Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 802 803 [804] 805 806 ... 878

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1530526 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 1223237 views lol
« Reply #12045 on: October 22, 2021, 01:09:21 pm »

someone else remembers Guy Noire!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12046 on: October 24, 2021, 12:30:01 pm »

China is trying (yet again) to create a property tax (starting with a 5 year test period in a few of their largest cities). They tried before, but disagreement within the communist party about it has always blocked it so far.

China. The highest number of billionaires per capita, and also, no property taxes. Oh and slave labour ofcourse. China really is the capitalists' wet dream.
How can they even still call themselves communist?

Even the mother of all capitalist pigdogs, the USA, has property taxes haha.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 12:32:52 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12047 on: October 25, 2021, 03:33:55 am »

"Stealing a free balloon."
-It's rude
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12048 on: October 25, 2021, 08:38:02 am »

China. The highest number of billionaires per capita, and also, no property taxes. Oh and slave labour ofcourse. China really is the capitalists' wet dream.
How can America still call themselves democratic? The most reliable way of ascribing political labels like democracy, fascism, communism, monarchism e.t.c. is self-identification

Even the mother of all capitalist pigdogs, the USA, has property taxes haha.
To make matters more complicated, China splits citizens on their province and class of origin, such that urban and rural peoples from the same or different provinces might expect different levels of access to land ownership or government support

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12049 on: October 26, 2021, 02:48:08 am »

Biden stood around doing a Cornholio impression for several seconds in a recent town hall event.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 02:49:51 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12050 on: October 26, 2021, 12:51:23 pm »

How can America still call themselves democratic? The most reliable way of ascribing political labels like democracy, fascism, communism, monarchism e.t.c. is self-identification

This tweet was deleted a few minutes after being posted, for obvious reasons. Also for obvious reasons, people took screenshots.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12051 on: October 26, 2021, 02:07:24 pm »

I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12052 on: October 26, 2021, 02:22:48 pm »

Yeah, but this guy in particular is far-right for the US. I could go into it, but that's not the right thread.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #12053 on: October 27, 2021, 11:02:00 am »

It does stress how stretched the ideological fabric behind such words has become, however. In the Dresden Files, magical curse rituals are published far and wide because the more often they are used the less force they have, until they become meaningless.

Curses such as 'fascist' have lost much of their power because they're leveled against nearly anyone. The same is true of 'racist' and 'homophobe' and 'misogynist'. From personal experience, I was called racist many times circa 2016. Not because I condemned anyone or judged according to colour or race, but because I voted out of the European Union.

Which is unfortunate, because the term 'racist' means little to me now. I don't trust it without utilising independent research.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12054 on: October 27, 2021, 11:10:24 am »

We had our own here, bourgeois.

We got yelled "Bourgeoisies!!!!" when protested, on foot, against the goverment, from a guy on one of the biggest, fanciest pickup trucks I have ever seen.

It was grounded into a mere slur against anyone not agreeing with the ruling mafia. Oh also fascist of course, even when they are like a dictionary example of fascism.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 11:12:00 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12055 on: October 28, 2021, 01:43:24 pm »

I apparently woke up on my hyper-curious side today. So I embarked on an epic journey to the depths of Turkish Web. I saw cringy memes, clickbaity videos, and alot of other stupid stuff.

But let me be honest, this journey wasn't random. Before all my lazy spelunking, I was of course looking at what American Televangelist crowd was up to, like any self-respecting heathen. After I snarked for about 15 minutes, I began to wonder if there were other, more relatable things to snark.

So I found my way to my destination. It did not dissappoint. It is like what you Muricans have around there, but even bolder in its willfull ignorance and strawmanning. Oh, and there was Islamic rapping, too. In the flavor of Christian rock or Jesus pop. The music was decent, though. A for the effort.

I couldn't help but imagine the following scenario;

And there stood Magmacube, with a shit-eating grin, among the crowd of the unassuming faithful. Spoken to, yet will never be seen.

"lol", said Magmacube. "lmao".
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12056 on: October 28, 2021, 09:49:31 pm »

LW used to post clips of an Islamic TV station or news show, the name of which escapes me, being unapologetically anti-Semitic and misogynistic and homophobic, and probably other awful things too.

But yeah, hatred doesn’t change much regardless who expresses it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12057 on: October 29, 2021, 12:02:58 am »

Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #12059 on: October 29, 2021, 02:14:44 pm »

What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 802 803 [804] 805 806 ... 878