Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 878

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1530868 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 9244 snickers and counting
« Reply #9045 on: August 09, 2018, 09:59:23 am »

Gee, thanks for your "help". :P

Broken 'helpful' images, the cousin of "I PM'd you the solution" and "nvm I fixed it"
Also the brother of fixes that were hosted only on Megaupload
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9046 on: August 09, 2018, 10:46:28 am »

Gee, thanks for your "help". :P

Broken 'helpful' images, the cousin of "I PM'd you the solution" and "nvm I fixed it"
Also the brother of fixes that were hosted only on Megaupload

I've been looking at some issue reports on GitHub recently. Gotta love when people file an issue titled "(X) is broken to shit, fix it" and the report body is just "See title".

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9048 on: August 09, 2018, 11:05:54 am »

OK may have started as an 1800's meme
I always knew Oklahoma was just a big joke...

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9049 on: August 09, 2018, 11:07:10 am »

Not that OK, OK as in Okay  :P (I couldn't tell if you knew that and were joking, or if you are being serious)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9050 on: August 09, 2018, 11:21:26 am »

Not that OK, OK as in Okay  :P (I couldn't tell if you knew that and were joking, or if you are being serious)
I am always serious.

Seriously funny, that is...

...Yeah, I once had a waiter ask me if my girlfriend and I were expecting, because I was making so many dad jokes.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9051 on: August 09, 2018, 12:34:10 pm »

Just a small indie dev studio who can't afford to properly test all of the cards they're introducing.

What makes it sad is the fact that he took about a day or two to find these bugs, so it means they either don't test properly or can't be fucked to fix what they find to be broken, even if it is marginal shit that's rarely going to happen, having consistancy in both mechanics and code is generally a good thing ffs.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9052 on: August 09, 2018, 12:41:38 pm »

I am always serious.

Seriously funny, that is...

...Yeah, I once had a waiter ask me if my girlfriend and I were expecting, because I was making so many dad jokes.

I hope they were well tipped.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #9053 on: August 09, 2018, 10:58:09 pm »

Played a game of Starbound with a friend I was introducing to said game. This friend likes to explore and try bold new things, whereas I'm more of a steady-as-she-goes professional type. He gets a hard-on for the ropes & grapple system, loving to swing around caves, and winds up dying a couple times but still comes back laughing all the while.

Well, I had us both upgraded to Grapple Guns; a faster version of Ropes. We decided to scale the gigantic wall to the right of the Ark door on the asteroid outpost; if you've played, you probably know what I'm talking about. After some frustration where we fell a couple times trying to time it right, we nailed it, and both got up to the top of the ancient ruins. We ran along the roof gazing in awe at the starscape, then found that where our area to walk ended, a sheer wall dropped down into space.

Well, not quite.

What my friend realized was that he could swing with the grapple along the underside of the asteroid the outpost was on.I never would have realized this if he hadn't gone exploring there. I never would have followed his stupid ass swinging under the asteroid like a suicidal maniac, screaming in the mic when I narrowly missed a shot while he kept laughing. But there I was, following him like a freaking lemming, clinging to meteoric rock for dear sweet life.We finally found our way all the way to the other side of the asteroid. There were some interesting things down there, but I won't spoil them for you intrepid explorers. Suffice to say that I had a good, long, healing laugh about it for hours afterwards. And it was all thanks to my friend's heart attack-inducing tendency To Boldly Go where No Ape Has Gone Before.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9054 on: August 10, 2018, 02:53:47 am »

It is indeed interesting to see just how differently people like to play games... Had some fun experiences with that myself.

Skyrim:

My buddy: "I must progress the storyline and find out what happens!"

His wife: "I must collect all the things and achieve 100% completion!"

Me: "If I shimmy a bit onto this rock while crouched, standing up will put my head through the ceiling and I can see outside of the world!"

Needless to say, both of them got progressively more irritated with watching me play the way I did.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9055 on: August 10, 2018, 03:54:10 am »

It's like in DF. Some people kill everything in sight for fun, some like roleplaying, some like questing, and some are a combination of the three.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9056 on: August 10, 2018, 04:16:59 am »

All three, here. Though with an emphasis on roleplaying and killing.

That does not speak well for my sanity.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #9057 on: August 10, 2018, 10:35:41 am »

Played another wacky game of Starbound. This time, my bold friend discovered that, if he built a skyscraper-sized tower into the air that reached high enough, he could get to outer space.

Yes, you read that right. It is possible to get into space above a planet, and you can find asteroids up there that sometimes have minerals in them you can harvest. It's a good source of meteoric rock.

This prompted a deep-space exploration where we grappled between asteroids until we couldn't climb any higher. Then we started back from the bottom of the skyscraper, only this time, on opposite sides of it; I found out that he'd taken the time to build an obstacle course of sorts there to make grappling fun, so that we could see who reached the top first. I won. xD

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9058 on: August 10, 2018, 11:02:41 am »

I love your avatar, and it made me laugh :D
I haven't played Starbound yet, but I used to follow the thread so I knew about the asteroids.  Sounds like a lot of fun!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9059 on: August 10, 2018, 09:47:10 pm »

The subtitle “Horse snorts, continues urinating”
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 878