Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1544641 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 9244 snickers and counting
« Reply #9315 on: October 02, 2018, 07:16:59 pm »

"Also, in life, I was a secret Remainer. That is all."
>secret
INSURANCE VOIDED

Although as an aside, in the referendum I was a net +1 Remain votes just based off of all the voters I got to the polls, it's 66D underwater anatolian microtonal dance dance revolution: If you lose the referendum you win.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9316 on: October 02, 2018, 09:47:11 pm »

Antifurries tend to be more annoying than furries. Which is why I am neutral, to distance myself from both sides. But meanwhile, I do not hate either of those.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 09:54:44 pm by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9317 on: October 02, 2018, 11:26:28 pm »

In the last superhero-themed tabletop I played, my character made fart noises with his mouth anytime the big villain tried to monologue about his plot. We blew him up eventually without ever hearing his motives and by the end he was stuttering he was so pissed about it.

At once point I wasn't in the room but I could see him, so I got on his spaceship intercom and did it.

The GM was highly amused. Good times with The Fwoosh, Speedster Extraordinaire.
This made me do a laffo. :))   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #9318 on: October 03, 2018, 10:56:42 am »

Closed practical test today that was supposed to force you to use a divide and conquer algorithm. Unfortunately, the examiner neglected to test either that it couldn't be brute forced or solved analytically.

I sat down, worked out the equation, and had an answer in 15 minutes (it was a 3 hour prac). A guy I know brute forced it in similar time.

I cracked up as soon as I was out of the building.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9319 on: October 04, 2018, 06:33:15 am »

I figure that most stories about a RP group that demonizes either the GM or a group of players are completely fabricated. They're just normal stories with an added OOC layer for tension or whatever. Or just to shit on furries.

I've been reading r/rpghorrrorstories lately and my favourite metagame is trying to guess which stories are made up and which are true.
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9320 on: October 04, 2018, 07:08:31 am »

Ooh I should take a look at that.

Edit: o...kay, I just came across the BDSM Settlers of Catan game story. o_o    I think my WTF gauge is filled for the evening.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 08:01:33 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9321 on: October 04, 2018, 09:08:24 am »

Some of the background conversations in Witcher 3 are quite clever. Some of the foreground ones as well.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9322 on: October 04, 2018, 09:40:57 am »

Ooh I should take a look at that.

Edit: o...kay, I just came across the BDSM Settlers of Catan game story. o_o    I think my WTF gauge is filled for the evening.
Pfff I need to read that.  I couldn't find it on /r/rpghorrorstories/ but it was easy to find with google via archived /tg/ post.

"[My friend] Sanguinatus, whom I mistakenly had thought was named Thomas, said"
"I looked at the young woman, realizing that I hadn't been introduced to her, and was about to ask her name.  Plouton cut me off, by asking me what I thought about infinity."

Yeah this is really funny, pretty cleverly written.  It's obviously made up, and the abusive relationship is used as shock value and mocks actual BDSM, but 50 Shades got away with it so why not :P

There had better be wood puns
Edit:  There were no wood puns and it got really, really dark.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 09:44:54 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #9323 on: October 04, 2018, 09:41:11 am »

Some of the background conversations in Witcher 3 are quite clever. Some of the foreground ones as well.

Are you able to show this to us?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9324 on: October 04, 2018, 10:22:40 am »

You're gonna make me do the "BLOTA HIMMEL" thing again aren't you
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9325 on: October 04, 2018, 10:35:54 am »

Yeah this is really funny, pretty cleverly written.  It's obviously made up, and the abusive relationship is used as shock value and mocks actual BDSM, but 50 Shades got away with it so why not :P
Apparently it quickly becomes very clearly unrealistic to anyone who's played Settlers of Catan before. I haven't though, so I was able to maintain at least a shred of suspension of disbelief.

Also that subreddit on a whole is pretty entertaining! A lot of the stories are horribly gross, though.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9326 on: October 04, 2018, 01:07:06 pm »

You're gonna make me do the "BLOTA HIMMEL" thing again aren't you
Y'know, funny thing, I honestly had no clue what you were going on about before. I hadn't even made it to Skellige yet, although I had already heard about the mysterious and exotic regions of "Faroe", "Larvik", and "Lofoten"... I've been taking an extremely ponderous route through the game thus far.

Anyways, it's more just walking around on your way to some quest or another and getting caught off-guard by random snippets, such as...

Beggar 1: "I trusted a woman once... Would've given my right hand for her."

Beggar 2: "What happened?"

Beggar 1: "I don't fuckin' have my right hand no more, that's what happened."

Or a little Python reference from a particular ex-leper bemoaning the loss of his profitable career thanks to an overly philanthropic healer...

What prompted me to make a post singing the writing's praises was this small exchange between a strumpet and her patron...

Man: "Now, eh, the war's been rough on all of us, so... Give us a go for half-price?"

Lady: "Hmph. Half price means I only take half o' me clothes off. But, you're a regular, so you get to choose which half..."

Man: "In that case, I choose the front!"

As for more interactive conversations, there are the trolls. The trolls are amazing. I wouldn't be able to do them justice by transcribing their thinky thoughts here... It makes me sad to kill their rabid cousins out in the wilderness, but such is life in these desperate times.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9327 on: October 04, 2018, 04:54:38 pm »

Apparently it quickly becomes very clearly unrealistic to anyone who's played Settlers of Catan before. I haven't though, so I was able to maintain at least a shred of suspension of disbelief.

Only a geek would review that story "not a realistic depiction of Settlers of Catan"

You know what that reminds me of, a true story. Field & Stream magazine once reviewed "Lady Chatterley's Lover" focusing on the most important parts:

Although written many years ago, Lady Chatterley's Lover has just been reissued by the Grove Press, and this pictorial account of the day-to-day life of an English gamekeeper is full of considerable interest to outdoor minded readers, as it contains many passages on pheasant-raising, the apprehending of poachers, ways to control vermin, and other chores and duties of the professional gamekeeper. Unfortunately, one is obliged to wade through many pages of extraneous material in order to discover and savour those sidelights on the management of a midland shooting estate, and in this reviewer's opinion the book cannot take the place of J. R. Miller's ''Practical Gamekeeping.''
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 04:56:56 pm by Reelya »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9328 on: October 07, 2018, 04:44:29 am »

Was reading a decent attempt at a road-band-gets-together-and-kills-stuff book. They were offered cake in a kobold-cave, and the kobold in question scuttled off into the dank interior. The warrior, looking crestfallen, said "the cake was a lie."
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 879