Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1541665 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 9701 skittles and counting
« Reply #9465 on: November 25, 2018, 04:09:59 am »

Oh. I stopped scurving the high seas many years ago and now I'm too intimidated by it to start again ;)
Love, scriver~

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #9466 on: November 25, 2018, 09:41:47 am »

Yeah...

Putting aside any feelings and emotions you may have about the act of piracy, it's not always a safe thing to do. There's more than a few people out there willing to post fake torrents that contain adware or malware.

I've learned that the hard way more than a few times.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9467 on: November 25, 2018, 10:22:36 am »

There's more than a few people out there willing to post fake torrents that contain adware or malware.

Some times, I would like to know what goes on in the heads of those whom does this. What motivates them?
Is it simply to spread as much of it as possible? Or just want to get cheap laughs of some random person who made a poor decision?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 10:28:03 am by Ultimuh »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9468 on: November 25, 2018, 10:29:35 am »

There's more than a few people out there willing to post fake torrents that contain adware or malware.

Some times, I would like to know what goes on in the heads of those whom does this.
Is it simply to spread as much of it as possible? Or just want to get cheap laughs of some random person who made a poor decision?

This is the internet we're talking about here; the natural environment of trolls and lulz. For everything that exists, there is someone who thinks that drawing little penises on it is the highest form of cultural advancement.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9469 on: November 25, 2018, 01:39:10 pm »

The more likely explanation is that they wrote the adware/malware and they want those sweet sweet username/password combinations.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9470 on: November 25, 2018, 05:59:22 pm »

If you take basic precautions, there's very little risk in using torrents to [LEGALLY ACQUIRE LICENSED PRODUCTS]. A scan of the file, a VPN, a virtual sandbox to run it in, some firewall configuration if applicable, and basic internet literacy are almost always enough in even high-risk situations like recently released software, let alone an obscure video file that's likely been making the rounds for upwards of a decade or more.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 06:02:07 pm by UrbanGiraffe »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9471 on: November 25, 2018, 06:17:37 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
pathetic

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9472 on: November 25, 2018, 07:55:34 pm »

Quote from: Taken from a Youtube comment somewhere
Creepy Story:

My daughter woke me around 11:50 last night. My wife and I had picked her up from her friend Sally's birthday party, brought her home, and put her to bed. My wife went into the bedroom to read while I fell asleep watching the Braves game.

"Daddy," she whispered, tugging my shirt sleeve. "Guess how old I'm going to be next month."

"I don't know, beauty," I said as I slipped on my glasses. "How old?"

She smiled and held up four fingers.

It is 7:30 now. My wife and I have been up with her for almost 8 hours. She still refuses to tell us where she got them.

Is it bad I found this funny and not particularly horrifying?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9473 on: November 25, 2018, 08:28:16 pm »

Nah, I don't think so, because it's a wonderful joke, though quite dark?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9474 on: November 26, 2018, 05:32:23 am »

Oh hey, it's another Slimebeast creepypasta.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9475 on: November 27, 2018, 03:51:22 pm »

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9476 on: December 01, 2018, 07:32:20 am »

So I've been hearing that the Red Dead Redemption 2 Online beta has been opened up to early adopters of the hilariously expensive game, and Rockstar recently released an announcement about the feedback they've been receiving and what can make the experience better.

The body of the announcement was hints and tips for new players, like "Make sure to put time into customizing your unique character!", and had nothing to do with the received feedback.

Someone commented on some of the feedback that has been coming in, including "Economy's fucked, yo". Apparently, a tin of peas in RDR2's version of 1899 California cost $1.25 per each. Which conflicts very slightly with the information from this random Google result, showing the average price for a quart of peas to be around $0.08 for that time period.

That's dry beans, though. I suppose it's possible that the act of steeping, cooking, and hermetically sealing them could increase prices by roughly 1500%.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9477 on: December 01, 2018, 07:35:17 am »

People should be glad Rockstar doesn't actually charge 1.25 for a can of virtual peas.  Honestly not completely convinced they wouldn't.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #9478 on: December 01, 2018, 11:43:49 am »

People should be glad Rockstar doesn't actually charge 1.25 for a can of virtual pEAs.  Honestly not completely convinced they wouldn't.

FTFY

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9479 on: December 01, 2018, 11:47:59 am »

GTA Online is a thing you know, and it is a shitty cashcow trough and trough. As shit as EA is, let's not pretend like they're some gold standard of shit, since every single of the big name studios/publishers choose to be greedy shitlords given the slightest chance.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 879