Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1546974 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today
« Reply #4230 on: December 10, 2015, 06:13:43 am »

I take it that's the equivalent of someone going 'My god, WATER IS WET!'

Pretty much.

It's more like saying:

"It is very important to know what is causing this condition, because knowing that strongly affects what their long term prospects for recovery are."

Captain obvious indeed.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today
« Reply #4231 on: December 10, 2015, 06:22:30 am »

I take it that's the equivalent of someone going 'My god, WATER IS WET!'

Pretty much.

It's more like saying:

"It is very important to know what is causing this condition, because knowing that strongly affects what their long term prospects for recovery are."

Captain obvious indeed.
You're only a year late to that party,
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: Chainsaw hat
« Reply #4232 on: December 10, 2015, 08:27:55 am »

Eh, I've been later to parties before.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #4233 on: December 10, 2015, 10:44:46 am »

No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: December 10, 2015, 01:32:24 pm »

Fragnostic plays "Emily wants to play"

Deadpan british snark goes so well with horror games. Also plenty of imaginative cursing thrown around so be warned :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: December 10, 2015, 01:41:06 pm »

Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: December 10, 2015, 03:00:22 pm »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: December 10, 2015, 03:40:56 pm »

mtg just got really brutal
The fun part is, by the rules a player may only sacrifice something they currently control. To activate that ability, the card's controller must remove themself (no opponent) from the table and go to their graveyard. Hm, I wonder if it's tournament legal to use a remote drone to play...

:P
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: December 10, 2015, 03:41:34 pm »

Not a problem if you're playing 2hg.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: December 10, 2015, 04:28:37 pm »

*pulls out knife* "Sorry buddy, you've only got a little life left."

"What are you talking about, I'm perfectly healthy"

"I meant in the game."
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: December 10, 2015, 10:27:49 pm »

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: December 11, 2015, 05:47:09 am »

I have come to the conclusion that the most MLG possible game would be one set in the trenches of World War One, with protagonist being a series of generic infantrymen. 

After all, the only possible ways of getting a kill are to use a sniper rifle without a scope, and to stab with a knife.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: December 11, 2015, 05:54:04 am »

Don't forget blindly-thrown grenades. Because nothing says 'MLG skill' like killing someone without even knowing they're there.

Also, while cannabis wasn't very common in the trenches, various amphetamines were. "Snort Meth Erry Day"?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: December 11, 2015, 06:19:07 am »

Don't forget blindly-thrown grenades. Because nothing says 'MLG skill' like killing someone without even knowing they're there.

Also, while cannabis wasn't very common in the trenches, various amphetamines were. "Snort Meth Erry Day"?

FTFY :V

Though notably, grenades weren't really around in any great quantity until later in the war.

The first couple missions would basically just be a succession of protagonists getting like one kill before either dying to machinegun fire, artillery, or one of the obligatory aimbot-like NPCs.

After that, you could allow the player some heroism, maybe a turret segment or something where you and some buddies use a painfully-slow-firing maxim gun to murder an overwhelming onslaught.

Then, later in the game, you fight Frenchmen with semi-automatic rifles, Austrians with grenades, and Germans with submachineguns, all of which nobody else has, and it just gets really unpleasant.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 06:20:47 am by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: December 11, 2015, 06:46:07 am »

FTFY :V

Though notably, grenades weren't really around in any great quantity until later in the war.

The first couple missions would basically just be a succession of protagonists getting like one kill before either dying to machinegun fire, artillery, or one of the obligatory aimbot-like NPCs.

After that, you could allow the player some heroism, maybe a turret segment or something where you and some buddies use a painfully-slow-firing maxim gun to murder an overwhelming onslaught.

Then, later in the game, you fight Frenchmen with semi-automatic rifles, Austrians with grenades, and Germans with submachineguns, all of which nobody else has, and it just gets really unpleasant.
Don't forget Murricans with shotguns. Germany actually accused USA of human rights violations for using them, they were *that* effective.

By the way, there totally is a recent WWI MP shooter, it's called Verdun.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 879