Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 583 584 [585] 586 587 ... 663

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: 10101 bits and counting  (Read 538504 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • Never stabs friends, promise!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 8900 chortles and counting
« Reply #8760 on: May 29, 2018, 02:21:41 pm »

Black bears are actually pretty shy and easily startled, and will typically run away from humans if you just dont corner them. That video of a cat surprising a black bear from behind a bush and having it run away is typical behavior. Its american brown bears (grizzly bears) that fuck your shit up if you startle them at close range or seem even remotely like youre not backing down. Theyll avoid you, sure, but they fucking hate surprises.
"THEN CAME TOBNOM, ASS-GOD".
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #8761 on: May 29, 2018, 02:37:40 pm »

Heh, yeah.  When my mom and I went hiking Montana (which was awesome, such mountains... much vertical) we sang a lot of silly songs when going around corners or in thick trees.
I actually sang some Carmen Miranda space-songs, heh.  That was a good trip.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • Foo, bar, quux, baz...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8762 on: May 29, 2018, 03:37:31 pm »

Apparently SCO once tried to defend themselves against allegations of misleading advertising by claiming that 'the First Amendment allowed it'.
He he he.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 06:38:20 pm by Eschar »
"Continue struggling, laws of physics be darned."
 - NRDL
"What, are you stupid or something? Every one of the snake's bones is crushed! Its internal organs are torn apart! There is no way you can - (6) You resuscitate the snake."
- Gatleos

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody cared who I was until I found Sub-Wikis
    • View Profile
« Reply #8763 on: May 30, 2018, 09:02:23 am »

The media was freaking out about a steam game called 'Active Shooter', to the point where it got pulled.

Looking at it, its just some incredibly lazy CS asset flip developed by some nothing Russian dev team.
Sure its in poor taste, but the real crime is how much of a garbage game it looks.
It has a goddamn zombie survival mode
Nobody would have known or cared about this game. Now tons of folks know about this game
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • The brochure sure didn't mention any of this shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8764 on: May 30, 2018, 09:36:29 am »

Even bad publicity is good publicity, I guess???

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8765 on: May 30, 2018, 04:36:47 pm »

The media was freaking out about a steam game called 'Active Shooter', to the point where it got pulled.

Looking at it, its just some incredibly lazy CS asset flip developed by some nothing Russian dev team.
Sure its in poor taste, but the real crime is how much of a garbage game it looks.
It has a goddamn zombie survival mode
Nobody would have known or cared about this game. Now tons of folks know about this game

Hell man, most student-made games look a heap better than that. In fact, in a statement the developer refers to themselves as "I" not "we". It's one guy who doesn't even have the design chops of a typical first-year student at an art or design school. e.g. he clearly used UE4 or similar engine, but for that he can't even use the basic UI element tools properly that come bundled with such engines. Even the stupidest UE4 or Unity dev can make an 100 times better looking UI with the cut and paste type tools.

The media had to basically ignore how home-made that game looks in order to hype it and the campaign against it. And it's not hard to put it in context: just google "student made shooter games" and you'll see hundreds of slicker-looking games than that. You're right, "Active Shooter" wouldn't have even been a thing unless people kicked a stink.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 04:40:25 pm by Reelya »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8767 on: May 30, 2018, 08:27:18 pm »

Googling nep nep (happy thread subtitle) took me down the rabbit-hole

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cla5dJGEenU

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 12:28:18 pm by AzyWng »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8769 on: May 31, 2018, 01:50:02 pm »

Adam Jensen says "Yeah, RIP."

EDIT: Also, guy gets killed twice. Somehow.
Ahh, Dark Messiah... Damn good game. Damn terrible voice acting.

Speaking of the voice acting, however... I messed around with the console a few times to determine who had the funniest "falling down a chasm" screech of the spawnable NPCs.

As it turns out... Wizards. It's absolutely wizards. The friendly wizards that help you out in all of 1 mission or so. The ones who you will never normally be able to hear falling down a large drop.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8770 on: May 31, 2018, 02:37:27 pm »

The voice clips I heard from Dark Messiah didn't seem that bad to me. Though, of course, since it's Rabbit, the lines seem to be more comedic than dramatic.

Nothing quite like hearing someone shouting "Show some skill before I kill you!" before they get kicked into a fire.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8771 on: May 31, 2018, 02:57:51 pm »

The voice clips I heard from Dark Messiah didn't seem that bad to me. Though, of course, since it's Rabbit, the lines seem to be more comedic than dramatic.

Nothing quite like hearing someone shouting "Show some skill before I kill you!" before they get kicked into a fire.

Pretty much the entirety of the intro (including most of the tutorial, leading up to that scene those clips are from) is awful, both because the namby protagonist is named Sareth, and because Master Phenrig couldn't sound imposing if he were twenty feet tall and made out of brass.

Also he mispronounces "impale" as "impel". Who the fuck does that?

Later you meet Leanna, who is... Mostly bad, but there are a couple moments were emotions might be involved. Even relevant ones!

If you're used to schlock fantasy LARPer dialogue though, you should be fine.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • How are you a cop again?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8772 on: May 31, 2018, 05:00:45 pm »

Besides. You don't play Dark Messiah for the story or voice acting. You play it to kick enemies into chasms or cover them in oil and set them on fire. Regular melee combat is a bit of a slog, unfortunately, so once you run out of stamina things get less enjoyable.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8773 on: May 31, 2018, 05:04:05 pm »

You can also pick up magery, use the freeze spell on the floor to create an icy puddle, then use telekinesis on anyone who slips on it.

Characters ragdoll when slipping, meaning they're no longer blocked by TK's "no living creatures" pickup rules. You can freely yoink someone with no adrenaline, and then either toss them off a cliff, lazily place them on a spike rack, or even just repeatedly bonk their head into a wall until they die.

Or firetrap people off of ledges. That never gets old...

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • How are you a cop again?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8774 on: May 31, 2018, 05:13:51 pm »

I know what I'll be doing next play-through then. In my first run I wanted to be a mage but got side-lined by all of the good bow/armour/weapons and multi-classed instead. So pure magic will definitely be interesting.
Pages: 1 ... 583 584 [585] 586 587 ... 663