Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLVIII: In a Galaxy Far Far Away (Scum Victory)  (Read 43700 times)

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVIII: In a Galaxy Far Far Away Day 2
« Reply #315 on: July 29, 2014, 01:29:12 am »

So apparently Blitz was a cop and i guess that renders the whole argument i was going to make about scum getting more info about people not being cops pretty much irrelevant.

And then Frostmoon dies and never gets to post her mysterious quote-filled post about me and Scripten.

Scripten: What do you think Frostmoon would have said if she were not killed by scum in the night?

Also you said earlier that you thought anailater might be scum protecting Blitz, but as soon as the day starts you go straight for anailater even tho Blitz came up town. And on top of that you also seem to have moved away from the me-anailater scumteam combo. It might feel like you've explained it already but can you outline for me why you think anailater is, as you put it, obvscum?

anailater:
Yobbo: You changed your bite from Blitz, to Deathswkrd and back to Blitz, Why?

I voted blitz partly to see how he'd react but that didn't work at all. I voted Deathsword because… that's harder to put into words. I started thinking about what you and Frostmoon were saying, and wondering when actually is it possible to lynch lurkers? Probably not at LYLO. Also I thought not responding at all within all those extends was pretty suspicious, along with not actually voting Blitz (i do think those both were excused when he responded later tho). But mostly because the way i saw things then I thought that Deathsword being lynched would give me more information than Blitz being lynched. I don't know if that's a terrible way to vote, but i am sure that just voting for whoever seems scummiest is not always the best choice. And also on top of that, i knew that i could always change my vote back if it somehow helped prompt something to happen. Which it sure did.

Voting Blitz at the end was just as i said, I didn't want a no-lynch and i knew that if Blitz didn't get lynched i'd still be wondering about him now.

On Deathsword, there are two other things too i guess. One, his joke earlier
Nerjin / Deathsword: If you're both scum and an IC, how will you balance that?
We'd stomp you.[/joke] More seriously though, we'd likely play as a normal IC would. An IC is to prioritize teaching above winning.
The we'd stomp you part, yes he was joking, but i do think that he'd probably be much better at hiding scumminess than maybe every other player here.

The other thing is, i really didn't expect Scripten to react anything like he did to Deathsword suddenly getting votes.

Everyone: Wehavent lynched a single scum yet, WHY?

This game is hard :(

isn't it weird no one else is posting, we're arguing with eachother and there letting it play out.
I only just got home (and read up and thought about things). Also a lot busier IRL than the start of the game (when i was on holiday), but not so busy that i won't be able to post. I was reading and could've posted more last week, but didn't really know what to say :/.

Deathsword: Sorry to hear that.

Illgeo: You haven't been saying much. What do you make of Blitz coming up cop?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVIII: In a Galaxy Far Far Away Day 3
« Reply #316 on: July 29, 2014, 11:14:31 am »

Votecount:
Scripten: anailater
yobbo:
anailater: scripten
illgeo:
Deathsword:
Not voting: Deathsword, illgeo, yobbo

Day ends in a little more than an hour unless the votecount changes

One replacement is needed.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 29, 2014, 12:23:47 pm »

day ends in 14 minutes

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 29, 2014, 12:26:45 pm »

Is a 24 hour day really the best idea?
EDIT: Oh, right, LYLO.  Sorry for interrupting.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 29, 2014, 12:35:16 pm »

Let's not have a no-lynch night, please? We can at least try to win this for the town.

Yobbo: I honestly cannot say. She was a fairly quiet player, so I'm not sure where she stood at the end there.

As for anailater, I considered how scummy both he and Blitz were. In fact, I have a direct quote here:

Maybe there's a possibility anailater and Blitz are a scumteam and anailater's trying to save him and i'm being suckered, but i don't think so.

This is also a possibility in my mind. My line of thinking goes like this:

- If Blitz is scum, then either Deathsword or anailater are his scumbuddy. I would focus on Deathsword for an entire day and see what we can dig up.

- If Blitz is town, then I suspect you and anailater. Since anailater is much more scummy, I would want to lynch him and see what turns up.

Basically, the fact that you haven't voted for me yet is making Illgeo look more suspicious. If you were scum, you'd have voted me already and won the game.

Unvote
Vote Illgeo

I want to hear from Illgeo before the day is up. Anailater, you're still the scummiest to me right now, but I'm buying time for the town.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 29, 2014, 12:56:13 pm »

I'm not sure what to say.
anailater seems scummiest to me now. His scumhunting is very sketchy.
Scripten and yobbo are 50/50 for me. I don't really how scumtells or towntells on them.
Deathsword is absent but towniest so far

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 29, 2014, 01:01:55 pm »

In that case, I'm going to go for anailater again, and hope that this isn't a yobbo/illgeo scumteam. This is kind of a crap situation to be in as town, since there's only three other active players, and two of them almost have to be scum. Let's get this over with.

Unvote Illgeo
Vote anailater

Here goes nuthin'...

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 29, 2014, 01:03:57 pm »

Well as I said, anailater

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 29, 2014, 03:31:28 pm »

Well bugger me, we'll I'm not going to give up
Scripteb: You still haven't answered my everyone question, instead deciding to go after my use of capitalisation, if your sure of my scuminess it shouldn't hurt you that much to answer all my questions right? Though I'm not sure how this works so might all ready he dead....
Also you never really talked about the impact that Blitz was cop, what did you think of that.
Illego: Could you please go more in depth with your reads, you now seeing as its LYLO and all? The things you say make sense but I want you to expand on them more.
Unvite Scripten.
((Hey quick question, once the games over is there a reflection period to talk about everything that happened?))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 29, 2014, 04:30:14 pm »

Scripteb: You still haven't answered my everyone question, instead deciding to go after my use of capitalisation, if your sure of my scuminess it shouldn't hurt you that much to answer all my questions right?

What? Where did I do that? Are you talking about where I mentioned your all-caps posts? Well, yeah, I attacked that post, but not because it was in all caps. I attacked it because, as with most of the cases you've been making on day 2 & 3, there's no evidence or content to it. It's just ambiguous statements like "You're suspicious! Tell me why you aren't suspicious or I'm voting you!"

Though I'm not sure how this works so might all ready he dead....
Also you never really talked about the impact that Blitz was cop, what did you think of that.

I think you're fine until there's a majority vote or the day ends with you having the most votes. The impact of Blitz as cop... well, I figured it was fairly apparent, but alright.

Firstly, I feel that Blitz investigated Deathsword overnight, since he said, several times, that DS didn't seem scummy, but never said that it was just a gut feeling. I also noticed here that he did not try to exonerate you like he would have under the assumption that he investigated you. Really, the only opinions I really got from him were that DS was town and that yobbo felt scummy, but that was a gut feeling, so Blitz most likely didn't investigate him. I've actually already mentioned all this, but I suppose it bears repeating.

Is there anything else upon which you'd like me to elucidate?

((Hey quick question, once the games over is there a reflection period to talk about everything that happened?))

((There usually seems to be. It's especially fun to read in stuff like the Supernatural games.))

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 29, 2014, 04:43:44 pm »

The question was "Why do you think we haven't killed any scum yet" you have all of this talk, for the past two days that I'm scummy, but you haven't killed me, instead waiting until the time when it's the most important I'm suspicious, why didn't you rally against me yesterday!
((Good to hear, I'm excited to see reactions and such :) ))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 29, 2014, 04:50:27 pm »

The question was "Why do you think we haven't killed any scum yet" you have all of this talk, for the past two days that I'm scummy, but you haven't killed me, instead waiting until the time when it's the most important I'm suspicious, why didn't you rally against me yesterday!
((Good to hear, I'm excited to see reactions and such :) ))

This is getting silly...

As for me going after Blitz and not you...

Deathsword: While I agree with you changing your vote, I question why you would do so this late in the day (Well past the cutoff) when you are risking a no-lynch night.

Already answered, long ago. A no-lynch wouldn't give us any information, and a no-lynch is what we would have gotten if I'd tied up the vote.

Why do I think we haven't killed scum yet? Probably because we have a lot of inactivity going on, for various reasons. I said it way in the beginning of this game; active towns are the only towns that win.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 29, 2014, 04:52:50 pm »

Scripten:We'll your active and I'm active, Yobbo and Illego are fairly active and Blitz was active before he was killed, we have inactives yes but their mostly dead.
So how are you today?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 29, 2014, 05:12:00 pm »

Most of the more lurk-y players are dead, except for Deathsword, who's sad situation has made him as good as dead. This means that it's just us four playing actively right now. That means half of us are almost certainly scum, but we need to lynch a mafia player so that the town doesn't lose. Bad situation to be in, as a townie.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 29, 2014, 05:39:19 pm »

Can you please answer a question for me, for quite a while Blitz scuminess was blamed on noobiness, which turned out to he true, why do you assume I'm Scum when it could just be I'm really bad at scum hunting?
ALL OF MY POSTS ARE PFP
So how are you today?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24