Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 600 601 [602] 603 604 ... 878

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1530574 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 9244 snickers and counting
« Reply #9015 on: August 02, 2018, 08:19:57 pm »

Quote from: Tales of Herding Gods, chapter 148
The little fox asked curiously, "Bull Two, you actually know how to control wind."

The green bull smiled, "What's so hard about controlling wind? I'm a species of dragon and controlling the tempest is my innate ability. You'll know when you look at my skin. Aren't my green skin and hair similar to the green dragon? My ancestor is the green dragon. It's not something you little demons could be compared to!"

He was very arrogant. His bloodline made him much different from the other strange beasts. If he met other strange beasts, he could just use his dragon's might to intimidate the opponent and turn them docile.

Hu Ling'er stroke his scalp and his cowskin was glossy and extremely thick. His skin had astonishing defense and the dragon's scales on his neck were also dazzling to the eyes. She exclaimed in admiration, "Bull Two, your skin must be worth a lot of money."

The green bull stumbled and immediately shut its mouth
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9016 on: August 03, 2018, 07:29:41 am »

In the episode of Star Trek I just watched there was a ship disguised as a Star Fleet vessel, and the main characters were on it's bridge, but then it was revealed to be an illusion, and it was really the bridge of an alien ship, which was supposed to be far more advanced that a Starfleet vessel.

... the funny thing was that when the illusion was removed, one of the futuristic looking Star Fleet chairs on the bridge was revealed in it's alienesque majesty - a basic modern office swivel chair on 5 casters (you know the usual arrangement), and complete with that knobby thing out the side that you use to adjust the seat height. It's pretty funny to think of super-advanced aliens having to manually adjust their cheap shitty chairs while flying their UFO.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 07:36:26 am by Reelya »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9017 on: August 04, 2018, 03:37:06 pm »

A few minutes ago I spilled soda on my keyboard. After I got done cleaning it, my browser's address bar reads precisely:
" oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi"
Apparently my keyboard is British. I'm surprised there weren't any other letters or break in the pattern.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9018 on: August 04, 2018, 04:00:00 pm »

Either that or it's summoning the spirit of microsoft sam going soi soi soi soi soi soi soi

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9019 on: August 04, 2018, 07:32:48 pm »

It's a football hooligan :o

English, obviously
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #9020 on: August 04, 2018, 11:08:48 pm »

Why didn't you unplug your keyboard before cleaning it? Even if the soda didn't do immediate damage, the cleaning process can spread it around and risk damaging the device, and in the case of poorly-made electronics, you.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9021 on: August 05, 2018, 07:02:45 am »

Either that or it's summoning the spirit of microsoft sam going soi soi soi soi soi soi soi
It's a football hooligan :o

English, obviously
That, or it's just the backing track of T.N.T.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9022 on: August 05, 2018, 05:22:29 pm »

Why didn't you unplug your keyboard before cleaning it? Even if the soda didn't do immediate damage, the cleaning process can spread it around and risk damaging the device, and in the case of poorly-made electronics, you.
The soda poured inside the keyboard and I was trying to clean it ASAP by shoving tissue paper in between the keys.

I hardly think a USB keyboard is going to pose an electrical threat. Internet says USB is around 5 volts max.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 05:25:36 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9023 on: August 05, 2018, 07:29:42 pm »

IIRC amps are what kills you. 2 billion volts at .1 amp might fuck you up but 1 volt at 10 amps will kill you.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9024 on: August 05, 2018, 08:04:23 pm »

I believe electricians are taught the 1-10-100 rule: 1mA you can feel, 10mA will hurt, 100mA will kill you.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9025 on: August 05, 2018, 08:13:07 pm »

IIRC amps are what kills you. 2 billion volts at .1 amp might fuck you up but 1 volt at 10 amps will kill you.

2 billion volts at .1 amp will kill you deader 'n shit sure as shootin, that's 200 megawatts of power surging through you, and .1 amps is definitely enough to get through the skin

the thing is, even amperage that is barely sufficient to get past the skin will kill you if voltage is high enough, it's not so simple as "amps kill"

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9026 on: August 05, 2018, 08:48:36 pm »

Doesn't voltage determine if it will get through your skin? Tesla coils are high voltage, and that's what causes them to arc through air.

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #9027 on: August 05, 2018, 08:55:35 pm »

The main factors determining whether a shock is potentially lethal or not are a) the current path through the body, and b) how much the current is limited by the resistance of skin, tissue, and whatever else is in the circuit (I=V/R).
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9028 on: August 06, 2018, 12:29:15 am »

I remember hearing of some navy guy who tried to measure the voltage of the blood and such of a human body, so he stabbed himself with the detector he had been given, and then died from his heart stopping because of the electricty

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9029 on: August 06, 2018, 12:31:49 am »

I remember hearing of some navy guy who tried to measure the voltage of the blood and such of a human body, so he stabbed himself with the detector he had been given, and then died from his heart stopping because of the electricty
I'm not sure that story's real tho. My electrician uncle said a 9v battery like the one that powered the device in the story can't kill you like that.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 600 601 [602] 603 604 ... 878