Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 878

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1530678 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 8900 chortles and counting
« Reply #8805 on: May 28, 2018, 10:19:26 am »

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8807 on: May 28, 2018, 10:31:47 am »

Are there actually 3000 steam achievements?
There are other "games" out there with over 10,000 achievements. The achievement icons are basically just the alphabet plus a few symbols in an array of backgrounds and colors so that you can spell things out with your achievement showcase on your profile. You earn several dozen achievements within a few seconds of play.

It's generally the only reason to ever bother purchasing the damn thing, and the devs are oftentimes fully aware of this.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8808 on: May 28, 2018, 11:36:05 am »

It is doxxing, because its attaching an online account to a real person.
So with the passing of TB a couple of days ago a whole slew of utter shitlords holding a grudge but being too spineless to to anything about it while he was alive are coming out of the woodwork to talk shit. While that whole thing us fucking disgusting to see, one part of it resulted in an extremely sick burn of the asshat in question.

This is my lol.  Giant fucking content creator sics his audience on a tiny content creator like Zoe Quinn... while having the comments on his youtube channel turned off perpetually.  Don't step into the ring if you can't take a hit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 11:37:37 am by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8809 on: May 28, 2018, 12:08:32 pm »

To be fair, a tame black or brown bear isn't that different from a really big dog in behaviour. They're generally too wild to have as a pet that you take on walks and such, but having one in an enclosed habitat (not a cage, it needs to be very large and enriching) can be fairly safe if you know what you're doing.
I thought they were a bit too solitary to have the kind of social pack behavior that makes dogs/wolves as cooperative as they are.

Pretty sure the Russians just get them drunk off their fuzzy asses in order to pacify them.

Bears can be trained as, well, I wouldn't say pets exactly, but companions and performers. I wouldn't try it as a non professional. They're like big cats in that sense, trainable but very time intensive. And one wrong move can end in bad things.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8811 on: May 29, 2018, 02:21:41 pm »

Black bears are actually pretty shy and easily startled, and will typically run away from humans if you just dont corner them. That video of a cat surprising a black bear from behind a bush and having it run away is typical behavior. Its american brown bears (grizzly bears) that fuck your shit up if you startle them at close range or seem even remotely like youre not backing down. Theyll avoid you, sure, but they fucking hate surprises.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8812 on: May 29, 2018, 02:37:40 pm »

Heh, yeah.  When my mom and I went hiking Montana (which was awesome, such mountains... much vertical) we sang a lot of silly songs when going around corners or in thick trees.
I actually sang some Carmen Miranda space-songs, heh.  That was a good trip.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #8813 on: May 29, 2018, 03:37:31 pm »

Apparently SCO once tried to defend themselves against allegations of misleading advertising by claiming that 'the First Amendment allowed it'.
He he he.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 06:38:20 pm by Eschar »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #8814 on: May 30, 2018, 09:02:23 am »

The media was freaking out about a steam game called 'Active Shooter', to the point where it got pulled.

Looking at it, its just some incredibly lazy CS asset flip developed by some nothing Russian dev team.
Sure its in poor taste, but the real crime is how much of a garbage game it looks.
It has a goddamn zombie survival mode
Nobody would have known or cared about this game. Now tons of folks know about this game
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8815 on: May 30, 2018, 09:36:29 am »

Even bad publicity is good publicity, I guess???

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8816 on: May 30, 2018, 04:36:47 pm »

The media was freaking out about a steam game called 'Active Shooter', to the point where it got pulled.

Looking at it, its just some incredibly lazy CS asset flip developed by some nothing Russian dev team.
Sure its in poor taste, but the real crime is how much of a garbage game it looks.
It has a goddamn zombie survival mode
Nobody would have known or cared about this game. Now tons of folks know about this game

Hell man, most student-made games look a heap better than that. In fact, in a statement the developer refers to themselves as "I" not "we". It's one guy who doesn't even have the design chops of a typical first-year student at an art or design school. e.g. he clearly used UE4 or similar engine, but for that he can't even use the basic UI element tools properly that come bundled with such engines. Even the stupidest UE4 or Unity dev can make an 100 times better looking UI with the cut and paste type tools.

The media had to basically ignore how home-made that game looks in order to hype it and the campaign against it. And it's not hard to put it in context: just google "student made shooter games" and you'll see hundreds of slicker-looking games than that. You're right, "Active Shooter" wouldn't have even been a thing unless people kicked a stink.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 04:40:25 pm by Reelya »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8818 on: May 30, 2018, 08:27:18 pm »

Googling nep nep (happy thread subtitle) took me down the rabbit-hole

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cla5dJGEenU

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile