Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLVIII: In a Galaxy Far Far Away (Scum Victory)  (Read 43319 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVIII: In a Galaxy Far Far Away (Scum Victory)
« Reply #345 on: July 31, 2014, 12:16:20 pm »

I think that everyone did quite well for a new players, particularly with both of the IC's sometimes unavailable.  Yes, there was some flailing and some slips, but all in all I liked what I saw.

What really killed the town here was that they looked to the active players to find the scum, ignoring those who were lurking.  Until the very end of the game, it seemed, nobody called Illgeo on lurking or tried to get him to say more.

Anybody else?  Preferably someone who didn't miss half of day 2?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 12:18:09 pm by 4maskwolf »

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 31, 2014, 12:33:58 pm »

I've played so many games with massive amounts of lurking that it's become a real problem for me to decipher when someone is lurking or when they're just quiet. I haven't had a game yet without at least one case of extreme lurkage, so I get paranoid about lurkers and then overcompensate.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 31, 2014, 12:36:16 pm »

Well I wasn't purposefully lurking most time, just had nothing to say. So you was somewhat right

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 31, 2014, 12:48:39 pm »

I feel like at times I was overcompensating, posting all the time because I didn't want people to think I was lurking, this made it so I had less to actually say and made me flail, theme the breaks I guess.
Scripten you were an honourable opponent, maybe one day well he scum together and not be at tooth and claw all the time :P
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Frostmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just your average eldritch feline. :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 31, 2014, 12:54:36 pm »

Woah, yobbo was scum! Wow, I most certainly was not expecting that. Illgeo's alignment was rather obvious, however, at least during day three. His under detailed, unexplained reads during LyLo seemed to parrot Scripten's (implied) reads. Still, nicely played.

Sorry that I was rather inactive during the middle to the end of day two. I wasn't expecting to be as busy as I was.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 12:56:26 pm by Frostmoon »

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 31, 2014, 01:04:05 pm »

Question for the mafia: How did you decide who to kill? Did you base it off of who was getting the closest to finding out who you were, or did you just do it semi-randomly?

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 31, 2014, 01:10:28 pm »

Well we mostly got those with least interaction with us, I think

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 31, 2014, 01:18:39 pm »

Okay, so you got the people who were looking the wrong direction? I suppose that would end up pointing the suspicion against those who the deceased were targeting.

It did seem that people forgot about you, Illgeo, more often than not.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 31, 2014, 07:49:36 pm »

I'm sorry everyone, i was mean and i lied ;_;.

I lied a lot.

Hmm....
So that gut feeling I had at the start 'bout Yobbo was right. Wonderful.
Weell...

Soo....
Reflection on actions? I probably should have been less lurky, and I now know to make my answers longer, with more info.
Yeah your responses changed a lot in day 2. I think if you'd been responding like that day 1 it would've been much harder to get you lynched.

I feel I would've played better with a computer, and a really need to work on my flailing, why did you think Blitz was obviously town? He was flailing almost as bad as I was, he said her given up, of course you had info we didn't....
Oh and I'm a he cause I saw you wondering.
Good play, did I worry you with my allegations against your last few posts?
This is actually really weird… i have no idea what it must have been like to not already know what alignment people were. The whole game i was thinking "why can't everyone see that me and Illgeo are the mafia? it's so obvious!". And with your flailing i thought "isn't it obvious that he's flailing beause he's being accused wrongly?". But i guess it's only obvious if you already know the answer o.O

That said i'm pretty sure after my attack on you at the start, even if i was town i would've still been 100% convinced you were town then too.

I'm also pretty sure if Blitz were scum he would've changed his behaviour quickly at the start. Because he would have had advice from MOWE / Silthuri (who sells herself short in scumchat but actually helped a lot). But in stead he seemed far too keen to draw attention to himself and far too carefree to be worried about being found out. Of course i already knew he was town, so…

As for worry i was worrying up until the very end ><

Damn, I suspected it, but I feel good about this game even though we lost. Sorry for getting on your case, anailater. I should have gone for Yobbo, but he caught me by buddying up very cleverly at the end there. I held with the idea that you were scum, just because I'm used to people getting upset and dropping lots of tells. :P If only we had one more day...

Good game, everyone!
Boy was i glad we inspected you night 1 and i knew there was no way you were actually a cop ;) after that i just had to pretend i was unsure of everything.

Woah, yobbo was scum! Wow, I most certainly was not expecting that. Illgeo's alignment was rather obvious, however, at least during day three. His under detailed, unexplained reads during LyLo seemed to parrot Scripten's (implied) reads. Still, nicely played.

Sorry that I was rather inactive during the middle to the end of day two. I wasn't expecting to be as busy as I was.
Is this when i'm supposed to do the evil laugh?

I think this is when i'm supposed to do the evil laugh.

I'm still super curious what you were going to say about me and Scripten you know.

Question for the mafia: How did you decide who to kill? Did you base it off of who was getting the closest to finding out who you were, or did you just do it semi-randomly?
Not killing people who seemed scummy was important, so that they'd still be around to divert attention and lynch votes. And killing those who everyone thought was town (a.k.a. Frostmoon) for the same but opposite reason. MOWE gave some other good advice and we discussed it in the scumchat, take a look.

BTW i wasn't kidding when i said this game is hard o.O. Good game everyone.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 31, 2014, 09:07:37 pm »

The Sith won! The Sith always win~

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 01, 2014, 06:17:30 am »

The Sith won! The Sith always win~
The force must be, and always will be in balance, perhaps not today, perhaps not tommorow, but the force will be balanced again.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]