Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 716 717 [718] 719 720 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1550841 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 10101 bits and counting
« Reply #10755 on: May 18, 2020, 08:27:20 am »

What's the inattentive student gambit?
Not reading the directions and putting down an answer :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10756 on: May 18, 2020, 08:33:07 am »

What's the inattentive student gambit?
Not reading the directions and putting down an answer :P
i read the instructions, then forgot there was a limit of 3 circles

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10757 on: May 18, 2020, 08:46:55 am »

That works, too. You could probably spin off a forgetful student gambit, I guess...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10758 on: May 18, 2020, 09:01:14 am »

The solution should be
Spoiler: spoilered in pedit (click to show/hide)

I didnt look too hard, but I think thats the right way to do it.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10759 on: May 18, 2020, 09:02:03 am »

it has no civilization to speak of.
Strongest odor: Chicken

Anyways, yeah. So there's a social media site where this chick had a profile text saying that if you were to send her a message, you should include the solution to the math puzzle hidden on her profile in the subject line; to prove you'd actually paid attention and read her profile. Otherwise she'd just delete the message as spam.

There was no sign of math in the rest of her profile text, but one of the publicly-visible photos she'd put up was of that cat puzzle. ...and a couple photos later, a picture of the solution to it.

But I thought that was stupid, so I looked a bit more and found some little offside comment about "living the lifestyle 24/7".

Well, "24/7" is of course a way of saying "24 divided by 7", so I sent her a message (only reason I was interested was because of the mention of a hidden math puzzle) with "3.42857..." in the subject line, and basically just quipped about that being "definitely the math problem you were talking about, right? :D"

Never got a reply, but a day later she updated her profile text to include the line "Yes the puzzle does exist, there are no exceptions".

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10760 on: May 18, 2020, 09:40:23 am »

Speaking of... Would you consider this to be a math problem?

Asking for myself, there's a dumb story attached.

Why is he pleasuring himself to cats, and why is that fact relevant to a puzzle about drawing a venn diagram?

Anyways, yeah. So there's a social media site where this chick had a profile text saying that if you were to send her a message, you should include the solution to the math puzzle hidden on her profile in the subject line; to prove you'd actually paid attention and read her profile. Otherwise she'd just delete the message as spam.

There was no sign of math in the rest of her profile text, but one of the publicly-visible photos she'd put up was of that cat puzzle. ...and a couple photos later, a picture of the solution to it.

Stupid people gatekeeping to keep out dumb people, then giving the answer because nobody who was interested in them was smart enough to figure it out.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #10761 on: May 18, 2020, 09:56:38 am »

Speaking of... Would you consider this to be a math problem?

Asking for myself, there's a dumb story attached.

Why is he pleasuring himself to cats, and why is that fact relevant to a puzzle about drawing a venn diagram?

Stupid people gatekeeping to keep out dumb people, then giving the answer because nobody who was interested in them was smart enough to figure it out.

I think they were just trying to gatekeep people who didn't read their profile.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10762 on: May 18, 2020, 11:56:39 am »

The solution should be
Spoiler: spoilered in pedit (click to show/hide)

I didnt look too hard, but I think thats the right way to do it.
I got that part, but there's an additional trick which I swear I realized on my own (though I didn't bother making the actual perfect circles).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10763 on: May 18, 2020, 12:18:23 pm »

I love the "Strongest Odor: Chicken" as the goblin attempts to flee in terror.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10764 on: May 18, 2020, 03:23:58 pm »

Remember a few days ago when we flew warplanes over cities to waste money that could otherwise be spent improving people's lives, because CORVID?

It gets dumber.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 09:21:53 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10766 on: May 18, 2020, 08:29:46 pm »

Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10767 on: May 19, 2020, 01:33:33 am »

http://freedomnumerals.com/

That is all.

Hey man if that gets them to abandon decimal then we can switch to base-12 then I'm all for it.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 10101 bits and count
« Reply #10768 on: May 19, 2020, 09:32:55 am »

Roman numerals get more spacious the bigger they are, 126 is GXXVI
Roman numerals do not have anything for 0.
There is no standard way of writing fractions in Roman numerals
Out of curiosity I found this, which talks about the various rules for Roman numerals
I wonder if the person writing the article decided to make a new number system? Considering they don’t like the number system used by most of the world (hence why Arabian number system is taught, since most people use it)
I don’t know of other number systems besides Roman numerals, Arabian numerals, and binary, and hexadecimal, (is hexadecimal a number system?)
Well now I’m curious about what, if any other number systems exist that the one who wrote the article would rather schools teach

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10769 on: May 19, 2020, 01:38:15 pm »

Satire on the internet is hard to be sure about, but I'm almost certain that's satire.  The actual knowledge about other counting systems, the silly way they describe their own beliefs... Frankly, the lack of specific fearmongering and slurs.  The line "And as Americans, who are welcoming and not at all xenophobic" sandwiched between bits of over-the-top xenophobia particularly convinced me.

But people actually do believe the world is round, so what do I know?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 716 717 [718] 719 720 ... 879