Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1546095 times)

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 9244 snickers and counting
« Reply #9165 on: August 30, 2018, 11:27:15 pm »

I'd love it if he was banned for at least a month and warned.
Shouldn't you be banned, too, then? You did facilitate the derails by engaging him in them and even sometimes with the same insulting, snarky manner.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9166 on: August 31, 2018, 12:09:03 am »

*meow* *peck peck peck*

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9167 on: August 31, 2018, 12:16:37 am »

Can I be banned too plz

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9168 on: August 31, 2018, 12:18:11 am »

Can I be banned too plz
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Yes.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9169 on: August 31, 2018, 01:43:28 am »

I'd love it if he was banned for at least a month and warned.
Shouldn't you be banned, too, then? You did facilitate the derails by engaging him in them and even sometimes with the same insulting, snarky manner.
He always started them. And I at least tried to be civil. Fairly sure Toady is keeping an eye on him already.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9170 on: August 31, 2018, 03:05:49 am »

Alternatively, don't grab the bait. Just because something is there doesn't mean you need to yell at it. Cockatoos are not the best role models.

I know that I'm hardly a paragon of that particular tactic, as I have been known to physically start sweating when trying to contain my vitriol after someone on Facebook slaps down blatant clickbait or a bible verse they don't understand in order to claim the high ground, but still...

Remember kids; say yes to drugs, say no to internet arguments. DARE to be apathetic.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #9172 on: August 31, 2018, 06:28:15 am »

Remember kids; say yes to drugs, say no to internet arguments. DARE to be apathetic.

Why not say "no" to both? My experiences with drunk people/family members alone made me into a teetotaler.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9173 on: August 31, 2018, 07:09:09 am »

Quote from: YouTube Comments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnKl4064vEo
Here I stand beneath the warm and soothing rain
The chocolates falling gently down on the terrain
Can't un-hear.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9174 on: August 31, 2018, 12:27:32 pm »

I'm pretty sure you could, it'd just take sufficiently careful brain surgery. Think I got an ice pick and some rubbing alcohol I could mail you, somewhere around here...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9175 on: August 31, 2018, 09:03:48 pm »

The 19th century equivalent of running a sentence through google translate multiple times: https://publicdomainreview.org/collections/english-as-she-is-spoke-1884/

Some examples:
Take that boy and whip him to much.
Take care to dirt you self.
Will you fat or slight?
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9176 on: August 31, 2018, 09:40:17 pm »

The 19th century equivalent of running a sentence through google translate multiple times: https://publicdomainreview.org/collections/english-as-she-is-spoke-1884/

Some examples:
Take that boy and whip him to much.
Take care to dirt you self.
Will you fat or slight?
I like how Mark Twain said the book was the most absurdly perfect thing ever.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9178 on: September 01, 2018, 04:33:46 am »

Why not say "no" to both? My experiences with drunk people/family members alone made me into a teetotaler.
Only because you were sober at the time, silly. Plus, a lot of people can't hold their liquor and wind up acting like rude jerks when they are drunk, as opposed to loveable jokesters like myself.

Worry not, though - teetotallitis... teetotalling... erm... teetotalitarianism can, in fact, be cured! All hope is not lost for you. Believe it or not, I once suffered from the same affliction, yet I was able to overcome it and blossom into the wonderful, fearless, resourceful substance-abuser I am today.

The above ramble has been brought to you by lack of sleep, lots of coffee and plentiful procrastination.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 04:35:22 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #9179 on: September 01, 2018, 05:20:45 am »

Only because you were sober at the time, silly. Plus, a lot of people can't hold their liquor and wind up acting like rude jerks when they are drunk, as opposed to loveable jokesters like myself.

Worry not, though - teetotallitis... teetotalling... erm... teetotalitarianism can, in fact, be cured! All hope is not lost for you. Believe it or not, I once suffered from the same affliction, yet I was able to overcome it and blossom into the wonderful, fearless, resourceful substance-abuser I am today.

The above ramble has been brought to you by lack of sleep, lots of coffee and plentiful procrastination.
Nope, booze will not magically cure my schizophrenia and anti-social behavior*. Sure, I'll feel warm, happy and euphoric, but once the alcohol wears off, I'll return to harsh reality of living in this world, realizing that I've wasted my rubles to buy some vilely-smelling drinkable drug beverage.

*My "anti-social behavior" is more of me being afraid of forgetting things during the conversation than a contact with the other people. I was pretty chill and relaxed when I visited psychologist, for example.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 879