Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 708 709 [710] 711 712 ... 878

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1530650 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 10101 bits and counting
« Reply #10635 on: April 09, 2020, 11:09:12 am »

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10636 on: April 09, 2020, 04:29:11 pm »

Quote from: Steel: A Symphony of Industry (1938 industry film)
Now they are preparing to tap a furnace at the base, where they may draw off as much as a hundred tons of molten iron at a time. An oxygen torch burns into a clay-plugged hole. But no chance for injury on this job! That asbestos suit and helmet would protect from any stray sparks or spatters!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10637 on: April 09, 2020, 04:54:34 pm »

Quote from: Steel: A Symphony of Industry (1938 industry film)
Now they are preparing to tap a furnace at the base, where they may draw off as much as a hundred tons of molten iron at a time. An oxygen torch burns into a clay-plugged hole. But no chance for injury on this job! That asbestos suit and helmet would protect from any stray sparks or spatters!
and the only side effect is poisoning! Brilliant idea!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10638 on: April 09, 2020, 06:12:58 pm »

Nah, the asbestos fibers just get in your lungs and don’t come out, fucking your lungs up forever.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10639 on: April 10, 2020, 12:38:50 am »

My new computer is set up. It's gorgeous. It's blazing fast. It's probably the nicest single item I own--it's definitely the most expensive.

I have zero games that are worthy of the specs. Just Fallout 4 and Skyrim (special edition) and I already played those to death--FO4 on Xbox, Skyrim on the OG version.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #10640 on: April 10, 2020, 12:41:26 am »

I remember getting a fancy new monitor and the first thing I used it for was playing a roguelike.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10641 on: April 10, 2020, 08:39:27 am »

I remember getting a fancy new monitor and the first thing I used it for was playing a roguelike.

Atari emulator.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10642 on: April 10, 2020, 11:37:27 am »

Get an emulator written in DOS then run that in DosBox.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10643 on: April 10, 2020, 11:41:02 am »

My new computer is set up. It's gorgeous. It's blazing fast. It's probably the nicest single item I own--it's definitely the most expensive.

I have zero games that are worthy of the specs. Just Fallout 4 and Skyrim (special edition) and I already played those to death--FO4 on Xbox, Skyrim on the OG version.

But can it run a three hundred dwarf fort on a 6x6 embark?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #10644 on: April 10, 2020, 01:38:50 pm »

https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/fmoy2q/the_humans_do_have_some_strange_cavalry/
Am I the only one who didn't know about this bug, because it is hilarious.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10646 on: April 10, 2020, 03:28:24 pm »

https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/fmoy2q/the_humans_do_have_some_strange_cavalry/
Am I the only one who didn't know about this bug, because it is hilarious.

I know that sometimes animals are considered members of a civ, which I would assume is what is causing this.

Edit: On-topic. Fairly specific to the US, but I'm guessing you can come up with a localization easy enough.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 04:06:14 pm by Iduno »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10647 on: April 10, 2020, 04:21:22 pm »

Oh I get it, ‘cause Da Bears suck.

I was sad when what’s-his-face left. The name escapes me. Guy had a smoking meme named after him, he always looked stoned and/or drunk and/or otherwise messed up on drugs. QB.

Edit: Jay Cutler!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10648 on: April 10, 2020, 05:36:23 pm »

Oh I get it, ‘cause Da Bears suck.

I was sad when what’s-his-face left. The name escapes me. Guy had a smoking meme named after him, he always looked stoned and/or drunk and/or otherwise messed up on drugs. QB.

Edit: Jay Cutler!

I'm sure most people who follow sport have had that bonding experience with a group, where everyone is yelling "you suck" at someone on the team they like.

Which reminds me of the idiot that used to be catcher for the Minnesota Twins who was making millions and said the fans don't get to complain when he's playing badly. I hope that ends up on his gravestone, so he can't escape the shame of being that far up his own ass even in death.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10649 on: April 10, 2020, 06:28:33 pm »

Joe Mauer? He’s the only Twins catcher I know, though. He was good enough that they were trying to move him to a different position so he could play more, anyway.

That was a few years back though, I onoy really follow the Brewers, and even then not that closely.

Pages: 1 ... 708 709 [710] 711 712 ... 878