Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 803 804 [805] 806 807 ... 878

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1530603 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 1223237 views lol
« Reply #12060 on: October 29, 2021, 06:47:08 pm »

You do have to realize that in the muslim world, throwing a shoe at someone is THE worst possible insult and offense thinkable.
Like, if we think in the western world that raping and killing someone's family is bad, throwing a shoe is culturally worse in the muslim world.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12061 on: October 29, 2021, 10:13:07 pm »

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12062 on: October 30, 2021, 10:11:48 am »

While I can understand and Messi or whoever is in charge migth have looked into it a bit better is also a two way avenue. Its not the fucking 14th century anymore, they have internet and can look into cultural differences too, and they can also understand that insulting was the least of the intentions there.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12063 on: November 01, 2021, 05:34:28 am »

LW used to post clips of an Islamic TV station or news show, the name of which escapes me, being unapologetically anti-Semitic and misogynistic and homophobic, and probably other awful things too.

But yeah, hatred doesn’t change much regardless who expresses it.
Khemri TV is the new Memri

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12064 on: November 04, 2021, 03:07:44 am »

While I can understand and Messi or whoever is in charge migth have looked into it a bit better is also a two way avenue. Its not the fucking 14th century anymore, they have internet and can look into cultural differences too, and they can also understand that insulting was the least of the intentions there.
A celebrity and his PR team not bothering to research your culture is a bit insulting too. Like, think of it this way, it's like if you have this guy who has been hanging out at your house for like a couple weeks, and he says that he's really enjoying his time hanging out with you, but then as a gift he treats you to an all-you-can-eat shrimp buffet. You have the signs "I have deathly shrimp allergies" hung all over your house which he could've seen in the past few weeks.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #12065 on: November 04, 2021, 05:41:41 am »

Ehh, not really. The shoe thing seems kinda obscure.

It's like having someone in your house for a few days and expecting them to know that you only brush your teeth with a certain toothpaste. Obvious to you. Not so much to them.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12066 on: November 04, 2021, 06:26:43 am »

Also, thing this guy you have at home has made millions of dollars out of shrimp and think is super delicious and just want to share its taste with you, and has poor eyesight and can't read all too well? Would you take it as a insult or would you politely understand its an appreciation gesture?

In football (the real one, not handoval) the shoes of a player, specially one as relevant and skill full as Messi are a big deal and worty a lot of money.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #12067 on: November 08, 2021, 03:56:37 am »

Quote from: me playing around with AI Dungeon
> You look around the store, see if anyone catches your eye.

You walk around the store for a few minutes, peeking into the aisles. You spot a few people, but none of them look to be paying any particular attention to you. You continue to look around, examining the walls. You spot a pendant on a necklace aisle. The pendant depicts an alligator. You take the pendant and try it on. It fits well.

As you are wearing it, you feel a sudden change. You begin to grow in stature, and change into that of a full-grown alligator. All your bones and muscles have grown, and you feel immensely powerful.

> You guess this is your life now. Well, if you're going to be an alligator, you should probably try to figure out how to alligate.

You look all around you, and you notice that you can change form at will.

> You focus your will, and concentrate splitting your form into two separate creatures: The first is your normal self, controlled your mind and your will. The second is a tiny cute little kitten, with its own mind and will separate from yours.

Just concentrate on pushing your mental boundaries, and you begin to feel the strain beginning to pull your mind apart. Your mental defenses give way, and you feel pain begin to run through your mind. You can't fight it, so you release your control over your form, and just allow the kitten to take control.

> You find some yarn to play with.

You decide to take a nap in a comfy chair in the back corner of the store. You close your eyes, and soon you are deeply asleep.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12068 on: November 14, 2021, 02:43:19 pm »

"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12069 on: November 16, 2021, 06:46:15 am »

Love, scriver~

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12070 on: November 16, 2021, 09:01:07 am »

If the correct answer's 25%, then the answer must be 50%, but if the correct answer's 50%, the answer must be 25%... so assume the answer itself is random and take a mean average, that makes the answer 31.25%... but 31.25% isn't on the answer sheet, so that makes it 0%...

buhh. I don' like this ride :'(
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12071 on: November 16, 2021, 11:38:29 pm »

Choose B or C.  Then scratch over A or D, doesn't matter which, and change your answer to whichever of B or C you didn't choose.

yes I'm still salty about the Monty Hall Problem
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12072 on: November 17, 2021, 02:55:47 pm »

The answer is C.  You have a 50% of picking the CORRECT answer randomly, as both 25% answers are correct, but you are not picking the answer randomly, so 50% is correct.
Reminder: Higher levels of math are in fact reading.
Also: Teachers are evil.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12073 on: November 17, 2021, 03:25:40 pm »

The answer is C.  You have a 50% of picking the CORRECT answer randomly, as both 25% answers are correct, but you are not picking the answer randomly, so 50% is correct.
Reminder: Higher levels of math are in fact reading.
Also: Teachers are evil.

But there's only a 25% chance of picking C, not 50%.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12074 on: November 17, 2021, 03:32:22 pm »

I'm curious what the random 60% is doing there.
Pages: 1 ... 803 804 [805] 806 807 ... 878