Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLVIII: In a Galaxy Far Far Away (Scum Victory)  (Read 43748 times)

Frostmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just your average eldritch feline. :3
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVIII: In a Galaxy Far Far Away Day 2
« Reply #210 on: July 17, 2014, 03:11:01 pm »

Illgeo:
[Detailed reads]
Hm. I find it interesting that although you believe that "he [Blitz] may be inexperienced town", yet you keep your vote on him. Why is that? Why is it hard to say anything about anailater? What do you mean by "a little harsh" when referring to yobbo?

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 17, 2014, 03:15:29 pm »

I don't know whom else to vote.
I don't have either town or scum reads on anailater.
Yobbo's pressing whom he suspect quite hard.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 17, 2014, 05:26:03 pm »

I'm quite unsure hiw to use this info, as for why my reads didn't have desthsword that has a simple answer, I forgot he was there.... Which actually says slot about hoth me and my view if him.

I am forgetful and my points aren't usually drawn out my posts are usually quite spur if the moment and acting on hug instincts, rather than on long interval debate, which most likely makes me not as trustworthy though go be honest I Chrrently don't suspect Blitz, however Sonething about his last posts make be feel on edge. Like he's actually banking in us going "don't give up you might not be voted!" and using that sympathy to get out of death, hue ever it might be a wrong feeling.
As for my feelings on desthsword I don't have any, he's just another player who helps sometimes... I don't feel particularly strongly about his play.
PfP
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 17, 2014, 06:06:55 pm »

Hmm.

So i expeted a town-Blitz to respond a little differently to my vote and lack of giving questions to easily shrug off.

i also expected a scum-Blitz to react differently :/.

I'm not really sure about this at all, but i still don't have a better alternative to lynching Blitz.

Illgeo: I noticed when looking thru Blitz-related questions that he did actually answer you, but there was a formatting problem so it looked like a quote. This is it with the formatting fixed:
So, Blitz.
Nothing in particular, but some examples would be;
Not participating much without providing a good reason.
Asking suspicious questions.
You're showing everything you said is first day scumtell to you.
Also, you said some people suspicious for you, yet you aren't trying to pressure them.
That's... Not a question. Still, I'll try to answer it.
1. I did provide a reason most of the time though. Namely, blackouts followed by a family gathering.
2. Which questions are suspicious to you?
3. Pressure them? How, exactly? I've literally only played 1 game and never read any, so not entirely certain how I'm supposed to do that.
On a side note, you seemed awfully quick to accuse me of deflecting questions without even telling me which ones. That seems strange, no?
You seemed quite happy to just keep your vote on him but not try to press for answers, or answer these. As you yourself said (in the doublepost part that was the actual question which you didn't quote to Blitz):
Care to explain yourself?

Deathsword: You don't seem at all unhappy with how things currently are. Maybe this seems something like "situation normal" to you? I notice you're not voting Blitz, even tho you were on Day 1, and are still questioning him. Does he seem less scummy to you now than he did then?

Frostmoon:
yobbo:
Yes, when it comes to anailater all i really have against him is Nerjin's opinion, which i'm giving more weight to now that i know Nerjin was definitely town. I'm still pretty convinced by the results of my initial attack (on anailater).

As for how Scripten is directing suspicions… i don't even know. I read back over his recent posts to try to figure out what gave me that feeling, but there's nothing i can point to. It's just a really persistent feeling. I don't think it's enough to go on at all. And i think it could be just that he's trying to get people to be active by saying things like "being active is good for town", and that gives me the feeling that he's also saying "so those who aren't must be scum, hinthint". But it's true that being active is good for town, and important to say it, especially now. I feel silly even typing this all out -.-
Your initial attack on anailater? What makes you feel so confident about it's results? Also, your paragraph on Scripten is not silly. Anything-and I mean anything-that you find suspicious should be noted mentally, even if it mostly consists of gut feeling. Besides, your gut isn't the only one that seems to hate Scripten; using only that, I'd also be fingering him.
I'm just really sure that if anailater was scum who got the first serious vote right off the bat for something that was actually a valid point, then he would have had a different reaction. Much more "oh shit i messed up" and trying to backpedal and fix things. But it didn't feel like that at all. In stead it was exactly how someone would react if they were thinking "i'm town so why is he attacking me? maybe because he's scum?". …Huh. Now there's an example of something that makes more sense when i type it out.

I think you've been fairly clear on your suspicions but would you mind posting your reads on everyone? You've been interacting with everyone so probably have a fairly good idea, even if there's not much to go on.

Frostmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just your average eldritch feline. :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 17, 2014, 07:01:11 pm »

Everyone: Is it just me, or is everyone ambivalent on a Blitz lynch? Few (three, which is less than half) have actually voted on him, and even they seem to be double guess on whether or not we should lynch him. I'm going to throw an extension out now in case you guys decide on gathering more information and extending the day.

anailater: That's actually quite interesting. Why do you not feel strongly about his play?

yobbo: Unfortunately, I don't actually have enough time right now to write up my full reads. However, I can write up some quick reads, if that's okay.

Blitz: I'm rather ambivalent on him; he could be flailing newb town, or he could be flailing newb scum.
Scripten: Ever since your second post, my gut has believed that your scum, despite you actually explaining your alleged evasiveness.
Illgeo: That post about not blindly trusting someone although they look justified stops me from believing your scum, despite your somewhat contradictory day one play.
anailater: I heavily believe he's town, due to his question to me about how not to get night-killed. Why would scum ask that question in a setting where there's no third parties or townies with kills?
yobbo: I also find you to be rather town, due to your heavy scum-hunting. However, it also wouldn't surprise me that much if you were scum instead, so you're hitting about a neutral-townish ranking.
Deathsword: anailater brought up a really good point; Deathsword seems rather forgettable. Aside from the two dead people, I've written up the lowest amount of notes for him. It's starting to make me a tad suspicious of him.

Again, I'm really sorry about how short and uninformative that was, but hopefully it will help. :3

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 17, 2014, 07:30:26 pm »

I anailater the... I think this is the Third agrees with the chosen Extension!

Frostmoon: It's hard to explain, when I made my read list I used a copy of the players at the begging and used that for reference, somehow missing DeathSword, hiw ever there were other things with theorist I had to check, such as the names of the dead but at no point did I remember DeathSword, it's not like he doesn't post it's just like the posts don't hold value.... Or I could be wrong either way.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 17, 2014, 08:49:44 pm »

In case that's only two, Extend.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 17, 2014, 09:15:35 pm »

And so the day was extended!

Day ends tomorrow at 7:00 pm PST

There is one extension left today.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 17, 2014, 09:41:54 pm »

Scripten: Ever since your second post, my gut has believed that your scum, despite you actually explaining your alleged evasiveness.
Illgeo: That post about not blindly trusting someone although they look justified stops me from believing your scum, despite your somewhat contradictory day one play.
anailater: I heavily believe he's town, due to his question to me about how not to get night-killed. Why would scum ask that question in a setting where there's no third parties or townies with kills?

Regarding my answers: I'm not sure what you mean by evasiveness. I've answered every question I've been asked with ample, if not excessive, information. When this came up before, I was told that I looked evasive when I asked for clarity before reply, in full, to any particular question. Avoiding questions, by either ignoring them or blowing them off, is obviously scummy, but is there any reason why you believe that my answers are not satisfactory?

Regarding Illgeo and anailater: I have issues with what you've put here. Firstly, stating that you don't trust anyone in mafia isn't exactly a town move. Of course no town player will trust any other player, because there's always the chance that your trust will betray you. I feel that since a general air of suspicion is a given in the game, there's no real benefit to giving points to someone just for pointing out that they are suspicious of everyone.

Secondly, and most importantly, you ask why scum would put forth a question like anailater's. Well, it seems to me that you now think he's town merely for asking that. Don't you think that could be a reason for choosing such a question? (That is, not so much for the answer as much as for the reputation for asking.) I'm not saying anailater is scum, necessarily. I'm just pointing something that seems to have been missed.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 18, 2014, 08:36:20 pm »

Day ends in 30 minutes.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 18, 2014, 08:55:44 pm »

I'm keeping my vote on Blitz, but I would really like to extend once more to see questions answered. While the first day's mislynch is acceptable enough, this second day has felt off to me.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 18, 2014, 09:02:29 pm »

Secind Extend!
So how are you today?

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 18, 2014, 09:03:45 pm »

Deathsword: Wgat do you think of the things I said about the lack of value in your posts!
So how are you today?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 18, 2014, 09:04:28 pm »

Secind Extend!
Alright, I'll let it slide.  Technically two minutes too late, but this isn't an exact science.

Day has been extended until 7 pm PST on Monday.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 19, 2014, 05:37:58 am »

DEATHSWORD!: Answer my question or I'll be forced to act on my suspicions without your input!
So how are you today?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24