years’"

Matched by this one:

"Neil DeGrasse Tyson Obnoxiously Points Out Scientific Inaccuracies At ‘Avengers’ Screening"

The trouble began when an exposition-heavy scene revealed that the film’s plot revolved around the collection of a set of “infinity stones” which could threaten humanity’s very existence.

“Actually, stones are simply aggregates of various types of minerals, and could not possibly contain the kind of infinite power indicated in this film,” Tyson said loudly, drawing glares from those sitting around him. “This is ridiculous.”

Tyson also balked at the physics of Iron Man’s suit, Spider-Man’s web-slinging, and the portals created by Dr. Strange. The scientist even loudly scoffed when Thor came onscreen, whispering to a friend that “gods don’t exist.”

“Furthermore, the very notion of a ‘spider-man’ flies in the face of evolutionary biology,” Tyson added before booing loudly at a scene in which a vacuum is created by a breach in the side of a spacecraft.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 12:00:43 am by Reelya »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9006 on: July 28, 2018, 12:25:37 am »

the "stones" thing is almost perfectly in character for him, god damn

https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/704330815321210884?lang=en

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 9244 snickers and counting
« Reply #9007 on: July 29, 2018, 10:01:01 pm »

Quote from: Massive Chalice loading screen
Remember to curse loudly when your alchemist throws fire on your favorite hero.
Bit late, but good advice.

The game also spawned my team two squares away from a cluster of 5 suicider-bombers.  But it's fine, I happen to have a glut of alchemists.  Time for some wildly inaccurate SCIENCE
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9008 on: July 29, 2018, 10:04:43 pm »

The game also spawned my team two squares away from a cluster of 5 suicider-bombers.  But it's fine, I happen to have a glut of alchemists.  Time for some wildly inaccurate SCIENCE
The soundtrack for that game was done by an excellent crew. I recommend looking them up.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9009 on: July 31, 2018, 10:54:55 pm »

Quote from: Tales of Herding Gods, chapter 33
Granny smiled, "Don’t think too much. We are all normal people in the village. We are all so poor that we are struggling to make ends meet. In addition, we are all disabled elderly, thus everything is normal in our ordinary village. If you suspect that Mute’s chest is full of sword pellets, you might as well suspect that the water cauldron at that corner is also a treasure!"

Qin Mu looked at the water cauldron that she talked about. The cauldron was placed under the roof of the workshop to collect the rainwater, however, the weird thing was that Qin Mu had never seen the water cauldron being filled to the brim before. No matter how big the rain was, the water cauldron was always half full!

Furthermore, the water in the cauldron had never run out as well much less being completely empty. Mute used buckets and buckets of water during blacksmithing and yet the water in the cauldron remained the same!

Granny Si saw the doubt in his eyes and felt that her example was wrong, and immediately corrected herself, "You wouldn’t think that the broken pots outside Apothecary’s door are also treasures right?"

Qin Mu looked at the broken pots outside Apothecary’s door. Unknown herbs were planted in the broken pots, along with some little insects like spiders, silkworms, and centipedes.

When the village was flooded just now, some water had gotten into the pots causing a few bugs to crawl out and started fighting on the pot. Suddenly a black spider flew into a fury and its body lit up on flames. The spider then grew into a size of a table and started spewing fire at the other little bugs. Amidst the flames, a few golden silkworms grew wings and became a foot long. They then flew out of the flames and started biting the spider’s body.

Apothecary stuck out his head and chided, causing the bugs to immediately shrink back to their tiny bodies and stay well behaved in the pot.

Qin Mu suspicion grew as Granny Si gave a force smiled and mumbled, "These are all normal occurrences, and nothing unordinary about it…"
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9010 on: August 01, 2018, 01:56:31 pm »

Quote from: Tales of Herding Gods, chapter 33
Granny smiled, "Don’t think too much. We are all normal people in the village. We are all so poor that we are struggling to make ends meet. In addition, we are all disabled elderly, thus everything is normal in our ordinary village. If you suspect that Mute’s chest is full of sword pellets, you might as well suspect that the water cauldron at that corner is also a treasure!"

Qin Mu looked at the water cauldron that she talked about. The cauldron was placed under the roof of the workshop to collect the rainwater, however, the weird thing was that Qin Mu had never seen the water cauldron being filled to the brim before. No matter how big the rain was, the water cauldron was always half full!

Furthermore, the water in the cauldron had never run out as well much less being completely empty. Mute used buckets and buckets of water during blacksmithing and yet the water in the cauldron remained the same!

Granny Si saw the doubt in his eyes and felt that her example was wrong, and immediately corrected herself, "You wouldn’t think that the broken pots outside Apothecary’s door are also treasures right?"

Qin Mu looked at the broken pots outside Apothecary’s door. Unknown herbs were planted in the broken pots, along with some little insects like spiders, silkworms, and centipedes.

When the village was flooded just now, some water had gotten into the pots causing a few bugs to crawl out and started fighting on the pot. Suddenly a black spider flew into a fury and its body lit up on flames. The spider then grew into a size of a table and started spewing fire at the other little bugs. Amidst the flames, a few golden silkworms grew wings and became a foot long. They then flew out of the flames and started biting the spider’s body.

Apothecary stuck out his head and chided, causing the bugs to immediately shrink back to their tiny bodies and stay well behaved in the pot.

Qin Mu suspicion grew as Granny Si gave a force smiled and mumbled, "These are all normal occurrences, and nothing unordinary about it…"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9012 on: August 01, 2018, 05:32:43 pm »

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9013 on: August 02, 2018, 06:11:46 am »

Homeopathic Reiki Practitioner: Someone who makes you feel better when they wave their hand at you, and the effect is increased the farther away they are.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9014 on: August 02, 2018, 06:36:28 am »

The soundtrack for that game was done by an excellent crew. I recommend looking them up.

I downloaded and started up another game of Massive Chalice this morning. I had forgotten how good the soundtrack was - not Battletech good, but good.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 879