Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 878

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1530457 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 9244 snickers and counting
« Reply #9435 on: November 15, 2018, 01:45:10 pm »

Just finished Project Warlock, which is a nice little game, but the real reason I came here is because of the name of the final boss...

TURBOSATAN

It's just silly and random enough that I had to pause the game so I could laugh properly.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9436 on: November 16, 2018, 09:46:35 am »

Just finished Project Warlock, which is a nice little game, but the real reason I came here is because of the name of the final boss...

TURBOSATAN

It's just silly and random enough that I had to pause the game so I could laugh properly.

Turbosatan, Megalucifer, Hypershaitan, Ultradevil
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9437 on: November 16, 2018, 11:05:14 am »

Turbosatan, Megalucifer, Hypershaitan, Ultradevil

Ubercifer?
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9438 on: November 16, 2018, 03:45:45 pm »

Uberdeciever

You only thought it was turbosatan!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9439 on: November 17, 2018, 12:56:08 am »

Gigafan, Titaperkele
Love, scriver~

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9440 on: November 17, 2018, 06:59:35 am »

Megalucifer sounds like a particularly terrifying shark...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9441 on: November 18, 2018, 03:08:16 pm »

Megalucifer sounds like a particularly terrifying shark...
It's the unabbreviated form of "the Meg."
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9442 on: November 18, 2018, 09:13:01 pm »

Wasnt that the shark movie released recently? Was it terrible enough to be called "the meg, by Lucifer, because fuck humanity?" I would never pay to see such tripe, of course, and i kinda just assumed it was as awful as it was regularly advertised.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9443 on: November 19, 2018, 01:34:47 pm »

I've already had it spoiled for me that Jason Statham does not, in fact, punch a Megalodon.

Waiting for Netflix. Give us what you know we want, Hollywood, gawwwwwwd
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9444 on: November 19, 2018, 07:07:21 pm »

Wasnt that the shark movie released recently? Was it terrible enough to be called "the meg, by Lucifer, because fuck humanity?" I would never pay to see such tripe, of course, and i kinda just assumed it was as awful as it was regularly advertised.
I heard it was actually pretty good. Didn't see it though.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9446 on: November 23, 2018, 12:55:59 am »

I'm watching the original V TV series (1980s) and man, is this thing full of some dumb writing.

The show is about space lizards who wear fake human skin to blend in as humans. Now, two humans had infiltrated the alien mothership, and when they were recognized as resistance fighters they basically said, "but we're lizards too" and pulled off their human-masks to show lizard heads underneath. Then, after the baddies let them go, then they hid, and pulled off their lizard-masks to reveal their same human heads underneath.

Now, is it just me, but if you're going to wear two layers of masks why would you make the outer-layer look like your own head? Surely it would have been safer to just make the outer mask look like a different person in the first place? This is about the level of the writing, no wonder it was canceled.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 12:59:55 am by Reelya »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #9447 on: November 23, 2018, 01:00:16 am »

Maybe it's not actual masks, but their faces have alternating layers that they have no conscious control over. You pull off the old lizard layer, revealing the newer human layer underneath. You know, like orges but with faces.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9448 on: November 23, 2018, 01:13:49 am »

... and later in that episode they recover some secret data from the aliens. You knew it was high-tech alien stuff because it was on a 3.5" floppy disk rather than the 5.25" floppy disks the humans use. I guess at the time this was made 3.5" disks were uncommon stuff so passed for some magical super-tech. No expense spared in television.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9449 on: November 23, 2018, 01:39:24 am »

Maybe it's not actual masks, but their faces have alternating layers that they have no conscious control over. You pull off the old lizard layer, revealing the newer human layer underneath. You know, like orges but with faces.

Edit: Dammit I can't get the gif to gif. Have a link to to it instead

« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 01:41:05 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 878