Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646] 647 648 ... 878

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1530371 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 9701 skittles and counting
« Reply #9675 on: March 09, 2019, 09:00:43 am »

Honestly, I am shocked at the number of people that do not understand the value of a good savory meat pie. 

OR, for that matter, the number that fail to appreciate that traditional puddings are not the "congealed starch goop" that is purveyed as pudding here in the states, and can in fact, be salty and savory as well. (See for instance, authentic Yorkshire Pudding, made with beef drippings.)   

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9676 on: March 09, 2019, 10:21:04 am »

Or maybe Herr Chickens was taking issue not with the concept of savory pies, but rather with the man's arousal over liver and chonk jelly.

Also,

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9677 on: March 09, 2019, 11:04:24 am »

Savory pies are optimal pies. Jellified fat, liver and kidney chunks sounds about as appetising as making a pie from the scrapings of an unwashed biker bar urinal.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9678 on: March 09, 2019, 11:17:27 am »

Silly Mr Chickens.. Urinals don't contain pies, they contain CAKES! :P

Whoever heard of a savory cake?  Such nonsense! :P

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9680 on: March 09, 2019, 11:24:14 am »

What do nearly naked muscular men, rubbed in shiny oil have to do with the culinary arts!?

Next I suppose you will mention the unholy (and totally inedible!) monstrosities that are "crab cakes" and "Fish cakes", no?  I bet you would!  Those aren't "Savory", those are "Disgusting." very different things entirely! :P

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #9682 on: March 09, 2019, 01:22:02 pm »

If people enjoy a thing, it's probably because it's good and you could enjoy it too if you approach it with the right mindset.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9683 on: March 09, 2019, 01:42:35 pm »

If people enjoy a thing, it's probably because it's good and you could enjoy it too if you approach it with the right mindset.
Ever tried paan?

Lots of people enjoy that shit. Doesn't make it any less horrid.

That said, I'm definitely the kind of person who eats offal and fatty bits. But I also like veggie fillings, so I think roundboii there can take a chill pie.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #9684 on: March 09, 2019, 01:49:50 pm »

People enjoying some food/etc thing is pretty much the only metric for if it's good or not so... people enjoying pretty much does make it any less horrid.

Anyway I'd like one meat pie and one veggie pie and one fruit pie please thanks. No point in hating on things you dislike.
Like ginger pie. Gross. People like it tho.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9685 on: March 09, 2019, 02:06:36 pm »

What do nearly naked muscular men, rubbed in shiny oil have to do with the culinary arts!?

Next I suppose you will mention the unholy (and totally inedible!) monstrosities that are "crab cakes" and "Fish cakes", no?  I bet you would!  Those aren't "Savory", those are "Disgusting." very different things entirely! :P

Do your smileys help you sleep at night, you monster?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9686 on: March 09, 2019, 02:34:55 pm »

Do your smileys help you sleep at night, you monster?

as a matter of fact, they do!

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9687 on: March 11, 2019, 01:17:09 am »

Could also go in WTF thread, but today I randomly stumbled upon some of George W. Bush's paintings (a hobby of his I wouldn't expect). Here's an example:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9688 on: March 11, 2019, 02:36:31 am »

Pie causes outrage, destabilizes the foundation of honest pastry competitions. More at 11.
That was hilarious. Almost as hilarious as that Piers Morgan dickhead throwing a massive shitfit upon being confronted with a vegan sausage roll.
I kinda want one of those pies, now... oh well, at least I have an excellent vego bakery just down the road with its own selection of tasty, tasty pastries.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9689 on: March 11, 2019, 05:39:54 am »

Spoiler: I lol'd (click to show/hide)

everyone knows that the *REAL* evil scientists aren't trying to design death rays; they are on the payroll of oil conglomerates, tobacco firms, biotech seeds, and artificial sweetener manufacturers.

AND-- Rather than gloat about some plan to doom all life on earth, they instead spend countless hours fussing over how they can tweak their data just right so it meets their employer's pre-existing conclusions and conditions.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 05:48:02 am by wierd »
Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646] 647 648 ... 878