Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLVIII: In a Galaxy Far Far Away (Scum Victory)  (Read 43763 times)

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVIII: In a Galaxy Far Far Away Day 3
« Reply #300 on: July 28, 2014, 12:30:17 pm »

Oh, BlitzDungeoneer: By the way, this is similar to the mistake I made before in my other BM here. If you're a cop and about to die or lose, make a hard claim. It may not save you, but it will give us some clear and trustworthy information, which is very important now.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 28, 2014, 12:38:10 pm »

Scripten: Nice avoidance, I stopped going for Seath because he made a good case, I'm going for you because you lead the charge against the town cop, though the cop part is negligent as you wouldn't know anyway, you completely avoided my state be ts regarding to the fact you went right for Blitz, and the fact I voted for the extends, you are picking and choosing facts as you see fit.
We should talk about this calmy Scripten.
PFP
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 28, 2014, 01:35:36 pm »

Anailater: That's hilarious. You never stopped going for Deathsword. In fact, you had your vote on him up until the lynch. I would go so far as to say that you did that intentionally to avoid having suspicion cast upon you after the lynch, but it backfired.

As for your extend defense, that's equally ridiculous. You voted to extend here (RIGHT AFTER I DID) and specifically used that to vote for Deathsword. You didn't even make a case. You just went after him and, after he and I called you out on it, you dropped it, but you didn't continue scumhunting.

As for me going straight for Blitz... well, he was scummy. Simple as that. He was obviously a newbie town player who had an important role and didn't know how to protect himself, and thus flailed about. That's fine. Expecting me to know that he was town when he does that is expecting me to have information that I, as a vanilla townsperson, do not have. There were only three votes not on Blitz. Yours, which was on Deathsword, Deathsword's, which was on you, and Frostmoon's, which was on nobody. The evidence you have presented could apply to practically any of us who voted for Blitz.

Now you're just squirming around and trying to put words into my mouth. Not going to work. Your extension defense, if it applies to you, would apply to me, and yet you seem to think I'm scum exclusively because I'm voting you. C'mon, really now?

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 28, 2014, 01:58:57 pm »

Scripten: No I'm going after you because your abrasive, defensive and dodging questions, you still haven't answered why I would stop going after Blitz to go after Death, it's a huge flaw in your read, I didn't change because everyone was already suspicious of me, if I change my thoughts because people ding like them I look suspicious, also if I was so suspicious why did you go after Blitz, who was fumbling even if he was Scum, rather than me?
PFP
((Can I just say out of the game that I'm not actually mad or anything, I'm just really into this!))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 28, 2014, 02:22:52 pm »

Anailater: Abrasive... well, okay, maybe. But you're also dropping tell after tell in response, so I would say it's successful. Defensive? I don't see it. I'm responding to your accusations, because you are pushing them. Dodging questions? REALLY? How? If you have questions, then ask them. Specifically. Clearly. Because right now it's all ambiguity out of you, and that helps no one except for you and your scumbuddy.

Why would you stop going after Blitz? Oh, I don't know...

I know that was directed at Deathsword, but I already answered your question. Plus, nobody said you were threatened. What he said was that you tried to make a case on him while he was absent and, thus, an easy target. That's why I called you out on it, since you're not concentrating on scumminess, but rather the easiest (at the time) lynch target.

As for me going after Blitz and not you...

Deathsword: While I agree with you changing your vote, I question why you would do so this late in the day (Well past the cutoff) when you are risking a no-lynch night.

Already answered, long ago. A no-lynch wouldn't give us any information, and a no-lynch is what we would have gotten if I'd tied up the vote.

((Yep, that's mafia for you. I'm actually having a ton of fun. I love this game. :P And no hard feelings, of course.))

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 28, 2014, 02:31:30 pm »

Scripten: And the easy target respond is still flaky! Lets say im scum, Blitz was just as easy and less risky for me, if I was was Scum and wanted Death dead I would have night lynched him and saved the problems that would make me suspicious and your still ignoring the fact that the guy I was defending was Town! If he was scum I would understand the suspicions but he wasn't, he was so not scum he was Cop, yes he was suspicious so maybe my point of you voting for him was null I'll give you that, but my gut was trustkwrthy that time, can't it be right twice? He'll for all I know we could both be Tkwn and the other two are both laughing at his easy were making it for them.

I propose a pact, we will use both extensions on this day, We are in LYLO we can't risk getting this wrong.
PFP
((I know, this is what I was talking about at the begging of the game with "Broken friendships" and such))
So how are you today?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 28, 2014, 02:35:59 pm »

Scripten: And the easy target respond is still flaky! Lets say im scum, Blitz was just as easy and less risky for me, if I was was Scum and wanted Death dead I would have night lynched him and saved the problems that would make me suspicious and your still ignoring the fact that the guy I was defending was Town! If he was scum I would understand the suspicions but he wasn't, he was so not scum he was Cop, yes he was suspicious so maybe my point of you voting for him was null I'll give you that, but my gut was trustkwrthy that time, can't it be right twice? He'll for all I know we could both be Tkwn and the other two are both laughing at his easy were making it for them.

I propose a pact, we will use both extensions on this day, We are in LYLO we can't risk getting this wrong.
PFP
((I know, this is what I was talking about at the begging of the game with "Broken friendships" and such))
Heyo, anailater: there are no extensions, nor a hard deadline on the day.  Day ends on the conditions stated in the day start post.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 28, 2014, 02:50:11 pm »

PFP

Heh. Stage 4.

Except for the fact that you keep going back and using the fact that you didn't vote for Blitz as a defense. It's blatant, obvious buddying and it looks scummy. No, the more you say, the more I'm convinced. I'd like to see the other players come out and play, too, especially Yobbo and Illgeo, whom are both suspicious. I want to know if I should suspect the active lurker or the bandwagon rider.

((Nah, not a lot of risk of that. The players I've seen take this game super seriously have all left after just a few games, if that.))

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 28, 2014, 03:06:07 pm »

Scripten:Huh weird, I am following that, unfortunately for you I'm not going to accept death when the Galaxy is at stake! Or the game, depends on how roleplayey you are I guess. But his dies buddying make sense in this situation? Seriously explain how this makes sense I don't get it. Also isn't it weird no one else is posting, we're arguing with eachother and there letting it play out.
((But seriously no matter how this plays out I had fun. :) ))
PFP
So how are you today?

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 28, 2014, 03:08:30 pm »

Also I change the pact from both extensions to no shortens, also couldn't you seriously game the system by just changing you votes back and forth?
PFP
So how are you today?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 28, 2014, 03:11:47 pm »

Also I change the pact from both extensions to no shortens, also couldn't you seriously game the system by just changing you votes back and forth?
PFP
Another mod interjection: I have done exactly that, in a game which I ended up losing.  It was LYLO with two inactive townies, me as a townie, and two active scum.

It wasn't fun.  I eventually gave up on the shenanigans and let the game end.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 28, 2014, 03:13:31 pm »

Scripten:Huh weird, I am following that, unfortunately for you I'm not going to accept death when the Galaxy is at stake! Or the game, depends on how roleplayey you are I guess. But his dies buddying make sense in this situation? Seriously explain how this makes sense I don't get it. Also isn't it weird no one else is posting, we're arguing with eachother and there letting it play out.
((But seriously no matter how this plays out I had fun. :) ))
PFP

Okay, so you defend Blitz after there's an extend by attacking the player who's been the least active. He's an easy lynch target and you don't have to build much of a case. Blitz gets lynched, and suddenly you can attack almost any player you please because they just lynched the town cop. Hell, since there's a mafia role cop, you could have known he was the cop from the start, though I'm not banking on that.

And, no pacts, sorry. I don't negotiate with terrorists. :P

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 28, 2014, 04:49:14 pm »

Scripten: Ok lets say I was Mafia, there was only one vote fore extend and time was almost over, I still gain nothing from changing, He'll if I knew he was a cop why would I have changed, you however went for him do its just as likely your scum Role cop who knew he important he was! Your throwing around alot of... Oh god what's the word.... Assumptions! You assume I wanted an easier kill, you assume I'm scum but your acting on feeling just as much as I was, if your not scum your a hypocrit!
PFP
So how are you today?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 28, 2014, 07:59:37 pm »

Request Replacement

Due to real-life issues, I'll have to leave the game. I'll still try to give IC advice until someone replaces me. Don't hesitate to ask questions if you have them.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 28, 2014, 08:22:54 pm »

((Sad to see you leaving, hope its nothing serious! :) Good luck!))
So how are you today?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24