Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 605 606 [607] 608 609 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1541500 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 9244 snickers and counting
« Reply #9090 on: August 18, 2018, 06:10:12 am »

I usually turn the volume to whatever number sounds right, unless its has the number 9 in it, the number 9 can go to hell.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9091 on: August 18, 2018, 06:20:34 am »

I find it very difficult to remember 7 and 4. They get mixed up very easily in my head, meaning that if a number includes a 7 or 4 in it, I have to write it down ot get it wrong.  This is most inconvenient at work.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9092 on: August 18, 2018, 07:35:55 am »

For girlfriend, it *must* be a multiple of five, preferably a multiple of ten.

Unless the number ends on 8, because that is her lucky number and is thereby an exception.

I'm just happy so long as it's a real number.
I prefer my laptop's volume at 23+5i
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9094 on: August 20, 2018, 12:12:27 pm »

https://www.reddit.com/r/ProgrammerHumor/comments/98761o/i_made_volume_slider_where_its_hard_to_select/
I'm convinced that this maniac was involved in making the volume sliders for several programs I've encountered.

In other news, today I ran into a Car Salesman meme variant that actually caught me by surprise and made me chuckle. I feel dirty.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #9095 on: August 20, 2018, 02:23:26 pm »

A woman, using the arcane powers of Tinder, managed to bamboozle a whole bunch of thirsty guys into a ridiculous hunger games competition for a 'date' the other day.

http://gothamist.com/2018/08/20/dudes_duped_in_tinder_scam.php
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9096 on: August 20, 2018, 02:57:51 pm »

Thats really cruel and weird, actually. And sad, for everyone that showed up expecting an actual date.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9097 on: August 20, 2018, 03:50:10 pm »

Jesus, that's really sad... I mean, I've been played before, but nothing like that. That's really kind of the point though, there aren't many people shitty enough to go through with doing something like that.

And then that gloating update later about the "toxic hurt masculinity". Lady probably needs that many guys, that ego is clearly too much for one person to handle.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9098 on: August 20, 2018, 04:23:19 pm »

Thats really cruel and weird, actually. And sad, for everyone that showed up expecting an actual date.
It's surprising just how many lustdrunk lads actually put themselves through the indignity of playing her game though. Not that surprising, mind, but you'd think even the desperate would have dignity

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9099 on: August 20, 2018, 04:32:51 pm »

One thing is desperation, another thing is pride. You've got the guys desperate enough to give it a shot, and the guys so confident in their own worth and ability that they know they're going to win.

Basically, you successfully narrow it down to all the people you don't want to be dating.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #9100 on: August 20, 2018, 05:02:18 pm »

Turns out that some viral video marketing guy was behind the whole thing.

I don't know if that makes it any better
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9101 on: August 20, 2018, 05:26:17 pm »

Jesus, that's really sad... I mean, I've been played before, but nothing like that. That's really kind of the point though, there aren't many people shitty enough to go through with doing something like that.

And then that gloating update later about the "toxic hurt masculinity". Lady probably needs that many guys, that ego is clearly too much for one person to handle.

Toxic "masculinity" because you're upset about being double-dated? That's a clear double-standard right there. Imagine if you did that to some women, then tried to blame them for being upset. It's nothing to do with toxic "male pride" here, it's basic human dignity and respect. Anyone male or female would feel hurt by this.

This is a kind of gender stereotyping, because men are labeled "unfeeling" and told that it's a male failing that they're unable to express their emotions, but then when men do express any sort of negative emotions, that's "toxic" thus not deserving of sympathy. This gender stereotyping of men that goes on really reduces compassion, because you can just label all guys as unfeeling brutes so no matter what shitty stuff happens to them, it's all good. Half your dick fell off? That's just male ego and women have it worse. And I'm not even making that up:

One article on Jezebel was about how surgery for prostate cancer leaves you with a penis that's shorter, and note the first comment, discussion, in which someone mocks men for having a "preoccupation with penis size" after starting the thread by saying how women with breast cancer have it worse. Imagine hijacking an article on breast cancer by opening with "excuse me, but prostate cancer is worse".
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 05:42:07 pm by Reelya »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9102 on: August 22, 2018, 12:25:36 am »

Sorry for the double post, but this one's actually funny (the last post wasn't)

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/08/congressman-blames-son-for-spending-1300-in-campaign-funds-on-steam-games/

Update: August 21, 2018 In a 47-page indictment today, federal prosecutors formally charged Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-Calif.) and his wife Margaret with wire fraud, falsifying records, campaign finance violations, and conspiracy involving $250,000 of campaign funds. That includes $1,528.68 spent "at Steam Games on video games" in 2015, according to the criminal complaint.

Outside of gaming, Hunter gained national notoriety in February for vaping from an e-cigarette during a House hearing debating a ban on vaping in planes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9103 on: August 22, 2018, 04:57:14 am »

$1500 for one game? Guess he got DCS World with most of the DLC(which is currently over $1600 for all DLC).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9104 on: August 22, 2018, 05:00:34 am »

It clearly says "games", plural, throughout the article. Though the wording "at Steam Games on video games" does sound like they don't quite know how the whole publishing platform thing works.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 05:03:25 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 605 606 [607] 608 609 ... 879